All reviews yeoksam station privilege room rooftop bar is business hotel business trip airport bus front desk staff comfortable bed great business hotel is located top floor rain shower rooms are small green line business district breakfast buffet is subway stop
Reviewed 29 January 2019

My wife and I just spent 4 days in the hotel. We have a Sofitel loyalty card?

Location
- Very conveniently placed in Gangnam close to a bus station with direction connections to both international airports. In fact,, we took a taxi which costed much cheaper than what was written in the not sent by the hotel after registration: 47k WON from ICN in about 40 minutes on Sunday at lunch time, and about 30k WON to Gimpo in about 30 minutes on Thursday at around 8 pm.
- It is also centrally located to visit various interested places in Gangnam such the Olympic park with the tens of contemporary statues and the SOMA museum; the Starfield library in the COEX centre, the Bongeunsa temple, the Folk museum in the Lotte World center, all reachable by subway, taxi or, for some of them by foot if you don't mind walking.
- The location is not as convenient if you have to go to the other side of the River Han, because of the intense Seoul car traffic. Unless you choose to go by subway perhaps, which we didn't try.
Across the street from the reception, there is a little store that may be open 24/7 and that has an ATM, which is really convenient.

SERVICE
Perfect from the first minute to the last. Everyone was friendly, efficient, helpful, trying to do their best to make our stay very comfortable. We asked some questions that requested some research. One of the person at the reception took the time to do that for us and come back later with the answers. The last day in the evening, even though we had already checked out, I asked to go to the sauna before going to the airport, which was kindly accepted without any problem. And when our taxi arrived, on of the ladies from the reception even insisted on carrying our luggages to the taxi herself, although I am very athletic (I refused, but she just did it :-) )

Breakfast
The 1st floor offers a really large buffet for breakfast, with truly delicious Asian and international food. And the staff is really friendly and efficient. Ws soon as we left our table to get another dish, or plates were removed to leave room for the next.

Sauna
I went there twice. It is very modern, in great condition, with very good equipments, spacious, and was not busy when I was going there in the evening.

Bedroom
We stayed in bedroom # 1615, I think. It is very comfortable and we slept very well. It was very quiet. From there, we had a view of the Gangnam roofs and skyline.

Reception area and bar
It is spacious, well designed and very comfortable. At the moment, there is a collection of very pretty contemporary paintings on the walls to the lifts. Some may be for sale.

Price
Very moderate for the quality of the hotel. In fact, I we choose to stay in this hotel over staying in a nice Airbnb apartment in a well-known Gangnam crossroads, The price was the same, but we wanted to enjoy the quality of the services provided by the hotel (concierge, buffet, sauna, and access from/to the airports).

Conclusions
Our stay was extremely pleasant. We have only good comments to make about this hotel, which we highly recommend. We may have to come back to Seoul in the Fall, and we will most probably stay in the hotel again.

Room tip: The higher rooms enjoy a view of the Gangnam skyline
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BongjaeKim, 제너럴 매니저 at Mercure Seoul Ambassador Gangnam Sodowe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Dear sipivu
We very appreciate your kindness for taking the time to share your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

It is our honor that you chose Mercure Hotel for your trip and thank you for recognizing our location,quality breakfast ,facility and exceptional staff service.

I am very delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us.

On behalf of our team I hope you will continue to stay with us during your future trip to Seoul!

Our purpose is to provide the best stay experience for our valued guests, and we will make every effort to ensure that.

We value all of your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

This is my 2nd time here. The hotel is centrally located with train station and lots of eateries nearby

Check in was fast and efficient. There are tables at check in to put our bags while checking in. V handy.

There’s a wide selection for breakfast and I noticed they have kids cutlery and plates which is good.

Room amenities were basic but functional

Only issue I had was the business centre was inside the priority lounge. I was not allowed access but I needed a quiet area with wall socket for 4 hours back to back calls, after check out and before heading to airport.

The lobby area was too noisy and the sockets were located under the table where my international adaptor and plug fell out easily when trying to plug in

I had to negotiate a while before being allowed in for few hours.

