“I'll try another one, next time"”

NH Collection Bogota Andino Royal
Ranked #95 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I was lead to beleive by another traveler that the hotel had a change in the way it treats guest, I was mislead. I made a reservation for a king size, they gave me twin. I was told I had free internet, the hotel only provides email supplier's service free, anything else is extra. Details, no orange juice, no large spoons for the cereal, limited choice, I wanted something special, a machiato, or just expresso and milk; sit and wait. I was lead to beleive there would be newspaper available, there were none. Returned from work at night to take a shower, there were no towels! ask for them, it took them an hour to deliver. two towels. I needed a cab, I was in the reception desk, I told the person behind the desk I wanted a cab and I wanted it charged to my room, she said "one moment pls" and left, after 10 minutes I told the other person behind the front desk, what about my cab? and she said "one moment pls" and continued talking to someone on the phone about a personal problem.
I left and took a cab.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank MEDTRAV
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for NH Collection Bogota Andino Royal

Reviewed 31 December 2010

I picked this based on Trip Advisor reviews and wasnt disappointed. The hotel is in a great location next to Zona T in Zona Rosa full of modern bars and resturants and a very safe area. If you want authentic South America dont pick this. But if you are wanting to stay in Bogota I dont think you want authentic in the place you stay you need it in the places you visit. Staff were unbelievably helpful and friendly. Breakfast pretty good but not amazing. Room perfect. Internet is limited if you want it free otherwise its $10 a day. Expensive and should be free.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Grande_m
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I've spent there 2 weeks. Overall my experience is very positive:
Pros:
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Their English is good (quite rare for Colombia). Location is just great: few minutes walk to Andino shopping mall, up to 10 minutes walk to Carulla supermarket and to the nearest Juan Valdez coffeeshop, numerous pubs and restaurants are just few meters away.
Breakfast is fairly good (not big selection, but all is fresh and tasty). Rooms are big enough and clean (See my picture). It can be a little bit noisy on Saturday night, but if you take a room facing to the inner yard situation should be better.
Cons:
The internet. They have free package which won't allow you to get to youtube, download anything resource with .mp3 suffix and also block many other sites, and $10 per day packages without these limitations. They both work quite bad, wi-fi connection is getting lost, so you try to get connected to access point located at another floor. They should definitely improve it.
Like I said before overall, my experience was very positive and I would definitely prefer that hotel on my next travel to Bogota

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Al-Grin
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 7 November 2009

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I did enjoy my stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. My plane arrived early so I missed Bogota's traffic and was there about 2 hours earlier than expected. They assigned me a room inmediately. Transportation was easy and always available by personnel known by the hotel. Close to major trafic ways and the "zona rosa" were the action goes on... It is a business type hotel. Great services like internet connection, restaurant on site (great breakfasts) but no pool.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business