“Novotel of Cairo”

Novotel Cairo El Borg
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is probably the most sterile hotel I have ever stayed in, It has no ambiance of it's own at all. It also is set up very strangely, the elevator is around to the back in an alcove, the restaurant is the restaurant and the bar at the same time but there is no alcohol at all in the hotel so why call it a bar. It has no real amenities to speak of the whole hotel is just sterile no character of it's own in fact I did not have a good feeling about it I worried the whole time I was there. Yes it has a good Nile view but nothing else. The food was poor the desk people were generic and the gift shop sky high in prices. I only stayed there because the price is right but never again.
Collie

Room Tip: The Nile river rooms are very noisy so if you'd like quiet ask for another room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Colliegirl

Dear Madame, Sir
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Cairo El Borg. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Rosolaccio

Reviewed 14 March 2012

very nice hotel, with good service and excelent food!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank vasaio012

Dear Madame, Sir

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cairo El Borg.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the Novotel for 5 nights and really enjoyed my stay, I would definitely stay there again. As I have been to Cairo many times I opted for a cheaper city view room on the 3rd floor, you can get a fabulous Nile view from the roof if you want one. My room was a non-smoking room with a great view of the Cairo Tower. The rate I paid included a daily breakfast buffet which was fantastic. There was a really good variety each day and all of the food was fresh and replenished quickly, the hot dishes were always hot & not lukewarm. Make sure you sit in the non-smoking part, I made that mistake on day one.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities in the room which was a really nice touch. The bathroom was fine but with no bath, if you like that sort of thing. The fridge in the room was not very cold & there was no way to adjust the temperature but you can get ice/bucket from the restaurant.
The hotel is in a good handy location, within easy walking distance to Tahrir, Museum, Downtown shops and restaurants & Zamalek.
There is free internet in the lobby (2 computers with super large screens) and a session lasts for 20 minutes, you get a warning before the time is up to save your work and it's easy enough to log in for another 20 minutes. You can also get free internet in the lobby cafe if you are having a snack or drink.
The pool was small but clean and the staff, especially Ashraf were helpful.
There is no alcohol served in the hotel but it's only a short walk to the Shepheard hotel over the bridge and I had no problem bringing in alcohol from Drinkie's outside.
I had a room service meal one evening which was really tasty and swiftly delivered – club sandwich and fries 37.5LE & 12% sales tax. I used the laundry service and if you put it in by 11am you get it back the same day – 11LE long trousers, 12LE for a long sleeve shirt and 5LE for a pair of socks.
On my arrival day, I checked the mini bar and realised that the fridge was missing a few items. I was out all afternoon and so did not get around to asking for it to be re-stocked until the next morning. I had to check out early in the morning on my departure and did not realise until later in the day that I was charged for the missing items.
Another small annoyance was that I got a phone call on the first three mornings from the tour desk in the lobby asking me if I wanted any tours. I did use the hotel limo service for my last morning as I had to catch a train to Minya very early and did not want to be late. They did not show up at the appointed time but after speaking to the reception staff (tour desk unmanned at that time) they arrived about 30 mins late, I still managed to get my train.

Room Tip: Great view of the Cairo Tower from the City view rooms and a great FREE Nile view from the roof.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Nefertari

Dear Madame, Sir

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward

Reviewed 18 February 2012

After a late arrival at Cairo airport we chose this place mostly for practical reasons. This choice turned out very good. The rooms are spacious enough to accomodate two adults plus two children without surcharge (Novotel policy). Very nice breakfast and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Check out the roof top restaurant and the whirlpools overlooking Cairo.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AilaAlbrecht
NovotelCairo, Manager at Novotel Cairo El Borg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear Ms,Mr

First I would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Cairo El Borg
we very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cairo El Borg.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward.