1,231 results
All reviews gongdeok station swimming pool airport train rain shower business trip coin laundry excellent hotel coffee shop decent size i highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet tourist attractions single bed hotel room is stayed for nights convenient location seoul station
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at the Lotte City hotel Mapo for a week during our visit to Seoul.

Pros:

1) While the hotel is located outside of what is considered the major shopping and tourist areas of Seoul we found that it was still convenient to get around on the subway and easily accessible to Incheon and Gimpo airports on the airport train(Arex). We had looked at booking a room at a hotel in Myeongdong (one of the main shopping areas) and after walking around in Myeongdong we were glad we didnt! It would have been super noisy until very late at night! The area around Lotte City Hotel Mapo seemed to be dead at night, which is great for us because we wanted it quiet to sleep. However, if you're looking for a nightlife and want to be able to stumble into your room afterwards then this would not be the hotel for you.

2) Prices generally are lower than other hotels in Myeongdong or in more central area of Seoul.

3) there is a Lotte supermarket in the basement and a Paris Baguette bakery where we got breakfast and snacks.

4) The subway and Arex train station is right under the hotel, a plus for rainy days because we didn't have to walk outside and get wet at all!

5) The room itself is clean, modern, and very comparable to a good hotel in the U.S. it also had Free wifi that worked well until after 8am. You get free bottled water in your room, a mini fridge, and a safe.

6) coin operated laundry (actually you could use small bills too)! We were on a 2 week vacation so we needed to do some laundry before moving onto the second half. I don't know if other hotels in Seoul have a laundry room for guest use but we certainly appreciated it! The machines are commercial grade and worked very well.

Cons:

If I had to have a negative comment it would be that our room was an odd shape in the corner of the 8th floor(room 857) Because of that I think our room with a double bed was smaller than a regular double room (we might have gotten that room because we booked through hotels.com.) Nevertheless we were still happy with our room and the smaller size didn't bother us much since we only went back to the room to shower and sleep.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if:
1) you are looking for a quality and clean hotel that doesn't break the bank
2) you only plan on going back to the hotel to shower and sleep, and you don't need to stop in during the day in the middle of sightseeing
3) you plan on taking the subway around town (we never took a taxi so I don't know how much that would have cost)
4) you want easy and inexpensive transportation to the Incheon airport (both the Arex train and the limo bus are easy to get to and close to the hotel

Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Julia G
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo!

Thank you very much for your review posted on TripAdvisor, which is greatly appreciated.
We were extremely pleased to read that you had a pleasure stay us.
Also your reiveiw is perfect ! but there's one thing I want to tell you is that room 857 where you stayed is the best room in our hotel!
8 floor is the highest floor, also 57 lines has got the best view and there is bathroom with a big window so you can see outside in the bathtube.
We have 284 rooms, but there are only 30rooms for that kind of style, that's why a lot of guests ask to stay there~^^

Park.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed in the Lotte Mapo hotel for 5 nights with my wife in one of their deluxe rooms.

The location of this hotel has its pros and cons.
One the one side, it's easy to get to if you take a commuter train from the airport (not the AREX) and has internal connections to the main subway lines from the basement of the hotel.
However, the actual location of the hotel is in the more business district and not quite in the centre of town.
Personally, I think due to the ease of subway travel this doesn't make much of a difference and you'll need to go a few stops to most places in Seoul.

Room-wise, I found it about right for what I paid.
Could be bigger, but then again they had a nice big bed and enough space for storage.
Was on the 4th floor too which had a room with pay-per-use washer/dryers, and hence was convenient for us.

Hotel also had a nice pool as well which was free to use and my wife took advantage of that.

As well, in the lower basement floors, there was a very big supermarket and an assortment of restaurants and coffee places, so one need not go far for anything if one didn't wish.

I think my only gripe about this hotel is that it could be better signposted, as we did spend some time looking for it in the beginning after getting off the airport commuter train. Hard to know where to go unless you're outside.
Also, the area surround the hotel is a big dreary/dead, but this is not an issue relating to the hotel itself.

Will stay here again when next in Seoul!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vwh187

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo!

We were extremely pleased to read that you had a pleasure stay us, and we are now considered your preferred property in Seoul!
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed our lovely guestrooms and swimming pool!
Also I'm sure that your valuable review will be helpful to other travllers.

Park.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Hotel is fairly new. Bathroom is nice and big. Rain shower is a plus. There were 3 of us in the group. Booked a room with 1 double and 1 single bed - wonderful! There are restaurants and a small supermarket downstairs, very convenient. Location however is a little far from the city. Eventhough subway station is underneath the hotel, the lines are confusing. We took cab everywhere. Cabs are faster and fairly affordable. Overall the hotel exceeds my expectation and I will stay again if I return to S.K.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nininyajay-K
Lottecityhotel-mapo, Operations team Director at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Greetings to you!

Thank you for stay with Lotte city hotel mapo.

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I'm also happy to hear that you have a pleasure stay with us.
It will be great if we can have more chance to serve you!
Also, we'll help you when you need to take subway and you'll soon get used to it .^^
I appreciate you for your advice again.

Have a great day!

Stephen Song.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Good hotel to business visitor
Near Metro station and A'REX
Underground has a supermarket "Lotte Super" and some restaurants and a coffee shop
Near the hotel there are many banks and a post office

But, the room rate is a little expensive.
Room is not small !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CBLin
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Greetings to you!

Thank you for choosing LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.
I'm happy to hear that you have a pleasure stay with us.
Also I appreciate you for your valuable comments on the Tripadvisor.
It will be great if we can have more chance to serve you!
I appreciate you for your advice again.

Have a great day!

Rio

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Great location - Subway lines # 5 & 6 Also airport express rail from both Gimpo & Incheon airports under this hotel makes this a great hotel. Rooms nice, good indoor pool and gym. Hotel located @ subway station 626 on the # 6 line - jump on again and 4 stops away you are @ 630 Itaewon (Woodstock- for music) or head other way to 622 and transfer one stop on green line to # 239 and you are in the middle of great night life in the University district. Don't forget to go to Subway stop Auguk (328 # 3 line) to the art district and visit some art galleries - Kumho/Arario and the Art Sonje Center.

Room Tip: Airport rail to Gimpo airport 34 mins.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank airspeed_69
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.

Thank you for your valuable review posted on Tripadvisor which is most appreciated.
Also we are pleased that you have a pleasure stay with us!
I'm sure that your your detail review will be hlepful to other travllers.

Rio