1,116 results
All reviews asiana airlines beef soup free airport shuttle bus street food myeongdong cathedral street vendors hotel is located perfect location top floor heated toilet seat early check executive room fantastic hotel small room shopping and restaurants night market clean hotel
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Great location around tons of foot traffic areas. Always bumping and crowded outside in this neighborhood. Street vendors and stuff will sell you tasty food at night and random stuff during the day. The hotel is a nice little oasis in the busy street below.

Super sexy bar in the lobby. Wife and I also got a couples massage that wasn’t very expensive and felt ahmazing. We didn’t find tons of restaurants in the neighborhood we loved. So we would go to Itaewon or hongdae.

Close to a few different subway lines, and you can buy your T money card across the street in the 7-11.

Can walk to the cable car that takes you to the top of the mountain.

30 year old Americans point of view anyway!

Have fun in Seoul.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RoyalHotelSeoul, 매니저 at Royal Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear, Ahajek

Thank you for choosing Royal Hotel Seoul as your accommodation during your holiday in Seoul.
And thank you for taking your valuable time to leave a review about your recent stay at Royal Hotel Seoul.

we will shared your reviews with our all of staff.
we will continue to strive to provide the most comfortable stay to our guests.
Once again, Thank you for staying at Seoul Royal Hotel and we look forward to greet you with warm smile in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

The hotels location is super convenient and its easy to get around the city. Rooms are super clean and very reasonable for the price. I would highly recommend this hotel for everyone visiting Seoul, you wont be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear. Chanchiraaa

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us.
And we sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding overall your stay.

We are happy to know that your stay here was enjoyable with the various shopping and entertaining experiences nearby.

It will push us to be Seoul Royal Hotel , also we will continue to strive to provide the most comfortable stay to our guests.

Thank you again and look forward to have you with us again with even better service!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

It was my first trip to Seoul. I did research all the hotels’ reviews in TA here to find the best hotel to meet my preferences.

Why did i choose RHS?
Was it its location? It’s right inside Myeongdong, so enough said already. But so are the Lotte and Skypark chain of hotels. But it’s worth to mention that RHS is situated between 2 subway lines within 5 mins of brisk walking.
Or because it’s conveniently accessible from the Incheon and Gimpo Airports? Most who stay in Myeongdong would surely use the airport limousine bus which made stops within yards of most hotels. Though RHS offers free airport shuttle, any day there’s only 2 service running and your arrival may not fit into its schedule. But then there’s another option. Ride the AREX to Seoul Station. Take the lift to 3F to exit the turnstile and immediately on your right take the lift to 1F. Out of the lift on your right you will see one of the station exits. Here you can take the RHS free shuttle right to the hotel doorstep. But i also knew that Tmark and Skypark hotels operate free shuttle there too. [Here i deviate so as to mention the Seoul Station Airport Terminal. If you are flying out of Incheon on a SK airline flight, and use the AREX Express, you should take advantage to do the flight check-in at the station. You bypass the crowd and long lines at the airport checking-in, and also enter airside through a dedicated express immigration/customs clearance. Save you much hassle and extra time to explore the beautiful airport.]

I decided on RHS because they offered a affordable package stay for members. Free instant sign-up at their website. Included were a deluxe room, daily buffet breakfast for 2, in-room premium coffee, daily 1-piece laundry, 1-time welcome drink and daily cake & beverage (choose from menu) in the coffeehouse, a welcome gift and Club access.

Why did i give a 3* rating for my stay? The property itself deserves fully 5*, but i rate my stay experience 2*.

Really there’s nothing to fault the property. My partner loved the entrance revolving door which so far we had only seen in 5-star hotels. It’s relatively new, so condition is spick and span. The ambience throughout is quite nice and one could get a good feel like being in a 5-star property. The Club on the 21F has a stately atmosphere and great view of the iconic Seoul N Tower. The room size by Seoul standard is quite good. The king-size bed is firm and very comfortable. The website says they have a pillow menu but I didnt have the need for it. WiFi connectivity is good and fast. The big LCD TV offered a wide selection of channels. All the amenities one would expect at a 4-star hotel are there. The bathroom was equipped with full set of bath amenities which were replenished daily. The shower and taps water temperature & pressure was consistently good. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant had a very good spread and live egg station. At the Club continental breakfast was served and as normal choices are limited. We did have the option to dine at either place. I would say that the property exceeds its 4-star rating. Perhaps 5-star but without a swimming pool.

Why made me not too thrilled with the stay?
I arrived Incheon early morning after the airport shuttle scheduled time. So proceed to Seoul Station on AREX to catch the station shuttle bus. (Personally it was more convenient for me as I wanted to limit my walk dragging 2 large suitcases.) I almost missed the shuttle. The minibus with the RHS livery was in the parking lot all the while before the scheduled departure time. The driver drove up to the assigned waiting spot, took a glance at us (there were only 2 of us) and before i could react he drove off. I chased after him and luckily he did stop for us. He came out and I told him we were going to RHS. He then demanded proof that we were RHS guests. I would not say that he was rude but his manners were curt.

We could not do the check-in but were allowed to leave our suitcases at the Concierge. It was 10:30am. The 3-staff Concierge was especially busy with guests streaming into the lobby to deposit their bags, but the 4-staff Front Desk was relatively unoccupied having only to handle occasionally guests checking out. Made me wonder why they couldn’t just do the check-in process and then we returned later to pick up the room key. (This was my experience with hotels in Bangkok, HongKong and China cities.) It was cold outside so i hanged around in the lobby for awhile using the WiFi to organise my emails. And as I observed the happenings in the lobby, I noticed the staff attitude towards different guests rather inconsistent. So much so that i thought they were actually selective, if you catch my drift. I did not have a good vibe being there so I spent the next 3 hours at the Starbucks opposite the hotel.

