Started off at the East Hotel across the street. For $50 you get what you pay for at the East Hotel so my wife and I decided to cross the street and try the Traders Hotel as we heard from a collegue that they have a Happy Hour with 1/2 price drinks between 4 and 7 at the lounge above the lobby. Well, after one visit we decided to change our reservation to the Trader's Hotel for our next business trip in a few days.
Huge rennovations taking place and the construction starts early. They are moving pretty quickly on the rennovation and during our three days between our first visit and our second a new construction wall appeared on the second floor.
Rooms are musty smelling, but are clean, well airconditioned and there is really, I mean really, hot water in the bathroom.
Breakfast buffet was amazing and huge with selections, or 'stations', of cultural breakfast items from all over the world. Great variety if one is willing to sample across cultures. Service was outstanding and I almost felt guilty having people carry my plate to the table for me. Yes, the breakfast room is in a temporary location right now during the construction but they try and make the windowless area as inviting as possible.
Place was a bit pricey, but I guess that's why the United Nations stays there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 22 story Hotel centrally located across from Bogyoke Market, in Yangon's business, cultural & shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Sule Shangri-La Yangon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Sule Shangri-La Yangon Myanmar