“Not a good hotel, but not the worst I've been in”

Pharaohs Palace Hostel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cairo
Pharaohs Palace Hostel
Ranked #83 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Unfortunately, I needed to sleep in this hotel during the day twice - first coming off a plane and the second after not sleeping on an overnight train. There was construction going on both days and sleep was simply not possible. I left and booked myself into a more luxurious hotel during the second day out of necessity.

Rooms were old but functional and reasonably clean otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank benau7
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 November 2009

Yeah ! Thats incredible ! But location is the best hotel in Cairo ! You can find everything on your street ( El Qasr Nile , Talat Harb Square ) Generally this region is the most known place in Cairo so taxi driver can find your hotel easily when you say the address like " Talat Harb Square" . So you can see Egyptian people life . Especially i advice you must go out an evning closer that hotel . The hotel is closer for Egyptian National Museum . Hotel is not luxury but cheap ! Location is the best ! However that hotel is the top of a building . It has 15 rooms . Thats like a hostel but staff wants to see you when you smile . However you can find exchange offices more in this region . You can not find more than ! And breakfast is poor ! But i did not go for my breakfast . So you can find cafes closer National Museum . so i did !

Bathroom is not included in hotel room . And everyone use your bathroom . That is not hyjjenic ! So you dont put your shampoo or your towel . Hotel doesnt give any amennity kit for your rest .

If you tell "i will see only cairo , hotel is not important for me , location is most important " , i say you can prefer ! I booked it from booking.com . And hotel said if you stay 4 night or more , we will meet you in airport and they did . So they can help you forever !

And i did not expect a luxury hotel and i went to my hotel only sleeping !

And WI-FI Internet is free ! You did not forget to take your laptop !

They want to sell a package tour to you , i did not buy so thats not good , if you discover your Cairo , please you dont buy any tour programme !

from this hotel
Walking ;
Nile River , National Museum only 3 minutes !
Ramses Train Station only 7-10 minutes !
Khan El Halil 15 minutes !
Cairo Tower 25 minutes
Hilton Ramses 10 minutes

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Can B
Reviewed 29 October 2009

After arriving to the Hotel, we found out that they do not have the room with the pivate bathrooms available as per our booking. At first they asked us to stay in another room for until they have another room available. The room was not clean and there was only one sheet on the bed that looked discusting. After complaining about that they told us that they have another Hotel close by "Cairo Palace" that was opened the very same day and they can transfer us to ther. We agreed. But we were faced with a newly painted room which still smell like fresh paint. The shower was terrible. It took me 1 hour to wet my her due to the very low water pressure. To cut the long story short, I should say that we faced a lot of problems from power outage to no water and faulty airconditioner. After 2 nights of staying there we changed our Hotel since the smell of the paint wa making us sick,
I should say that the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank panjegoli
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I was pleasantly suprised by this hostel as my friend had booked it and I was unsure what to expect. It looks a bit dismal from the outside but once you reach the top floor (By stairs or lift) then you instanly feel welcomed. The rooms are cosy and the staff are really friendly. It is a very good hostel to use as a base to visit the sights of Cairo and the staff are really helpful with arranging transport or just advising you where to eat or visit.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank ItravelLiverpool
Reviewed 6 January 2009

i realy spend a good time in the hotel, it is cheap and clean, the staff is friendly, the room is clean i recomanded to other gust to stay at pharaohs palace hotel in cairo

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank aladin111