1,623 results
All reviews city hall premier suite separate building touch screen the club lounge building next door control panel central location underground walkway walking distance high tech excellent hotel modern rooms deoksugung palace nespresso machine lotte department store tourist attractions
Reviewed 20 May 2015

This wonderful hotel is ideally located for those wishing to visit all historical and shopping sites in Seoul.
The hotel is right across the city hall and has all metro and other connections you would like to have.
It has a large, modern lobby and modern rooms. Our room ( we had an upgrade) was spacious, bright and well equipped. The bathroom is modern, good shower and all necessary amenities.
It is very clean, well maintained and quiet. Restaurants are somewhat pricy but offer excellent quality.
We also made use of the club floor, which is very nice for having a drink in the afternoon or a quiet breakfast. To us, a very good experience. Staff in this hotel is very professional, friendly and very helpful. We can only highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a corner room for more space and a better view !
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA Seoul, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Dear Traveller123Brussels,

Warm greeting from THE PLAZA, Seoul.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review regarding your stay at THE PLAZA, Seoul. I am very glad that you had wonderful stay with us!

I am very happy to hear that you had a true 'THE PLAZA' experience; great service level, location, restaurants, and room facilities. I wish you had great memory of Seoul too.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to THE PLAZA, Seoul in the near future!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

Service was exceptionally good - the staff really went out of their way to suggest things to do and how to get there. They would write out extensive notes in Korean for the taxi drivers with directions etc.

The room was modern and stylish - curtains and lights were all automated. Large tv. Bathroom contained a rain shower and futuristic toilet and really nice toiletries.

The gym was great. I think it is a gym that is used by members who are ordinary residents of Seoul. The hotel must have a deal with it allowing guests to attend for free. It is as well equipped as most western standalone gyms although the dumbell weights available were restricted at the 'medium' level - they were all extremely heavy or very light.

The location is convenient too.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends

Dear James G,

Greeting from THE PLAZA, Seoul!

Thank you very much for choosing THE PLAZA. It was a real pleasure for us to assist you during your stay!

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel’s facilities, service, and location. Your great comment is always the best motivator for us to continue to do our best to serve our guests.

I have noted your other comments regarding the weight of the dumbbell. We will be discussed for the further improvement. Thank you for your valuable feedback which gives us opportunities for improvement.

Again, thank you for choosing THE PLAZA and we hope to serve you in near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

We stayed in 2 twin room 686/670 , facing city hall which is great view of the city. Thanks the hotel to check us in early at 9am because of our early arrival flight. 2 connected rooms are convenient for our family , all work well in room especially universal wall sockets and USB wall port. Bathroom is great in every way. Location wise , i love it. Easy to access the busy myeongdong but not at the chaotic point of it. Convenient for its airport bus stop right at hotel / Everland shuttle bus stop at City hall. Hotel shuttle to 3 palaces are very thoughtful too. What i love most is their concierge-- use this service with 3-4 personnels during my stay , all are great - attentive , informative , prompt service.
All in all , it is a great hotel for its price , made our first trip in Seoul perfect

Stayed: May 2015

Dear Guest,

Greeting from THE PLAZA, Seoul!

Thank you very much for choosing THE PLAZA during your first visit to Seoul. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

We are especially delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and also you enjoyed our room facilities, service, as well as location and transportation. Your positive feedback is a huge motivation for all of us.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to THE PLAZA, Seoul in the near future!

Reviewed 14 May 2015

Awesome location as it was truly centralized. Accessible to underground shops, choices of exits to retails & malls. Great place to shop for souvenirs are mainly Insadong, Myeong-dong & Dongdaemun. Insadong offers local souvenirs, tea selections & hanbok traditional wear. Whereas Myeong-dong offers lots of facial stuff & fashion. Please note that bargain is minimal and prices are pricey for us who are used to Thailand, Indonesia & Malaysia "bargains". But rest assure the products are better in quality.
Local food such as bibimbap and their BBQ chicken are recommended @ Namdaemon. Seoul N Tower is walking distance from The Plaza Hotel with the support of great weather (cool climate) and shops to patronize. Lotte Duty Free may not offer the best in price, so please check your list before purchasing.
Overall experience, I'd say, " Amazing " and will be back again !!!!!

