“The old brunch days are over - Management Gone Bad.”
Review of Blackstone Bistro

Blackstone Bistro
Ranked #713 of 4,224 Restaurants in Cairo
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Blackstone used to be one of our favorite spots every Friday/Saturday, we have breakfast/brunch/lunch, depending on the mood.

Yet suddenly a few months ago, things have changed, it started with:

1. No coffee because the coffee machine is broken;
2. No Orange juice because it's finished;
3. We don't have hash browns anymore, they are finished;
4. This and this and this are unavailable;

And then the things that were available were smaller portions and not the best quality.

Add to that, they no longer open early on weekends, hahaha, now they officially open at 12 noon or later!

I walked into a competitor place a few days after to find some of the old Blackstone staff there, they also told me that some of the chefs from Blackstone moved there, and they provided me with the best service I've ever had in this place, which now became my new alternative to the market blackstone stopped serving.

We used to go to blackstone as a group of 6-14 people.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Good gourmet cafe with a reasonable selection of choices. Service is efficient but the whole place lacks atmosphere. Kitchen smells through to the dining area.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

My wife and I finally stopped in for dinner here after several recommendations. The restaurant boasts a pleasant, romantic dining experience. The clientele appeared to be a younger, affluent group. The restaurant is located basically on a garden level - so the lighting is artificial and dim with no windows, but lots of enjoyable art to look at and architectural features like exposed rustic beams in the ceiling and a brick fireplace. The ambiance was just right for an enjoyable dinner out without the kids. My wife had the chicken kebab and enjoyed it very much after adding a little bit of soy sauce to add some more flavor. I had "Our Burger" with fries. The burger was great; probably the best I've had after more than a year in Cairo. The fries were okay. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it seemed like some of them were either burned to a crisp or came from some other strange tuber cousin. I was looking forward to a tall, cold glass of freshly squeezed orange juice - but such was not available. The manager stopped in to check on us and the service was very polite and attentive. The cost was a bit on the higher side compared to other nearby options. Although they asked if we wanted smoking or non (we asked for non), it didn't make a difference. Two tables down from our "non" smoking section they were smoking like chimneys. Not Shisha, but c'mon - you can't eat anywhere in Cairo without cigarette smoke. We still enjoyed ourselves greatly and will likely return.

1  Thank JustMyTwoCentsWorth
Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

Excellent poached eggs and great cinnamon toasts for a fair price. The interior is a bit on the dark side and the doorman hinges on slightly annoying. But it doesn't spoil the experience, very good!

1  Thank Mark v
Reviewed 24 October 2014

Blackstone was one of my old favorite places in Cairo for its effortlessly delicious dishes. I was craving it a couple of days ago and decided to pay it a visit after almost a year from my last dinner there. I hadn't eaten since breakfast so we ordered soup, shared a flatbread as an appetizer, and I ordered BBQ Burger well done for my dinner dish. The soup was the potato house specialty off the menu, and it was the highlight of the meal. The garlic flat bread was OK but nothing WOW there. To be honest I was full right after splitting that flat bread, but thought hey I came all the way for this, I won't waste the chance to eat it fresh and hot. For starters, the onion rings on the sandwich looked burnt from the outside, the meat was cooked medium-well, and the fries were stale and not appetizing.
After finishing my meal I was feeling sick, heavy, and disappointed that Blackstone will be off my favorite list at least for the foreseen future.

1  Thank yattiyah