“Excellent value and uniquely great service.”

Come Inn Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 948 Seoul B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“Excellent value and uniquely great service.”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at Come Inn for five days in April 2012. The room (private room on the first floor) was pretty basic and rather clean. Like another reviewer wrote, I would probably go for the twin room upstairs instead next time, as it is more quiet. The common area on the other hand is very comfortable, much like a living room, and there were almost always people hanging out there. Showers and bathrooms are clean and shampoo and shower lotion are provided.

The location near Hongik University is central and great wether you want to check out the active night life (we did not) or explore the city.

The most valuable asset of Come Inn hostel has to be the manager Justin though. He is extremely friendly and helpful, helped us competently in planning our further trip ahead, and is just an all around good person.

Come Inn is an ideal budget accommodation and we will happily visit again.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Qualtinger
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in Feb and had an amazing time in Seoul. However our stay at Come Inn was marred due to the fact that we had money stolen from our room.

We booked a double room which was failry small but had everything that we needed. There was a sink in the room and the toilet was right next to our room along with the reception and living area. This was quite noisy at times. If I'd have known the double room was right next to reception then I would have tried to book the twin room that was on the first floor.

Our door had a punch key pad with code and we therefore thought our belongings would be safe. The main door into the guesthouse also has a keypad however the code is written on the back of the door so anyone could probably enter.

In the 5 days that we were there our bedding was never changed so were therefore assumed no one had been in our room. We then left Seoul and headed to Bangkok. On arriving we realisd that we had a substantial amount of money stolen $300 and 4600 thai baht. We had hidden the money in our laptop case behind some documents. We'd had no need for this money in Seoul so hadn't noticed it was missing previoulsy. We would normally put the laptop in our rucksack and lock it but there was one day that we were rushing and so we hid the laptop in it's case under a pile of our clothes. For someone to have found the money and take it they would have had to have gone through all our clothes and been in our room for a considerable amount of time. As our room was next to the reception area there was usually always a member of staff or a guest there during the day and the night. The code to our door was very simple but who would have the guts to try a code and then go into our room when we could come back anytime?

I received an email from Justin asking me if I'd have a safe journey and thanking me for staying with them. I replied straight away and explained about the money. After 2 days there was still no response. I then emailed the main email address and Jimmy came straight back to me. He mentioned that they had discussed security previously and that he'd mentioned it to Justin. He didn't believe that it was his staff but who else had easy access to our room with no questions asked and knew the code? He apologised for our loss and offered $100 compensation which we accepted and appreciated. Apart from our money stolen Come Inn was an okay hostel. I would definitely visit Seoul as it's a great city although I would stay at another establishment.

Room Tip: If you want a private room ask for a twin room which is on the first floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dalymelissa
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I recently stayed there for 4 nights. The location was great, near to shops, restaurants, and public transport. When booking, my emails and questions were meet with a timely response. The guys working ( sorry I can't remember his name) was super friendly, and kept the place very clean and tidy. I would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Stayed in the 8 person dorm in Feb...there were only 3 of us in there.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Joanne H
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed here for just 1 night and didn't want to leave. Tom was awesome. He was so warm and welcoming. We stayed up (too late) talking and having a few drinks. He showed us to this local Korean restaurant. They didn't speak english so he came with us. The food was a amazing. We didn't see much of Seoul but will definitely come back and stay at the Come Inn Guesthouse. It's very close to the restaurants and bars. Tom has a little friend - Jerry who is just awesome.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jessica S
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed here on 24-29 Dec 2011 with my 2 sisters. We stayed in the triple room for 3 nights and the double room for 2 nights. Actually, I only booked for 3 nights here and decided to extend since their service and facilities were very good.

The location is great if you're looking for places to hang out even until midnight (maybe even dawn since I saw people queuing to go clubbing at some point). Many cafes and restaurants there (fast food -lotteria is open 24 hours- , korean food, snacks like meatballs on stick and taiyaki-like snacks). It is located near the subway station between Hongik Station (line 2-green line) and Sangsu Station (line 6 - brown line). But it's best to stick to their direction. I got to Sangsu because I misread the direction, but really, it's not far if you somehow end up in Sangsu for some reason and want to find the place.

Like Jana C mentioned, it is located in an alley. It's on your right-hand side. I think the placard could be bigger. If you take taxi, the taxi driver can find the place on his GPS so he should drop you at the front door (it costs around 6,000 - 7,000 Won from Seoul Station. We went there at around 3pm).

And I feel I should mention that it is located on the 2nd floor and the stairs are narrow. So, if you bring heavy luggage with you, might as well train your biceps. :D My sisters did bring heavy luggage with them but Justin kindly brought the luggage for them. *Thanks again, Justin!!* He even waited up for us while he had had to be someplace else since we didn't tell him what time we would arrive at Come Inn. *Mian...*

Our rooms were very clean and comfy. There's a hairdryer and face towel in each room.
The triple and double room are located on the 3rd floor. Again.. Strong biceps required!! :p The rooms are across each other, so please be considerate not to make loud noises after midnight.

There's 1 bathroom with toilet and 2 other bathrooms on the 3rd floor, so we never had to queue. There's a washing machine + detergent also and it's free to use (from 8am to 10pm, if I'm not mistaken). You can hang your clothes outside or use the dryer in the 2nd floor (5,000 - 10,000 Won). The dryer is in the kitchen so I was kinda embarrassed to take out my personal laundry while some people were having breakfast.

It was -11 Celsius degrees out but the ondol (korean traditional heater system) worked very nicely. No bedbugs!! I thought the towel would be a lot bigger. It was face towel. As mentioned, shampoo, soap and toothpaste are free to use.

The kitchen was very clean. Justin keeps it that way every morning. Free breakfast was 3 toasts and 1 egg. Coffee and tea are free to drink. The honey jam was good... Don't forget to wash your dishes. Oh, I should probably mention this. The kitchen is locked at midnight, so it's a good idea to take a bottle of water to your room before then.

I had the chance to go out and have dinner with Justin and some other guests. I had fun!! They were crazy!! :))

I totally recommend this place if you're staying in Seoul.

Room Tip: The terrace is on the 3rd floor side by side with the triple room. So, you can hear people talking f...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends