All reviews fraser suites bedroom apartment washer dryer full kitchen insadong area swimming pool coffee shop steam room rice cooker excellent location extra space walking distance great facilities breakfast included korean restaurant south korea subway station
Reviewed 9 January 2018

When a friend heard that we were planning to visit Seoul in December 2017, he recommended these suites. He said: "Check-in, relax, and enjoy plenty of room to explore a free-and-easy winter lifestyle in Insadong."

Orakai Insadong Suites is not a typical hotel.

We stayed here over Christmas 2017, and checked in again for New Year 2018. We lived in clean and well-equipped studio suites with roomy lounges, kitchenettes and washing machines. We enjoyed the in-house gym, sauna and a swimming pool. There was a 24-hour convenient store across the street... where we met "Aji" a furry, four-legged friend.

We explored the low-key Insadong shopping areas, as well as a maze of back alleys with delicious dining options. We walked to Gyeongbokgung, Cheonggyecheon, Jogeyesa Temple and Myeongdong. A MRT station was nearby whenever we took a fancy to venture further away.

As and when we needed directions/assistance, we consulted the front desk team. They were few, but efficient. All of them spoke English... and they provided good advice and prompt service, often with warm smiles.

Our friend who recommended Orakai will soon receive a nice little gift from Insadong... because his "sales pitch" was spot-on.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ahhin99
Jason Y, 세일즈 디렉터 at Orakai Insadong Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thank you for your kind remarks, at ORAKAI INSADONG SUITES we strive to provide the best possible service and facilities, in this sense we are pleased to know we have made your stay memorable.

We thank you for staying at ORAKAI INSADONG SUITES and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

First of all, I must admit that this hotel is what it is because of its GM Felipe Lagos, he is a truly gentleman that always seeks the best for the guests. Always around to help and point us to the right direction in case we need any advise given his long time living in Seoul. Then the staff, always willing to help to make the experience even more pleasant. Then the apartments. Fully renovated with taste to make it more confortable. Fast internet and great facilities to trully feel at home. I had one of the best sleeps in ages. Usually because of work I cant sleep much but this time I slept throughout the night. Thanks Orakai.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite that was renovated since our last visit. It was very nice but the layout was very strange. The old version had a vanity w/ mirror for my wife. This one did not. My wife had to use the desk in the living room and open one of the mirrored closet doors to do her makeup/hair. The old version had closet space to store our suitcases. The only place that might have been used to store luggage was some space above the closets in the bedroom. These were about 7 feet above the floor and required a ladder to access them. This unit had lots of shallow shelf space (books or shoes?). I counted 48 of them. On the other hand, the kitchen was very nice and had everything that we needed. The living room was comfortable with a large TV (55 inches). A nice touch in the bathroom was a bidet type toilet seat.

Room tip: The hotel wifi is fast but is not secure. Hook up your own router to the wired internet connection.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jsdad2014
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We used to come to Orakai, when it was still Fraser suite. Being in Insadong and having the space of a 3 bedroom appartement, it is very convenient with our 3 children. But today I want to underline how helpful the receptionist was and thank the whole team: we went to ToysRus in Jamsil, bought toys, had a rest on a bench in front of Loteria before taking a cab back to the hotel, when I realized I had forgotten my bag full of toys on the bench. I asked Miss Grace, the receptionist, if she could call the Loteria there to check whether the bag was still there. There happens to be 14 Loteria in the neighborhood, and the one I described didn't have benches in front of it. Without my asking, Miss Grace went on calling the Loterias in the neighborhood one by one until she located the bag, asked the staff to send a picture of it to confirm it was the right one and had it delivered to the hotel. My child who had dozed off in the taxi got his toys back just after his nap. Isn't that amazing? Thank you again

2  Thank Sabine P
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Orakai Insadong Suites has an awesome pool. The pool area has a hot tub and a swimming pool and by swimming pool I mean a lap pool. If you have young kids then there is a kid pool next to the actual pool. This hotel is also in a great location and if your kids are looking for ice cream there is ice cream down the street. I ate ice cream everyday! The ice cream is Turkish and the two people that are running it are very nice and do tricks for the kids. I am a 13 year old kid and this hotel was one of the best ones I have stayed.

Trip type: Travelled with family