“Old Favorite Gone Wrong”
Review of Blackstone Bistro

Blackstone Bistro
Ranked #713 of 4,224 Restaurants in Cairo
Reviewed 24 October 2014

Blackstone was one of my old favorite places in Cairo for its effortlessly delicious dishes. I was craving it a couple of days ago and decided to pay it a visit after almost a year from my last dinner there. I hadn't eaten since breakfast so we ordered soup, shared a flatbread as an appetizer, and I ordered BBQ Burger well done for my dinner dish. The soup was the potato house specialty off the menu, and it was the highlight of the meal. The garlic flat bread was OK but nothing WOW there. To be honest I was full right after splitting that flat bread, but thought hey I came all the way for this, I won't waste the chance to eat it fresh and hot. For starters, the onion rings on the sandwich looked burnt from the outside, the meat was cooked medium-well, and the fries were stale and not appetizing.
After finishing my meal I was feeling sick, heavy, and disappointed that Blackstone will be off my favorite list at least for the foreseen future.

1  Thank yattiyah
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 September 2014

I had a very tasty Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict there, my friend had Blackstone breakfast and loved it. The overall atmosphere is amazingly classy yet kind of overpriced. Will definitely go there again.

1  Thank rbadry27
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was recommended to me for a treat of american food in zamalek. Great latte. great place for bruch!

1  Thank fjrmpr
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Ever since I paid my first visit in April 2014 it quickly became one of my favorite places to dine in Egypt.I usually have the "Blackstone Fillet" and its AWESOME !! you can taste the quality of the meat, with the perfect cook exactly as you ordered. I have also tried the pasta and aside from slightly dry chicken it was very tasty.Even though some would question the portions, I find it quite fulfilling. Service is relatively fast, even on a busy night you wouldn't starve to death! It can be slightly pricey but you do get your money's worth.
It is officially my go-to place whenever I'm craving a good fillet or seeking a decent meal in general.

1  Thank RaneimRashid
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The food was excellent. Especially I like the rib-eye stake and onion soup. Alkohol is available. The restaurant staff was polite and had a good sence of service-mind. Location is bit difficult to find. But overall it's good.

1  Thank mockturtle-patio