“Excellent stay”

Ranked #148 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
brazil
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Hotel has a colonial atmosphere and is prepared to receive corporate meetings in their special rooms. The rooms are clean, service is excellent, beds are coffy. You may hear some noise from other rooms, like any other hotel.

There's a big mall nearby where you can shopping or eat.

Received special attention from Carolina Ticora , Advisor of Reservations that provide me an upgrade and a early bird coffee break, since I had a early flight.They can also provide a safe transfer in and out airport.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Estelar Apartamentos Bogota, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Good Morning Dear Guest,

Thank You for tell us your experience in our Estelar Apartments Bogota; It is very important to know if we have been keeping the high standard of Estelar Chain. These Apartments are located near to Unicentro mall and the structure is contemporary like a castle. Others important aspects are offer you comfort and privacy together with the services of Estelar La Fontana Hotel.

We invite you to visit us again; we will receive you with a smile.

Kind Regards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston
Reviewed 19 June 2011

quiet pricey.. no kitchen at all, north area of BOG.. great flower shop on site, nice breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Boston, UK
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We stayed here on a visit for our dauhgters wedding. I have to agree with a previous reviewer about the noise from the traffic at the junction. However when I asked if we could be moved to a quiter appartment the staff were very accomodating and moved us to a lovely appartment inside the complex.

it is quite a large complex with a nice, well equiped gym. we used the hardresser and found her to be very good. Overall the staff were the best assett to the Hotel/Appartments. Nothing was too much trouble for them. we were made to feel really welcome and would not hesitate to return.

We would just like to leave one last tip for the Managers. Please install double glazing.

Onle last word. It is quite a way out of town and the traffic can be horrendous and the Bogota taxi drivers are maniacs.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fred_quimby
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce Manager at Estelar Apartamentos Bogota, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We are looking forward to make your next visit to Colombia the best stay in Bogotá with Hoteles Estelar.. Your constructive feedback will help us to continually improve. Thank you for the double glazing suggestion it will be sent to the Hotel Manager. We would like to invite you to visit us in other destinantions where we can provide you the same excellent Estelar service.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed 20 April 2010

An excerpt from the letter I mailed to the hotel after my visit.
I wanted to take a moment and thank your wonderful hotel staff for providing an outstanding experience during my recent stay at the Estelar in Bogota. I stayed March 19 through March 22. I have stayed in many beautiful properties all over the world and was very pleasantly surprised by your property in Bogota. The staff was very friendly, professional and attentive during my stay. The property was meticulously maintained, the food was excellent (breakfast) and the service was outstanding. I would like to mention one of your employees by name who made an extra effort to be helpful to me during my visit. In the reception area I met Oscar. He made a real effort to be helpful to me and I enjoyed meeting him very much and saying hello in passing during my stay. He made a special effort to ensure that my needs were met and seemed sincerely interested in making sure my stay went well. I understand he is new to the property but I can tell you that he had the professionalism of someone who has been in the hospitality business for many years. I would expect him to do very well within your property and company. I met many employees during my visit and I was well served by them all. I especially enjoyed meeting the security dog at the front gate too, the black lab. I will in the future look for your properties and I will recommend them to my friends, family and business associates. Job well done to you all.

Of note - there is a very busy mall across the street with quality items and an 'Exito' which is a grocery store. I have to be honest here and mention that the traffic noise from my room overlooking the Exito was extremely loud - all night, every night. But it did not take away from the rest of the visit at all.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JeffKJr
florida
Reviewed 26 June 2009

My son David was born in Bogota and wanted to see where he was from. We stayed at the apartments from 6/12-18/09. The entire complex is beartiful. We stayed at the apartments which was a wise choice. The apartment, facing the gardens, had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, and great room. There is no pool. There is a delightful cafe and restaurants. The staff is fantastic and extremely helpful. There is security and you can't enter without going thru the gate. The lobby has a bouquet of 250 live pink roses which is a sight to see. There is a computer area and speak to Danny. He was marvelous since I wasn't used to the additional letters in Spanish. His English is perfect. Diagonally across the street is the UniCentro which is a very upscale mall. You can enter through the Exito supermarket. We bought our breakfast food and any other things we might need during out stay. Bogota a a magnificent place to see. Don't miss Morserrate, a church up at 10,000 feet. Breathing is difficult! The gold Museum and the Salt Cahhedral and hour away. Casa Vieja is a wonderful restaurant. The food in Colombia. You will never regret going to the hotel, nor visiting this fantastic city.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family