All reviews insadong street insadong gil great location jonggak station large bathroom walking distance separate toilet airport bus gyeongbokgung palace free laundry really enjoyed our stay here bukchon hanok village shower curtain king bed main palaces per night tourist attractions
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Located in a two minutes distance from insadong-gil, Sunbee is a great base to explore Seoul. Many sights in walking distance.

Spacious rooms with high-tech wc. Korean styled roomes are tastefully furnished.

Good breakfast.

Helpful and friendly staff.

Doors to rooms are a bit thin so that one could hear everything from the neighbouring rooms/doorway. Besides of that, this hotel is to be recommended 5* on tripadvisor.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Sunbee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Hans D

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. I will pass on your comments to the team and we all promise to provide better service next time. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sunbee hotel in the future. I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The room are quite spacious, I think is better to choose not the Korean because of the smell of the wood(new), the staff is very helpful the location is perfect and the cleanliness
is very good. Definitely suggest to stay there.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Sunbee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Sizzla_is

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to the team and we all promise to provide better service next time. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sunbee hotel in the future. I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Lovely hotel, with nice staff, who let us check in a bit earlier than the required 2pm. The room is a good size and clean. It is a 2 minute walk from the main Insadong street , and a 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro. We did not use the breakfast, but there are 3 bakeries in the area, including the highly recommend Bake 1 minute away from the hotel.
The location is great within Seoul and even the shopping area of Meongdong is only 15-20 minutes walk away.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Sunbee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Mickpecheur

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff and we all promise to provide better service next time. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sunbee hotel in the future. I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Sunbee is a place that stands out in every way. We were allowed to store luggage there 2 weeks before our actual stay so we got a lot less to drasse on when we traveled to Jeju and Busan. To be a three star budget hotel I think the breakfast options were much better than comparable budget hotels we stayed at. The breakfast consisted of 2 set menus where you could choose from delicate options. There were laundries and driers in the basement free of charge. After 3 weeks of travelling where most hotels had outseourcet this service at rip off rates this is a great deal! We saved at least 3,000 NOK to wait for this until we came to Sunbee! The hotel is by the way in the heart of Insadong. If you do not know Insadong, you should check out information about the area via YouTube and TripAdvisor. On departure, it was one of the hotel staff who helped us with all our luggage to the nearest airport shuttle. In summary, this is what I call extraordinary service and location. It was also an added bonus the hotel did not house any business people. In short; perfect for vacationing families!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Pål H
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Sunbee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Pål H

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. I will pass on your kind and warm comments to the staff. We all promise to provide better service next time. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sunbee hotel in the future. I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel but it just wasn't in the cards. The cons outweigh the positives by a lot. First, I've never been to a hotel where they charged extra $20 per child, per night. If I knew this from the beginning I would have definitely stayed elsewhere. For about $140(usd) a night, this hotel isn't worth it. Every night I returned to the room, it smelled like cigarette smoke. The bathroom is nice and spacious, however, there are no shower curtains so the water goes everywhere.

Some positives...the location is good, near 3 metro stops and walking distances to many tourists spots. The hotel was quiet and the housekeeper kept the room spotless. The free laundry room is nice but it's located in a dingy basement. Be prepared for the dryer to take a minimum 1.5 to 2 hours to dry a regular load. Wifi was the best this about the hotel.

Luckily our vacation was still great despite Sunbee. I can't recommend this hotel to others when there are so many other hotels for reasonable prices.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Sunbee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear GothamPOP

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. I am so sorry that you were unhappy and I will pass on your comments to the manager. We will try to provide a room at a reasonable price. I hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sunbee hotel in the future. I wish you all the best.