1,225 results
All reviews gongdeok station swimming pool airport train rain shower business trip coin laundry excellent hotel coffee shop decent size i highly recommend this hotel comfortable hotel breakfast buffet tourist attractions single bed convenient location stayed for nights seoul station
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed at Lotte Mapo for a total of 5 nights over 2 different periods. Was kindly given a larger room on a higher non-smoking floor during the second stay period. Do not expect frills like a door man etc, but the hotel is adequate as a base for touring Seoul. As mentioned in other posts, the hotel sits atop 2 subway lines (Lines 5 and 6, Exit 2 for hotel). Subway line 5 is very useful for getting to Gwanghwamun (right in front of Gyeongbuk Palace) in 20mins or so, and subway line 6 to Myeongdong in abt the same time, but involving 1 transfer at Samgakji Station. Having a Lotte Supermart and a number of small cafes in the complex itself is useful. There are more cafes across the road. If you want a wider selection of groceries, use Exit 7 of the subway station and walk just 50m ahead to reach a sizeable E-mart. Housed within that complex is a Starbucks and a neat foodcourt. If you have loads of luggage, do consider using the Limo bus service instead of AREX as the subway system lacks lifts (and the escalators may not be operational at all times).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank kohal
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Happy new year!

Thank you for staying with us and sparing precious time for us.
Your detailed review on Tripadvisor will be very helpful to other travelers.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments.

Have a great day!

James, Suh.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed here as it has been one of the standard hotel our employees stay at in Seoul, mostly due to location in the city. Good front desk service, rooms are nicely appointed if a bit small. Good supermarket downstairs along with a variety of restaurants.
Only complaint was that breakfast ended at 10am on Saturday, much too early for Western standards. I showed up at 10:10 and 2 other guest came behind me looking for breakfast, but nothing was available as they were switching the buffet to lunch. 10am during the week is fine, but not on weekends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank junkbuzz

Happy new year!

Thank you for your advice posted on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you had a pleasure stay with us.
Also we will discuss about your valuable advice for restaurant operation time on weekend.
Once again, I appreciate for your patronage of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to LOTTE City Hotel Mapo in the near future.

Thank you very much.

James, Suh.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

I never actually bother writing reviews for places/hotels, but I think this hotel deserves it.This is actually the second time I have stayed at Lotte Mapo. The first was actually the result of a lucky misfortune. We were originally going to stay in Intercontinental but only could stay there for the first few nights as it was fully booked out. In the end we all agreed it had worked in our favour because we all preferred Mapo Lotte.

The convenience of having a bakery, supermarket, cafe and restaurants in the one building mean that for those days you cannot be bothered venturing out you will always be spoilt for choice. The gym was clean and well maintained (extra points for providing shoes and workput clothes!). The hotel provides free shuttle buses to majority of all the popular shopping districts and if you happen to miss that there is always the subway that is VERY conveniently located under the hotel. Maybe its just my friends and I but there was a lot of walking to be done in the transfers between subway lines and after a long day on your feet sightseeing, shopping, eating,etc this location is a lifesaver (especially if you have bags of shopping to carry around... like i had).

The staff were always so helpful on both times I stayed with them and always genuinely willing to help. Let me share with you my unfortunate incident. I being the careless traveller I am misplaced my passport one night out and was frantically freaking out (I was leaving the very next day). It got complicated but all I can say is thank god for the lovely staff at Lotte City Hotel Mapo (and the very honest taxi driver that left all my money in my wallet.. I hope the good karma comes back to him)! They were patient and more willing to help than the Korean police, which is saying something.

On the last day I asked them where I could post something to a friend that lived in Korea and they apologised as the lady that handled that in one of the stores was sick. I wasn't fussed when they gave me directions to a nearby post office and planned to mail it there. However when I was checking out the lady at the desk noticed that her colleague had written that I wanted to have something posted out. She offered to arrange the delivery if we left her our credit card details. The next morning I got a message from my friend to say it was delivered and bubble-wrapped (It was biscuits so I was concerned that they would get crushed).

I loved visiting South Korea and will definitely be back... and definitely staying at Lotte City Hotel Mapo again.

Thank you again so much for your wonderful service!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 722ONGL12
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Hello!
This is James,Suh who is a GM of LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.
Thank you very much for staying with us, and your fantastic review posted on Tripadvisor which is most appreciated.
I heard that you got a big problem during stay with us, I know how hard it was.
But I was so happy to hear our staffs were helpful and you finally got your passport back!
I think helping our guest is our job and we always care for our guest as a matter of course.
We think Your happiness is also our happiness.
Please come and let us serve you again^^
Thank you very much.

James,Suh

Reviewed 9 December 2012

The Hotel is located conveniently over the underground station of Gongdeok, and over a small shopping and dining mall. The architecture is interesting and dictates rooms in a strange geometrical shape. Only flaw, if you are staying for a couple of days, is that the rooms are not too spacious. Big plus for the overhead shower, with excellent water pressure, positioned right outside of the bathing tub. Nice small swimming pool on the 4th floor

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear.Mirco P

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.
We were pleased to read that you had a pleasure stay with us.
Also thank you for taking your valuable time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
It will be great if we have a chance to serve you again!

Have a great day and look forward to seeing you!

James, Suh

Reviewed 29 November 2012

This is just a hotel that meets your expectations. Easy to get to, helpful staff, comfortable rooms. The wifi works. Everything in the bathroom works. As a business traveller, you just want a hotel that doesn't bother you, and this achieves that. It's right over a metro station, so it's easy to find (though not in the most happening part of town). It's not cheap, but among the most reasonable in downtown Seoul. I stayed two nights, and have no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Katzistan

Dear. Katzistan

Thank you for stay with Lotte city hotel mapo.
We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel.
I'm sure that your review is absolutely helpful to other travelers.
Once again, thank you for spending your precious time to write a valuable review.

Have a great day!