“A flying visit that did the job but nothing much more...”

Novotel Cairo Airport
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I arrived into Cairo after 11pm and my connecting flight departed the following morning at 8am. I am Platinum with Accor.

Following recommendations from other travellers, I contacted the hotel and provided my flight information. They responded telling me where to expect the shuttle bus to be when I exited the terminal. I had expected them to say they would send somebody to guide me through arrivals as others have mentioned happens.

Upon arrival I descended the escalator from the gate area into the arrivals area and was pleasantly surprised to see a gentleman waiting with a sign with my name on. He did a great job guiding me through the arrivals process (I purchased at visa upon arrival - $25) and to the bus which materialised in a matter of minutes once he called.

The journey from the airport to the hotel took little more than 5 minutes as there were no other passengers to pick up from the other terminal. When arriving at the hotel you have to put your luggage through an x-ray machine but this took a matter of seconds.

Check-in was rapid but not exactly super-friendly. There was zero acknowledgement of Accor status or any explanation of facilities offered. As I was set for a sleep of less than 4 hours, this was not exactly the end of the world!

I had booked a suite to stay in. Although larger than a regular Novotel room one experiences in the UK and other countries, the furniture etc. was functional but nothing more. Nothing quality about the place. The bed was comfortable enough and shower very good though.

The shuttle back to the airport leaves every 30 minutes during the morning and following a very rapid checkout, found myself back at the airport in a matter of minutes. The shuttle bus driver does a great job and is very friendly.

In summary, given I was there a matter of a few hours, the hotel serviced its purpose but I cannot honestly recommend it for any stay of considerable time.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room away from the lifts on a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Mohamed A, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to review your comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Cairo Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive the client's feedback, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests we will be able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be at Novotel Cairo Airport with a lot of improvements as you expect.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, the room was modest but clean, my room was looking over pool which was also quite. Breakfast was alright and dinner could have been a little better. Do not book through the car hire near the lift, they are very expensive triple what you would get with a normal taxi driver.

Would I back? NO

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Mohamed A, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Warm welcoming , service is very good , staff are very kind and helpful, food tastes amazing, rooms are very comfortable, spa and gym are awesome and Spending time there is the best ever. Thanks for having me .

Dear Guest,

As a valuable and precious repeater guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing Novotel Cairo Airport another time to spend your recent holiday and considering the hotel as your 02nd home .

We are greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests in the tripadvisor site and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of standards.

Once again many thanks for your comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you, assuring that your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I regularly stay at this hotel during my bussines trips. The hotel is very conveniently located. They have excellent staff who are very cooperative especial mention for Ms. Dina and Chef. Ayman they go out of the way to help us.

Dear Guest,

We would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for your valuable comments and assuring that we will keep maintaining our quality of service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again in the nearest future at your 02nd home Novotel Cairo Airport.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I stayed here about 12 hours during a long layover. Friendly staff let me check in a bit early, too. I took a 5 minute cab ride there, but they do have shuttles. I took the shuttle back to the airport-- it leaves every 30 minutes. The pool is great-- music, swimming, and drink/food service.

Room Tip: Try to get a high up room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for your comments concerning your recent visit at Novotel Cairo Airport spending your holiday and for taking time to put your feed back in the tripadvisor site. We are greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of standards.

Many thanks for your positive comments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Accor Hotels.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at Novotel Cairo Airport or any of AccorHotels Worldwide.