“Overpriced ”

Paraqvaria Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 485 Restaurants in Asuncion
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Avoid. Completely average food for a very pricey menu. There is nothing to write home about this place. Overcooked vegetables, bland desserts and too bright lights. Disappointing experience overall. The only highlight was the arp concert, very good indeed, it made us forget the rest.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Very good restaurant in a very nice setting. During the week you have the option of buffet or a la Carte. I would recommend it

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 10 January 2016

We stayed in the hotel La Mision and ate both nights in their restaurant

A well decorated restaurant, with good service and well cooked food. They were happy to slow down the service when we requested pauses between courses.

A good selection of wines, which were, as you would expect in a restaurant of this class, more expensive than in lesser places. I accept that as a fact of life.

There is a selection of items on the menu from the normal to the eclectic. I had to get a translation from Spanish into English for one item, which turned out to be Veal Gizzards, which I tried, as the opportunity may not come my way again, and found them enjoyable

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2015

For years, I use this hotel and its restaurant, but this time I have to mention the lunch I had here. Breakfast here use to be average to good compared to other hotels in this area, but this time I found it better than usual, and the lunch I decided to have just to avoid the hot weather outside the hotel surprised me very well! Ambience was good, not the usual noisy place, crowded with local politicians and their friends, and the food was excellent! I ordered a Mollejas to start with, and it was crispy and delicious, and the vegetable risotto was better than any I tasted in Asuncion. Rice was "al dente"! Congratulations to the Hotel and the Restaurant for their effort to excel! As usual, the staff is the best of Asuncion!

Date of visit: August 2015
Alexa V, Director of Sales at Paraqvaria Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

Dear Elina,

Thank you for your lovely review, I am so glad to hear about your experience in our restaurante and thank you for choosing us time and time again over the years. We look to make our hotel and restaurante better every day and to build a long term relationship with our clientes. La Misión and Paraqvaria aim to be your home in Asunción and to improve each day thanks to all of our guests comments and inputs.

We look forward to receiving you again this year.

My best regards and wishes,

Alexa Vuckovich

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

It is convenient especially if you are staying at the hotel. Do give it a try. The service is very good. The space is nice. However I found the food is average but overpriced compared to what's available in Asuncion.