2,351 results
All reviewsclose to the airportportable air conditionerfree shuttle to the airportgreat hotelel dorado airportbogota airportshuttle serviceearly flightconnecting flightcomfortable staylate checkroom servicecomfortable roomshort staybreakfast buffetstaying at this hoteljunior suite
Reviewed 15 September 2017

In a nut shell, close to airport, close to shops restaurant and bars. good service, nice rooms and a breakfast buffet. The staff are always very helpful and there is a shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Moorning ;

Your opinion is very valuable to us as it helps us to assess her quality of our services, we know that exceed expectations allows us to continue working hard to always exceed our standards. Thanks for taking the time to fill out this survey.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This was my third stay at this hotel and it was as good as ever. Great, friendly staff; nice breakfast inclusive. Very good food, service and ambience at the top floor restaurant. The junior suite offeers and excellent quality per price ratio and is really comfortable. If anything, the bathroom area is a little too tight. Other than that everything was great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Afternoon ;

Looking forward to your soon return

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed at the hotel for a night in August. Due to its close location to the airport and its complimentary shuttle service, it is a great choice if you plan for a lay-over in Bogota. I have no complaints whatsoever regarding noise, on the contrary, I found the hotel (or at least our room) reasonably quiet. Breakfast was great, with lots of fruit and eggs prepared to your order. There is a Transmilenio station really close by, if you want to explore the city via bus. One really nice thing about the staff: The next day, our connecting flight left in the late afternoon, no problem for them to accommodate a late check out w/out any extra charges - really appreciated! Will I go there again? Already booked for December :-)..
NB: It is probably a good idea to call in the night before so that they know you are coming at what tentative time. Having done this, the pick up was absolutely hassle free!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon ;

Please accept this cordial greeting from the whole team at the Capital Hotel. We are very grateful for your help in evaluating our services and every qualification and commentary will be taken into account to improve our quality of service to you.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The hotel staff is very nice and will do their best to help you the best as they can.
It was certainly a great and beautiful hotel 20 years ago, but today, it needs to be refresh.
The rooms are not soundproof, so you will hear kids running and people screaming in the corridor as of 4:00 AM, but you will barely hear the airplanes... The rooms do not follow the new technologies, so you will have only one electric plug to charge your phone,...
The shower was the best one of our trip, but that's it.
You also have to avoid the restaurant. Luckily, there is a Mc Donalds in front and, believe me, you'll have a much better meal/breakfast there than at the hotel. The diner was ok, but that's it and the breakfast was uneatable!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed 9-10 times during last 8 years at GHL Capital. I even did reviews here before and gave them appraisals as well as rated them 5 stars basically because of their good service. So what made me rate them like this now?

Arriving at the hotel

I arrived in a yellow cab from the airport. Since I am European but a resident since many years in Colombia, I know prices and especially going for business in Bogotá. The taxi driver basically told me arriving at the hotel he would charge me 25,000 COP. Since the concierge opened the door just as I was arguing with the driver, I also asked him in Spanish how much a trip from the airport costs. He asked me how much I had to pay, and told me that 25,000 COP was a fair price. It is not. I travel many times for business in Cedritos and go from the airport to there which is 30-40 minutes more and pay 25,000 COP, this taxi ride was less than 10 minutes.

I believe as a member of the hotel staff you should know these things, and also try to protect customers. He took the taxi drivers party, let him rip me off and gave bad information about pricing (which he obviously didn't know anything about).

When I asked the girl in the reception later on, she told me it was approx 15,000 COP which I would agree is ok.

Check-in

Slow. Nobody at the desks when I arrived. After a few minutes someone came out. Had some problems with one check-in desk so they kept moving me to another one to check in. After three tries I was on my way to be checked in. When I paid, I gave them the same Amex as always when I stayed there before. This time they let me know that they needed a pin code. It is the first time I've been asked about it (as my amex is without pin). I am not sure what they did but they tried to charge my card 2 times and did not succeed and said "we need another card". I swiped the card the same day and next day in 10 different establishments and in another hotel and it worked extremely well without pin. Seems that staff needs some training in swiping credit cards. Furtmore personnel were not that friendly.

Room

Room was ok and clean, but this night there was some type of party on the streets and since the windows are not isolated you heard clearly the party all night. Also airplanes passing over made the windows shake.. I stayed in room 410 and I don't recall this to be a problem before so I think it was just the room / this side of the building.

In general I had quite some issues in sleeping due to planes and parties which were loud.

Check-out

I checked out 04.00 in the morning and it was simply impossible to put a name of a company on the invoice according to check-out staff.

To sum up, this hotel has gone from a good old: -Yes we can ! To: -Let's rip off customers, and provide absolutely no service.

After staying here last 8 years.. this is the first time I say.. I'm not coming back..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 August 2017

Good Afternoon ;

We offer apologies for the inconvenience that presented in our hotel because of the noise generated in the top of the hotel. We have taken the necessary corrective measures to prevent these situations arise. We would like to have the opportunity to serve you again.