“The most heart touching experience!”

Club Hippique Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 10 mins from Port Vila situated between panoramic hills and a blue water lagoon. We have over 600 acres of coconut plantations, rain forests, waterfalls and white sandy beaches to explore. With more than 50 horses and Ponies, we promise to find a horse that suites you.
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Me and my partner went over to vanuatu last month for a business trip and i was a follower, i am an experienced horse rider and i am studying to become a vet. I booked in for a 2 hour rainforest ride, and was absolutely breath taken by the condition of the horses, in a good way. i have travelled a lot in my life time and have been horse riding in many places, and seen the sadest things, and places with so many horses that they just can't afford to look after then or just don't have the time, but club hip pique horses were looking great, they had a bit of a skin condition( the scientific terms is ' Queensland itch') but it is caused by humidity and there is no real cure but they were dealing with it very well.

the swimming was amazing, all the horses needed was a little encouragement, they done it a million times before so i don't blame them for not wanting to do it again haha

as a vet in training i have seen many horses that have been neglect but theses horses were well brushed and looked after, they were all well trained and have been taught to only do what they've been taught( walk as it is a safety rule) but if you are disappointed cause you're a rider that is experienced you should let them know as they have great horses to offer you, ( i asked for a horse for experienced riders, and i recommend alana, she was a great pony)

the staff were shy but if you talk to them and ask questions they are very friendly and they will talk ( LOL )

i hope you can enjoy the trip as much as i did :)

5  Thank sahariaJen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

We did a 2 hour rainforest ride.. It was just us and our guides. Totally enjoyed every minute. Kids had a lesson a few days later and loved it. Very well kept happy horses

Reviewed 4 July 2011

A friend and I went on the two hour rain forest tour. My friend absolutely loved it!!! I thought it was fairly average.
It takes a while to get going but the walk is nice but that is all it is, even for experienced riders couldn't get their horses to do more than a slow trott, the horses were simply so used to their job that it seemed to bore them.
At the end of the ride you get to take the horse into the beach (you gat a chance to change first). My friend and I thought the horses would really enjoy this part, an opportuity to cool down and all that but clearly they didn't.
The scenery is nice so take a camera but if you are a horse rider this might not be the ride for you, maybe the longer rides are better.

1  Thank julesinvegas
Reviewed 2 July 2011

For our family of 3 it was great fun & staff very nice.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

I booked for the one hour rainforest ride, and I'm glad it was only one hour. I have only ridden a few times before and not for many years. My re-introduction to horse-riding took about one minute as the owner of the business quickly gave a run through of the commands for the horse. It was then time to go. Our guide seemed very disinterested and the only two words he used the whole time was left and right when telling us which way to direct our horses. After the ride we were waiting to get picked up and taken back to our hotel, waiting, waiting, finally someone came and told us the driver was in town but on his way back and would be there soon. Still waiting....probably about 30mins, I decided just to check again with the owner and she was very surprised to see us still there waiting. So she called the driver again and told us he was still on his way. Two minutes later the driver emerged from the driveway from the property next door. Communication and organisation of transfers was not great. Maybe I got them on a bad day, but I would not go back.

1  Thank AAally