“Burned fries and no OJ - but that's okay”
Review of Blackstone Bistro

Blackstone Bistro
Ranked #343 of 4,311 Restaurants in Cairo
Reviewed 28 February 2015

My wife and I finally stopped in for dinner here after several recommendations. The restaurant boasts a pleasant, romantic dining experience. The clientele appeared to be a younger, affluent group. The restaurant is located basically on a garden level - so the lighting is artificial and dim with no windows, but lots of enjoyable art to look at and architectural features like exposed rustic beams in the ceiling and a brick fireplace. The ambiance was just right for an enjoyable dinner out without the kids. My wife had the chicken kebab and enjoyed it very much after adding a little bit of soy sauce to add some more flavor. I had "Our Burger" with fries. The burger was great; probably the best I've had after more than a year in Cairo. The fries were okay. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it seemed like some of them were either burned to a crisp or came from some other strange tuber cousin. I was looking forward to a tall, cold glass of freshly squeezed orange juice - but such was not available. The manager stopped in to check on us and the service was very polite and attentive. The cost was a bit on the higher side compared to other nearby options. Although they asked if we wanted smoking or non (we asked for non), it didn't make a difference. Two tables down from our "non" smoking section they were smoking like chimneys. Not Shisha, but c'mon - you can't eat anywhere in Cairo without cigarette smoke. We still enjoyed ourselves greatly and will likely return.

1  Thank JustMyTwoCentsWorth

Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

Excellent poached eggs and great cinnamon toasts for a fair price. The interior is a bit on the dark side and the doorman hinges on slightly annoying. But it doesn't spoil the experience, very good!

1  Thank Mark v
Reviewed 24 October 2014

Blackstone was one of my old favorite places in Cairo for its effortlessly delicious dishes. I was craving it a couple of days ago and decided to pay it a visit after almost a year from my last dinner there. I hadn't eaten since breakfast so we ordered soup, shared a flatbread as an appetizer, and I ordered BBQ Burger well done for my dinner dish. The soup was the potato house specialty off the menu, and it was the highlight of the meal. The garlic flat bread was OK but nothing WOW there. To be honest I was full right after splitting that flat bread, but thought hey I came all the way for this, I won't waste the chance to eat it fresh and hot. For starters, the onion rings on the sandwich looked burnt from the outside, the meat was cooked medium-well, and the fries were stale and not appetizing.
After finishing my meal I was feeling sick, heavy, and disappointed that Blackstone will be off my favorite list at least for the foreseen future.

1  Thank yattiyah
Reviewed 20 September 2014

I had a very tasty Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict there, my friend had Blackstone breakfast and loved it. The overall atmosphere is amazingly classy yet kind of overpriced. Will definitely go there again.

1  Thank rbadry27
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was recommended to me for a treat of american food in zamalek. Great latte. great place for bruch!

1  Thank fjrmpr