2,798 results
All reviews ice rink paris grill outdoor pool han river namsan mountain lobby lounge club level city view itaewon area beautiful hotel restaurants and bars free shuttle luxury hotel shuttle service business hotel business trip breakfast buffet
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel holds a great position atop a leafy hill above the popular suburb of Itaewon.
I visited the Grand Hyatt last year as a casual guest for drinks and snacks in the lobby lounge and felt it had all the hallmarks of a hotel worthy of the title Grand. So when I was looking for a hotel for four nights this year I considered no other hotel. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework.
While the approach and entrance is impressive, there is no happy meet and greet to speak of. The check in process was fine and I have no complaints in this area.

The first impression of the 'premium' room was that it was very dated, small and unwelcoming if not disappointing. There is no bathtub and there is a step up of around 100mm (4 inches) into the bathroom which would be a difficulty for a disabled person. I tripped on this several times and I'm able bodied. No accessible power points in the bathroom that I could find.
No effective air conditioning! But there is some sort of hum going on. Certainly there are no controls on the wall or a remote.
The housekeeping is fine and the room is clean.
But the worst thing by far is the complete lack of sound insulation. Sounds such as normal level conversations, loud foot traffic and kids screaming and running in the passageways to intimate groans and expressions of accomplishment and delight from the bedhead next door. I kid you not, this is a shocker even if it was a 3 star hotel you wouldn't expect this. It's not even muffled you can hear the conversation .... and therefore they can hear yours!
Others obviously have had a different experience here but unlike the very pleasurable three nights I have just spent at the Park Hyatt in Busan I will never return to the Hyatt in Seoul, ever !

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tickitoff
Grand_Hyatt_Seoul, Guest Experience Expert at Grand Hyatt Seoul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Dear Guest,

We thank you for leaving comments about your visit to Grand Hyatt Seoul.

Firstly, we truly apologize for your unfortunate room experience. Our rooms are in a constant state of refreshment, and we are now addressing the items you mentioned in your review. We apologize that the room you were assigned did not reflect our most recent upgrades. We would have gladly changed your room had we been notified of during your stay.

Again, please accept our apologies and we hope that we may have the opportunity to regain your trust in a future visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

The view is amazing. The hotel is in a great location in itaewon near many nice restaurant and bars. The club Olympus recreation center are also great. Indoor & outdoor pools. The hotel's complimentary shuttle bus travel to Itaewon and Myeong Dong Area.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo

We thank you for leaving comments about your experience at Grand Hyatt Seoul.
It was truly pleasant to hear of your experience at our Club Olympus.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Seoul.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel has it all. Nice rooms with a fantastic view of the city. Fantastic live music/entertainment at night that draws local people. The best breakfast in Seoul with anything and everything you would desire to eat. Multi-jack outlets in the rooms so travelers can leave their jack adapters in their luggage. Very attentive staff. Great stay. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Grand Hyatt Seoul and for sharing your comments and thoughts.
It was a pleasure to read your comments as you seemed to have had a satisfying stay and especially enjoyed our fantastic live music and entertainment.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I come in Korea once a year and always choose this hotel as it's a magical one. The view, the people, the swimming pool, the amazing breakfasts all is so nice. I really love this hotel and always have beautiful moment. This hotel participates to my love for Korea.

Trip type: Travelled on business

We thank you for leaving comments about your experience at Grand Hyatt Seoul.
It was truly a pleasure to read your comments and hear that you enjoyed the views, swimming pool, and our service.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Seoul.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

It is a great place for business visitor, check in was a breeze - took me about 5 Mts. Terrace at Lobby level is great for quick bite though staff can be a little more friendly (it was Monday evening!). Rooms ample space and the staff remembers choice of newspaper - small things which matter. Room service dining menu can do with some refresh but nevertheless Namsan Hyatt is great place to be at.

Trip type: Travelled on business

We thank you for leaving comments about your experience at Grand Hyatt Seoul.

We hope we met your needs and expectations and look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Seoul.