See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Beautiful new hotel offering style and luxury. Elegant lobby and quick check-in. Big and well appointed (superior) guestroom. Spacious modern bathroom with shower and separate lavatory (separate from bathroom). Plenty of storage space in the closets and a mini bar. The AC did not work optimally, it did not cool the room very well during the hot season in September. The pool is nice. Every guest receives a complimentary cocktail, which is very nice. The location of the hotel away from the city center will make a rental car necessary. The hotel has a nice parkinglot. The breakfast was excellent offering plenty hot and cold dishes. I will certainly consider staying here again when in Cayenne.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
JOEL G, Directeur général at Mercure Cayenne Royal Amazonia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review about our hotel.

We are so pleased to read that your journey was suitable on each point.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I have been staying in this establishment for the past 2 weeks. I and my colleagues have eaten in their 2 restaurants which I will review later, but we have also partaken of a nightcap or two at the usual over the top hotel prices in the hotel bar. We have taken to calling this bar "The Moon" as there is absolutely no atmosphere. On several occassions we have found ourselves as the only clients in the place. We arrived back to the hotel this evening Knowing there was some sort of function taking place in the bar. We asked a female who had been organising fancy lights and tables the previous evening what the function was...she rudely told us we were not welcome...we were not interested in entering but when we asked where hotel residents could have a drink she again rudely told my friend and I to go elsewhere and pointed towards the restaurant. Not being pleased we went to the restaurant and attempted to order 2 drinks. The waitress told us that because of this function she was unable to get us our drinks from the bar. My problem with this is 2 fold
1/ A table organiser who, to my knowledge has no affiliation to the hotel appeared to have the right to speak to the paying guests in an extremely rude manner. No hotel representative was on hand at the door at the time.
2/ There was no provision made to provide for the hotel residents during this Air France knees up.
We spoke to the receptionist who very kindly summoned an English speaking hotel employee and we stated our case. We were offered a free drink but we refused as this was not the problem at this stage.
As I speak it is 10 20 p.m. and the music is playing loudly outside and there are people cheering and schreeching in the garden below. My friend has telephoned reception who have told us this will go on to 23 00....not ideal as we need to work in the morning. The noise stopped at 23 15.
We have came to this hotel as we are working in the area and we have overlooked certain things such as the free wifi which is advertised is dreadful at best....non existant in my friends rooms. Rooms themselves are comfortable and well kept.

Having eaten in both restaurants the three of us have agreed that the Royal sushi restaurant is really quite good, unfortunately La Brasserie does not live up to the same billing although one thing they do share is a lack of speed.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay, check the internet speed in the room. Closer to the lift works.....
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Durham2013
JOEL G, Directeur général at Mercure Cayenne Royal Amazonia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Good morning,

Thank you for your review about your stay at the Mercure Cayenne Royal Amazonia.

We would like to apologize for all the inconvenient you have met. Our Front Office Manager was in contact with you during your stay and did his best to satisfy you by offering some compensations for the inconvenience. Our satisfaction was to see you checking out with a smile.

Looking forward for welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This hotel is really not a 4 stars hotel... should be max 3 stars. The hotel is not well mainteined. Zje restaurants offers good dishes, but the service is extremely slow. But the waiter is fine. I tried the pool, it's clean, but the floor is not a good quality.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SC7701
JOEL G, Directeur général at Mercure Cayenne Royal Amazonia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Good morning,

Thank you for your comment about our hotel.

We apologize for the inconvenience you met. We will inform the F&B Manager about your experience in our restaurant. Our 4 stars are based on comfort and service quality. Therefore, we always take into account our clients point of view in order to maintain our quality level.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 July 2017

First night there was some party/event in the garden but it finished around 11pm. Ok not the best start but still acceptable.

Then Saturday there was huge party/event, loud and still on at 12 am. I asked reception when it will finish as I want to sleep, you could hear and fell the music in your room, they told "soon" no discussion was helping as they said that the place was rented etc. 3am ... the noise was still there and guess what, no one picking up the phone and there was no on at the reception. Looks like the noise was terrible even for them. It finished around 5am. And I need to meet customer at 11am. Yeah I was fresh :/

This hotel is the worst experience I had so far. For the price that they are charging per night their behavior is not acceptable. And on the checkout I was told that there was another party on the day I was checking out. Bloody hell.

The only good thing was the breakfast as the beds where not comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask if there will be some event during your stay. Ask for the room on the parking side.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank CaffeineJumper
JOEL G, Directeur général at Mercure Cayenne Royal Amazonia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Good morning,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Royal Amazonia Hotel and Resort.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenient you met with some of our clients' events. We have soundproof rooms and we usually put clients in the most quiet area of the building. We take your review into account in order to implement corrective actions.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

The food is quite good. In the restaurant as in the sushi bar. However the service is very slow and rude. Specifically the restaurant.

Some Spanish and Portuguese spoken but unless you speak french, be patient and patient.
The average service speed is snail level.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jantab007
JOEL G, Directeur général at Mercure Cayenne Royal Amazonia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Good morning,

We guess that you enjoyed some part of your stay such as: the room, the breakfast, the swimming pool, the Wellness center … Please accept our apologies for the inconvenient you met in our Restaurant. We take your review into account in order to maintain a constant quality service.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.