See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Excellent hotel in the city. Close enough to subway links to get around and a short walk to the kukkiwon. I was there on a training break so this was great as I could go to the kukkiwon and to local gyms to train. The food was great the breakfast in particular was outstanding. For dinners though I would recommend going out and checking out the local restaurants as they were great. The nightlife was good as well. My brother and I visited a club which for the life of me I can't remember the name, but it was a great experience especially having to make a 2 foot jump to the dance floor after a couple of shandies. It's not a family break but for business or a short trip to Seoul it's great.

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is good value for money and generally cheaper than others of a similar standard in the same road. It takes about 10 minutes uphill from the Sinnonhyeon metro station exit 4. Near to exit 4 is also Bongeunsa-ro 4-gil where if you want to get away from hotel food you can find plenty of variety mostly Korean style restaurants but also you can find European style bars serving a mixture of both European and Korean food.

As for the hotel the breakfast buffet offers plenty of choice with slight variations each day, including Korean, Japanese and western style dishes with an assortment of fresh and tinned fruit. The wifi is free which is certainly different from the nearby Novotel which coincidentally if you take the bus from the airport is where the limo-bus will drop you off. The air conditioning I found difficult to regulate and to get the temperature down and did on some days have to open the window, but that aside its a good standard hotel worth a visit.

From the hotel using where necessary the metro its very easy to get to the Gangnam main areas, Insadong (traditional shopping area), the cultural museum and war memorial to name but a few attractions you can go to.

Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was picked for me by my Korean business associate. My review title says it all for me. I asked for a room with a king-size bed. They gave me a tiny room with a a full-size bed. The carpets were filthy. Although my room was on a non-smoking floor, other folks were smoking in their rooms on that floor. All night, I could hear their conversations and smell their cigarettes! There are better hotels in the Gangnam area around the same price range.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank H H
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stay for 2 nights for business.

Room is not modern, but comfortable enough. Bathroom is dated, but working well. Breakfast is good. Location is in Gangnum, but quite far away to subway. You have to walk about 400 m uphill for return trip. Airport bus stops at opposite best western hotel.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am in Seoul almost every month and I usually stay at Samjung Hotel. It's not a fancy hotel but there lots of things to like. First, the location is very accessible to companies, establishments, restaurants. Second, the staff are very friendly and can speak English well. Third, I personally like the their breakfast buffet.

As for the room, it was adequate. So far I didn't have problems staying at Samjung Hotel.

I haven't tried their sauna yet, maybe on my next visit.

Date of stay: May 2013