“Fab place, OK food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
UK
“Fab place, OK food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff look after you from arrival, apart form occasionally slow reception and all the staff are very keen to make sure everything's OK. The place itself is splendid, the pools are supreme and there's little to compare with swimming from the indoor pool out to paddle around under the night sky. If you like golf, that's there too. The rooms are fine and the place is very peaceful, apart from the evening singers. My only quibbles would be cleaning: a bit more use of a vacuiuum & less with a brush might help the carpets, an more importantly the food. There's plenty of variety but a lot of it is indifferent. The steak restaurant is overpriced & dull, the asian food simply dull. The others pall after a week. Overall a great place with room for better food

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel during your trip to Egypt, Your kind review is very much appreciated. It is very rewarding for both the team and I to receive your feedback.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel sometime in the near future.

Director of Rooms Operations
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I highly recommend this hotel if you are working in the new area near the airport. Our office is 10 mins away.

The hotel is secure, is a nice setting on a golf course, is nicely decorated and has good restaurants (Excellent breakfast buffet, excellent steak and Lebanese, Italian is available too). All the staff are helpful and friendly.

There is a free shuttle to and from the airport every hour.

The rooms are quaint, cleaned perfectly each day with comfortable beds.

I had a good Swedish massage at the spa after a tough week of work. I didnt use the gym or the pool.

I highly recommend the JW as a business hotel. I was previously booked at the Dusit but my local colleague recommended I change to the Marriott, No regrets!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us at the JW Marriott Cairo,

I am so please to hear your feedback, Actually Each member of the team care passionately about the experiences of our guests, and I am so pleased you had the opportunity to experience our hospitality for yourself, The JW Marriott Cairo Hotel really does have a great advantage being right only 15 minutes away from Cairo International Airport with great amenities and fabulous facilities.

We are always looking to be one step ahead and assist our guests with every request that they may have.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back and should you need any further assistance or have any queries, please feel free to contact me.

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We spent a long weekend there, the room looks very nice and clean. The housekeeping team is very helpful. Although the hotel is huge, Yet not too much activities to be done! Gym equipments are a bit old, but it's pool is great, the main problem I faced in using it was that kids are not allowed.
Breakfast buffet at lemon grass is fine but not up to my expectations of a Marriott hotel. The thing that was really a surprise for me that Friday night when we went to Lemon grass to take dinner which supposed to be open buffet we were advised that no open buffets for dinner is served in any of the hotel restaurants and that the only option we have a la carte!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went to JW marriott hotel twice for a day use , Rooms were very spacious and extra luxurious , bathroom , beds , TV . everything was good.

The hotel has a man made amazing beach for swimming and many kids and adults swimming pools with amazing water slides for kids.

Food was very delicious on the beach and from room service.

The hotel has many restaurants but I haven't tried except the Italian which has amazing atmosphere and Food organized by Italian chef.

The location is not at all touristy , the hotel is located on the deserted ring road which is so far than cairo downtown and Pyramids etc. but it's 10 or 15 minutes to Airport so it's perfect for business or Flight connecting passengers

simply the hotel is an oasis inside a desert . I love this hotel and god welling , I will go next summer for a day use with my family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel

It is our absolute pleasure to receive such a positive comment about our products and services!

We aim to provide our guests genuine hospitality with good and comfortable hotel rooms so that they can make the most of their time.

I trust you will rejoin us back soon, If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Cairo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Though I stayed at the hotel three years ago and enjoyed a marvelous vacation, this time I am only reviewing the Mirage Cafe. The Mirage Cafe serves an exquisite seafood night every evening. The quality of the buffet used to be mediocre. However, a recent improvement left the quality outstanding. If you enjoy des fruits de mer, you are in for a treat; amazing lobster, mouth-water prawns, yummy fried calamri, delightful creamy seafood soup, along with an irresistible parade of sushi, appetizers and above-the-par desert, both oriental and western. Though a bit pricey, the buffet is more than worth it. The gastronomic experience is complemented by an enchanting, dim-lit ambiance in the sophisticated setting of the J. W. Marriott.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noha K
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Ms. Noha Kamal,

Thank you for dinning with us at Mirage Cafe Restaurant and sharing your review.

I am pleased that you have been able to notice the improvement in our Products. We are surely doing our best to ensure our products and service continuously improve with changing times.

Your kind review is very much appreciated, I had the pleasure to share your feedback with both the Restaurant and Kitchen teams.

We are so proud to have one of the most exciting Sea Food options in the area, Our chef is quite passionate about providing the very best.

I trust you will have the opportunity to revisit us back soon