All reviews city hall washing machine super deluxe one bedroom apartment serviced apartment living room coffee beans rice cooker fully equipped kitchen apartment hotel central seoul lotte mart indoor pool front desk staff floor to ceiling windows house keeping min walk
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I didn't enjoy staying at this hotel, it made my stay miserable.

I think this hotel didn't provide the service we were expected and for the money we were paying. I will never visit this hotel again. I use to stay in fraser suites and the service was excellent there.

There was a receptionst male, his attitute toward customer was bad and his response to our question was not good.

This hotel is far from everything you can imagine. Even you have to wait online for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sharaf2
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I really like the view and the location of this arpartment, very good service. My family loved it.
Down stairs is a Coffee Bean Shop, On the 2nd floor there is a snooker room, conference, meeting, Children playroom, libary and a resident lounge and bar

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny" "Rooms on south side are quieter" "Higher foors have less bar and lounge noise"
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Chawin
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Excellent hotel for the price I paid. We are a family of three and stayed in a 1-bedroom apartment for 5 nights in October 2011.
- Very good facilities in the apartment - washer and dryer, DVD machine, big fridge and a lot of storage places. Apartment is clean and well-maintained.
- Location is fantastic. Within walking distance to subway stations, airport limo bus 6005 stops outside the hotel, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaves just downstairs, 7-11 and a Korean restaurant right opposite the hotel, within manageable walking distance to MyeonDong and Namdaemun.
- Our return flight was scheduled for the evening and there is ample space on the basement and 2nd floors to freshen up, rest and relax before leaving for the airport.

My only gripe is the traffic noise. We stayed on the 11th floor, facing the main road and the traffic noise at night can be a bit irritating.

Room Tip: Request for a room that faces away from the main road, the side that faces 7-11.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank babym11
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was staying there with a couple of colleagues while ona business trip to Seoul. The palce was great because of its location and breakfast. It is centrally located and very near to City Hall Train station and also to Seoul Station which connects you to other parts of South Korea. The staff was also very helpful, since language is a big problem there. The breakfast served in the morning was great. Overall wonderful place to stay if on a business trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mildmilind
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed at this property from 14th till 19th October in a Studio Apartment and have mixed feelings of our experiences. The choice was made based on space and location vs price and I'd rate it a 3.5-above average given that 4 and 5-stars hotels are expensive in Seoul.

I liked:
1) The space - the apartment was about 34 sqm with a king-bed and I loved the many concealed cabinets/drawers for my loads of stuff, brought from home and from the daily shopping. Truly well furnished intended for travellers as a temporary home.

2) Location - I like the location as it was close to everywhere but not in the middle of noise and crowd. There is an airport bus (number 6005) which stops right at Fraser's entrance costing KRW10,000. There are 2 subway stations nearby and the Deoksugung Palace/Namdaemun Market/Myeongdong are all within 15 minutes of walking distances. Seoul Station is just 1 stop away from the City Hall station. Around Fraser are mostly office buildings, small local eateries, cafes/bakeries and convenience stores.

3) Internet - very high-speed internet connection is available in the apartment but is chargeable.

Dislikes:
a) Bath time - because living space was so well maximised that it resulted in a small shower stall and toilet, with the washing basin located OUTSIDE the door so strictly speaking there was no bathroom in our apartment of that layout! Having to get dressed in the little standing space between the entrance hallway and the 'bathroom' was indeed challenging. The toileries were not replaced until I left a written note for Housekeeping.

b) Language barrier - most of the fittings came with Korean instructions only, examples being the aircon set, gas stove and microwave oven.

In general, I feel the stay was pleasant enough but the Husband felt that some reception staff were neither friendly nor helpful when we asked for directions which puzzled him (who travels frequently to Seoul and was cynical at my choice of FRaser in downtown instead of his familar Gangnam).

Tip : look out for Ms Libby and Mr Chris at the reception, they are lovely to talk to!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MagQueenK