At check-in time, joined a line and when my turn came, was told to bring my bags with me to do the check-in at the Club on the 21F. Here the management ought to take note for improvement which is my objective for writing this review. An prior email to prompt me of this privilege would have save me some hassle. And if had allowed the early check-in (just the registration) and let me rest in the Club it would be excellent. And also save me the hassle trudging with my suitcases up to the 21F and then to my room. Could not arrange for my bags sent from Concierge to my room after check-in? And on the subject of email, I sent an email to reservations to seek clarification of the airport shuttle schedule which was ignored. Subsequently i posted the enquiry in the website then the reply came.

On one occasion i was waiting for the lift with 2 staff in suits who appeared obviously to be RHS managers. We exchanged glances, yet they just displayed a nonchalant attitude. Not a greeting or just a smile for a guest your hotel?

Throughout my short 3-night stay i felt an air of snobbery among the staff. The only greetings i got are from the humble housekeeping staff i met at the rooms corridor and the servers at breakfast. But there were 2 saving grace. One was a young female Concierge staff whom i approached to asked about the free shuttle to Seoul N Tower. Knowing that the bus was already scheduled to depart she personally ushered us out to catch the bus. When i realised that we were the only 2 passengers i didn’t want to be bothersome and suggested making the 20-minute walk there instead. But she was so persistent that I use the shuttle, repeatedly assuring me that it was the hotel service which I was entitled to use. The other was the male service staff at the coffeehouse where we had our daily cake & beverage. Seem like he was the only staff then (before noon, April 16-18). Very friendly gentleman who could remember our preferred beverages after the first day order. Regretfully I did not get either of their names because my poor eyesight couldnt read their name tags. The concierge girl spoke good English.

And by the way, another good reason I choose this hotel over the nearby Lotte - I smoke, and this hotel has room that allow smoking.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank guangshan
RoyalHotelSeoul, 매니저 at Royal Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear, guangshan

Firstly, thank you for choosing Royal Hotel Seoul as your accommodation during your holiday in Seoul.

And, We are so sorry that you felt uncomfortable while staying with us due to some of issues.
We do take your comments seriously, and I shared your comments with our team.
Also we will retraining our all of the staff.
Should you like to discuss your comments further, please feel free to contact us.

If you revisit our hotel, please inform us ahead of time,
we will strive to provide the most comfortable stay to you.

Once again, we apologize for some issues that made your stay uncomfortable.
And we will promise you to improve on the quality of our service so that you would find our hotel worth to stay.

Thank you all again for your comments.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is right at the start of the street shopping craziness of Myeongdong. So easy to bring your bags of shopping back to your room to go out for more. The hotel was built with 5 star aspirations but the location and current pricing is bringing tacky tourist like me feeling a bit underdressed when I walk in the lobby. We had the standard king room which was small but very clean and nicely appointed. Nice bar set up with wine glasses and free coffee and tea. The wash let toilet was wonderful. The housekeeper on the 12th floor was amazing. So friendly and helpful. I wish I got her name. Late check out at 2:00 pm cost me an extra $22 but was worth it. Free shuttle to the airport. Highly recommend for the price we paid.

Side note: we arrived at the airport just before midnight and most of the trains and busses were stopped. We took the international taxi for $65 door to door. Great service from our driver Mr. Jin.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
RoyalHotelSeoul, 매니저 at Royal Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear, QuagmireSan

Thank you for choosing Seoul Royal Hotel and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with location and clean hotel.

Your detailed feedback will push us to be Royal Hotel Seoul, also we will continue to strive to provide the most comfortable stay to our guests.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

From the Incheon airport, take shuttle bus 6015 (cost KRW $15,000) and it will take you to the main street (Eulji-ro), once off the bus, just walk east (continue with the direction where the bus travels) to the first small street, turn right to walk up hill and turn right again at the end of the road and the hotel is at your right hand side.

The hotel is very similar to hotels in Japan. Small room, but clean and comfortable. There is also an umbrella in the closet for rainy days.
The toilet has bidet and automatically flushes. With jet-lag, I was looking for the flush button and pressed the "Emergency" button by mistake. 15 seconds later, the front desk called to make sure that everything was ok :)

I got a Myeondong map from the front desk and it has pretty much all the key points of the area.

Day 1: I walked east from the hotel to Kwangjang market (~30 min) and Dongdaemun though the alley with many restaurants selling the special chicken soup. I ate at the one with less people waiting and it was not too bad, though cost KRW $22,000! There is a restaurant next to it selling dog meat soup :(
I did not visit Jongmyo shrine, but you should add it since it is in the same area.

Day 2: I walked north through Insa dong to Bukchon village (~ 40 min.), to Gwanghwamun and then back.
I also recommend visiting Myeongdong Cathedral, which is just southeast of the hotel two minutes walking distance.

There are two restaurants that I highly recommended, once is the Sinseon Seolleongtang (milky bone soup), which is across the street from the hotel to the right.

Another one is Myeongdong Kyoja, which is famous for their dumplings and noodles.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear, cho90501

hank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us.
We are happy to know that your stay here was enjoyable with the various markets and entertaining experiences nearby.

Our location being in a heart of Myeong-dong walking distance to shopping malls and next to the subway station has been an attractive factor for our guests and we are happy to learn that this has assisted you as well.

We will try to do our best to provide you honest and make a high quality service every time.
and we will shared your reviews with our all of staff.