Room Tip: Go for the super deluxe. Rooms are definitely bigger with a living room area. Slightly more pricey but it's worth it, trust me if you're looking for comfort & a good bathroom size to relax your tired body after a long day's walk or work.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear CarolynLin,

Greeting from THE PLAZA, Seoul,

First of all, thank you very much for choosing THE PLAZA. It was a real pleasure for us to assist you during your stay!

As you mentioned on the review the location of hotel is one of our strengths. The most famous shopping areas, Myungdong, Namdaemun, and some duty free shops are in walking distance.

We are very delighted to know that your overall experience was “Amazing”. Your great comment is always the best motivator for us to continue to do our best to serve our guests.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

I was pretty excited to stay at this hotel - in description it sounds great, but i was pretty much let down.

Location: Right in front of Seoul Plaza (which hosts many public gatherings/events). I'm ok with this, cos I find that it adds to the cultural experience, but for some other travellers, it might be a bit too noisy at times. There's a even a notice in the room explaining this situation, so I'm guessing there have been complaints by guests. It's also located near a subway exit, but it's a good 5-10 minutes walk from the exit via the underground passage before you actually get to the subway. You can also walk to Myeongdong (Euljiro-1 ga) via the underground passage, but note that it's closed after a certain time at night, so you'll need to navigate via the street levels. There are some food stores and eateries nearby (5 minutes' walk, gotta cross a street) - along with the convenience stores. It is centrally located, but for a strange reason, it's hard to hail a taxi because of its location.

Service: Immaculate - I have no issues about this. They were attentive in both housekeeping and front desk, and also allowed for a late check out of 2pm. All my directional queries were well-answered in fluent English by the staff, and they were also considerate enough to inform me that there was an airport bus stopping directly at the airport (I was planning to walk to the nearest airport bus bus stop located about 5 minutes' away).

Room: Mostly clean, but I got a small rash when I knelt down on the carpet to unpack my luggage. Otherwise, everything was well cleaned i.e. toilets, sink, bedroom, desk tops etc. Curtains and lights were controlled by a touch panel by the bed. Very useful. I understand that the hotel was probably trying to be more stylish, but with the queen-sized bed placed right in the middle of the room, it became more cumbersome. I had to walk around the bed just to get to my stuff by the window, and I had to place my luggage by the side of the toilet door. It's just not very user-friendly, especially when I'm rushing for time. What's more, the entrance light was timed (I'm guessing about 3-5 minutes) before it automatically switches off, and it's REALLY irritating, because the entrance light is my only source of lighting when packing my luggage - the rest of the light is blocked out by the bed frame.

Bathroom and toiletries: Note that it does NOT come with a complimentary toothbrush - it's available in the room for KRW6,000 ish. I'm a little disappointed by this - I'd though toothbrushes were basic amenities provided, especially for a 5-star hotel. I brought my own toothbrush though. My colleagues had to walk over to the nearest convenience store to buy one that wasn't so marked up. In-room toiletries were from Molton Brown. There was a bidet toilet with full functionalities. Another point that disappointed - there was a hairdryer provided, but there was no power point in the toilet. This is silly - there was a nice wide basin top with good lighting and a mirror, but I had to bring the hairdryer out to the desk by the window to dry my hair.

Power points were also scarce - two were taken up by the giant light lampstands (which were again presumably placed there for design aesthetics), but this just became more cumbersome as I had to navigate my way (crab-walk at times) to avoid tripping over them. The remaining power points were at the desk by the window (2-3 at max there), which sometimes didn't work.

Overall, at a rate of about USD$220++ per night, I'm not particularly impressed. I would rather stay at other hotels for this price.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business