All reviews moon bar oasis pool dining lounge true luxury experience hot tub in the room big pool shilla hotel adjust the temperature namsan mountain service staff are lovely room the ritz korean restaurant upgraded room breakfast buffet is facilities sevices
Reviewed 23 September 2015

I had such a high expectation when I planning to stay at Banyan tree hotel. Although the price was steep, I read so many good things about the hotel in the magazine, I was overwhelmed by what this hotel offers. However, my expectation turned into disappointment as soon as I checked in. The lady working at the hotel was very unkind. food here was also mediocre. dont get me wrong. The view and the hotel room was exquisite. However, I would not recommend spending more than 500$ for such an unpleasant service and food that this place offers.

Room Tip: room has a great view
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Kelly L, Banyan Tree at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Dear Guest,

We deeply regret and apologize for service quality you have experienced.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

your hotel is very famous about high-quality & premium service.

but my experience is different.

some electric product is broken, room furniture is old and broken

and some employees are very unkindness.

Room Tip: some electric appliance had not perfect condition
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Banyan Tree
Kelly L, Banyan Tree at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Thank you for your precious time for reviewing Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul.

We regret and apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced while you are staying with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

We stayed for one night in premier suite in September in 2015.

pros:

1. The view from the room was great. I liked the idea of sauna just by the big window looking down at Namsan mt. Also, pool in the room was lovely.

2. We weren't sure which suite to book between Deluxe suite or Premier one. We asked front desk if we could see the two suites and they showed us, which was very kind. We booked Premier as it was more spacious.

cons:

1. There was a little box of match to burn incense by the pool. I dropped the match in the pool that I rang, asked to send another match up to our room. They didn't bring us for a couple of hours. We just didn't bother anymore. We had a shower, and when we walked out, found match box just near the door. Somebody brought the match inside our suite without asking us to come in. I don't think they should come in to guests' room without their permission. That wasn't very professional.

2. Tea selection could be better. There was only English breakfast/mint tea. No hot chocolate or green tea. But there were plenty of capsule coffee.

3. If you don't bring your own car, you need to ask for taxi and wait. There's no taxi queue in front of hotel.

4. Breakfast was lovely. But here's another unprofessional thing: when we sat and brought the first plate of meal from buffet, a staff gave us receipt to sing up. Come on, we didn't even start our meal!!

It's lovely place to stay. But I'm not sure if we'll go back. We may or we may not.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly L, Banyan Tree at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thank you for your precious time for reviewing Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul.

Hope we could assist you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

The service is generally ok. Banyan tree gym & spa & facilities are very nice. Room condition was great and nice green view. quiet place but far from airport and a bit unconvinient to go downtown. Overall very nice.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly L, Manager at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Thank you for your precious time for reviewing Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul.

It is the great pleasant to hear that you had great time staying with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

My first time in Seoul & I stayed for two nights in the Banyan Tree. It is about 1 hour from Incheon Airport.

The service is generally excellent, with a wonderful breakfast served- the Korean beef soup served pipping hot was a standout, as was the Korean porridge.

The hotel has nice grounds & I have recommended it to my friends to bring their family.

I had a club suite and loved the sauna in the suite - so relaxing to relax in your own sauna after a day out. I was also very impressed by the indoor pool and the lager and spanking clean gymnasium. Staff at the gym was attentive throughout.Just one small peeve - as I was checking out -there was a lady at reception( I was staying at the Club Tower not the main building) who could not speak and understand sufficient English to check me out. However, another colleague of hers promptly assisted me and the service was as efficient and seamless as it was throughout my stay.
Overall, I had a wonderful stay at the Banyan Tree and have been recommending it to my friends.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Kelly L, Hotel at Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Thank you for your precious time for reviewing Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul.

It is the great pleasant to hear that you had great time staying with us.

Hope we could assist you again soon!