When the right light hits the Pagoda at a particular day (mine was 5:45PM) it was mesmerizing. You can see people stop what they are doing (even the ones in prayers) and pause for that brief moment to appreciate the beauty. It is a MUST visit if you are in Yangon.
Foreign Visitors are REQUIRED:
1. To pay the entrance fees at the respective counters and to ask for entrance tickets and stickers.
2. Please put the stickers on the jackets and shirts, so that the insperctors can see easily.
3. Entrance fees for ONE person is 10,000 Kyats and is valid for ONE visit only. Not for 24 hours.
4. Gentlemen are requested not to wear shortpants and sleeveless vests (Myanmar Jacket and Longyi wear can be borrowed from the Counters)
5. Ladies are requested not to wear short skirts and summer dress (Myanmar ladies wear can be borrowed from the counters)
6. Amateur cameras and video cameras are free from charge. You have to pay for a fee if you are bringing in professional camera and video cameras inside.
7. All kinds of footwear including SOCKS are strictly are prohibited on the premises.
There are 4 Pagodas inside the complex
There are 18 Buddhas inside the complex
There are 2 Bells inside the complex
Two showrooms in the complex, a Museum and a Photo Gallery
Dont forget to look for the Telescope to see the Tip of the Shwedagon Pagoda (telescope is on a platform located at the main entrance)
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.