“Walking Tour in Bogota”

The True Colombian Experience
Ranked #5 of 38 Food & Drink in Bogota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We meet at 10:30 am and also at 3:00pm in calle 12d numero 3 - 46 cranky croc hostel centro EVERYDAY. the free experience walking tour is in the historic center, we go to drink chicha (traditional drink) and eat arepas (traditional food) and play tejo. we go for a walk to visit the most historics point of the historic center like casa de nariño and we speek about colombia history, after we walk around the septima the pedestrian street; after 1. CULTURE 2. CHICHA 3. TEJO
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Andres was our guide and he made the city, the people and history of Colombia come alive. He was a great communicator in both English and Spanish. My son and I felt welcomed into the group and appreciated the broad knowledge Andres has of Colombia and the region. He is able to discuss subjects in depth and creates an atmosphere of fun, interest in each of the visitors, and camaraderie. The tour was a highlight of our stay and opened our eyes and hearts to the people of Bogota. Thank you.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"waffles"
"passionate guide"

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We took the Coffee tour, which also included the Chorrera waterfall. (IFY: It is breathtaking). Fredy was our guide :D. He’s just amazing! We had a great time during all the tour. The town was a bit chaotic because of "Semana Santa" and all the "viacrucis" but he made all the experience enjoyable. At the Coffee farm, we met Marcela. She is incredibly nice and kind. We had a delicious breakfast and a lovely coffee tasting! I suggest people who visit Bogota to take any tour with Fredy, but especially to take this tour if you’re a coffee fan like we are. It was the best way to finish our holidays in Bogota. :)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

It was my 3rd time in Bogota, and I had already seen a lot of the tourist sites. I emailed Fredy about the food tour, and it wasn't running, but he invited me to the free walking tour. I had my last day free, so why not?

Though I did see a handful of things I had already seen, there was plenty I did not see. I forget out tour guide's name, but she was friggin' awesome! The most punk rock girl in all of Bogota I'm sure with tattoos, piercings, dreadlock, and two colors in her hair. She had lots of information and told us stuff we wouldn't hear on the other tour.

I'm a huge coffee fan so it was nice to stop in a coffee shop at talk Colombian coffee. And the tejo game at the end is definitely something I don't think I would have experienced anywhere else.

Definitely do this tour!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Thank you Andres for the amazing tour!
We started in the city centre and walked around to hear details about Colombian history, architecture, culture and modern day life - trying delicious chicha (local drink), refreshing coffee and chatting to locals. This tour was extremely insightful and made us feel more like a local, less than a tourist.
Thanks Andres for sharing your expertise and fun stories with us - can highly recommend to take the tour with you!