Else all is good

Trip type: Travelled on business
BongjaeKim, 제너럴 매니저 at Mercure Seoul Ambassador Gangnam Sodowe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2019

Dear beachbummer75
Warm greetings from Mercure Ambassador Seoul Sodowe Hotel!

First of all, thank you for staying Mercure Ambassador Gangnam SODOWE.
Also, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel in general.

But your valuable comments regarding business center and lobby, I have shared with team for improvement.

Thank you again sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be better than the previous.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights to see the sights of Gangnam. Check in was quick and very polite. Our room was small but typical for Seoul, so I have found from my other Seoul hotel stay. The shower offered rain water shower head and hose shower head. Only used hose shower head and the pressure was good. Bed and pillows was comfortable but I didn’t like that the bed was pushed up against the Japanese style sliding screen door to the bathroom and no bedside table on that side. My husband accidentally hit his leg into the screen door twice during the night while sleeping and it scared the crap out of me. Whereas I had 2 bedside tables on my side. I noticed other rooms were the same, so not sure why they would structure the room this way. Not a lot to do in the immediate area but only 600-800 metre walk to Gangnam station which we enjoyed the walk, or the train station is only 40 metres from hotel, so easily can catch train to next station Gangnam if preferred. Gangnam has a tourist info centre which will help plan your day.
We had dinner at fried chicken and beer place around the corner from hotel last night, highly recommend the 3 style fried chicken platter and beers. It’s across the road from Mexicana chicken and KFC, you will see them cooking the chicken from the front restaurant window.
The hotel rooftop was voted best 50 rooftop in the world, although we went up one night for a quick drink before bed and decided not to stay after seeing the prices of the drinks. Over $20AUD for a vodka, no thanks. I will buy a soju or beer from the local mart and enjoy from my room! Didn’t stick around to see the view so can’t comment whether it was worth it or not. Overall, lovely hotel and staff and happy we stayed.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BongjaeKim, 제너럴 매니저 at Mercure Seoul Ambassador Gangnam Sodowe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2019

Dear Mitchigirl

Warm greetings from Mercure Ambassador Seoul Sodowe Hotel!

First of all, thank you for staying Mercure Ambassador Gangnam SODOWE.
Also, thank you for taking the time to post your review.

But your valuable comments regarding sliding door and side table, I have shared with engineer team for improvement.
Also, as you mentioned about the rooftop, I will inform your valuable feedback to our sky lounge team to improve service.

Reviewed 13 January 2019

For a business trip, the hotel's location is fantastic. The staff is friendly, helpful, and kind.

The internet speeds though are the worst I've experienced in my stay for Korea. I usually go to the Starbucks across the street, or any of the coffee shops nearby.

I think the hotel can definitely do better with wifi speeds. This applies to me and my business colleagues.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
BongjaeKim, 제너럴 매니저 at Mercure Seoul Ambassador Gangnam Sodowe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Dear. bmenzalji
Warm greetings from Mercure Seoul Ambassador Gangnam SODOWE!
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad that you chose our hotel for your business trip and hope your overall stay was excellent.
Also, we appreciate your comment on our front staff service and facilities.

But regarding to wifi speeds, we will share with our team for improving service.

We hope we will be given another chance to make every visit of yours a memorable one.

Reviewed 13 January 2019

Stayed in December. Good location with lots of places to eat around hotel. There is a convenient store across the road. Walking distance to major shopping area and banks.
Rooms are a bit small but well equipped. Hotel has a cafe on the ground floor and a restaurant on the second.
Buffet in the restaurant is ok nothing exciting. There is a rooftop bar.
The main tourist attractions are a bit way from Gangnam. Gangnam is good for shopping in high end stores. The palace etc is a about 40 min by taxi.
Hotel is close to the subway train station which is a good plus. Friendly staff.
The one bad point was that the air conditioning could not be use in Winter as the rooms gets hot. But overall satisfied with hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear. Syd3333

First of all, thank you for staying Mercure Ambassador Gangnam SODOWE!

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for highlighting our location, room condition and service.

Regarding air condition I was very disappointed to hear that we failed to provide the level of experience you expected. I have shared your valuable comments with our team for improvement.

Sincerely yours,