All reviews room suite nice lobby downtown bogota national museum the check in process decent breakfast safe place plaza bolivar avianca carrera
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The Hotel has potential if the rooms were upgraded. The room wasn't bad if it wasn't for the dirty, old carpet. If they just spend some money on the floors, that will make the place much better.
Location, is not the most appealing in Bogota, but the building and the staff members make it up.

Room Tip: Needs new floor very badly.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
katherin s, . at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guest:

We appreciate the time you have taken to update our service and share your opinion. We will analyze your observations. We are sure that your next visit will be perfect.

We hope to see you in a near future.

Katherin Serrano.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Security is a bit overkill - James bond style. They follow you on their little radios like you're a criminal. You'd think you can move freely from outside to inside the hotel or from your room to breakfast which feeling like a convict being transferred between cell blocks!!

One bad experience on the first night - apparently booking.com made an error in that only 1 person could stay in each room (we booked 2 rooms) so I found myself having to my pay for my husband again because

Room Tip: Give the carpets a clean with a steam cleaner. They're filthy.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest:

We regret any inconvenience you have had during your stay. We will analyze your observations in in order to continue improving our processes. We would like to have the pleasure of hosting you at another opportunity.

Katherin Serrano.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Our flight on Avianca was cancelled at 11 PM and the airline set us up to sleep here including dinner and breakfast and the following day we'd be transferred to the airport to catch our flight at 11 AM.
The room was ok, but it lacked a decent breakfast, dinner was sandwiches- I am gluten intolerant so sandwidches are not an option for me. The hotel is in downtown Bogota, with armed soldiers guarding the place (!!). The bed was comfy and so was the bathroom, but it is not my choice of hotel. Maybe the regular guests have a better breakfast... ours was not gluten free and rather crowded in a small hall. See photo.

Room Tip: mine faced an inner area and was quiet
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Austin W
katherin s, Coordinadora de Reservas y Contact Center. at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear guest:

Thank you for the time you have taken in evaluating our service.

Your opinion is very important to us. We hope to have the pleasure of assisting you in your next visit to our city.

Best regards.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The place itself has the charm of times bygone... everything about it speaks of a criteria of beauty and a quality of craftsmanship that's rarely seen outside of this setting, much less in a city like Bogotá.

The staff is numerous, well-trained, and as helpful as can get... although I had to get up pretty much every time I wanted coffee during breakfast, as no waiters would ever approach my table (and yes, you have to get it from them...everything else is self-service).

For breakfast, you have to walk about two blocks inside the same building complex, getting to where the property blend in with a mall of sorts... any sense of intimacy is rapidly lost; and, if you need to have breakfast in order to feel ready to appear in public, you may be better off ordering it in your room.

Other than that, everything was flawless as far as the hotel itself is concerned. It even has it's own private guard of no less than two well-armed soldiers (not a metaphor!), so your safety is assured, and at the same time threatened a little (I mean... why do they even need these soldiers there?).

Personally, I love to have access to everyday provisions (groceries, etc.) within walking distance... and, while you do have some nearby, getting to them is... adventurous, to say the least... and I'm a native Spanish speaker!

My advice: head north, for pretty much everything you do on foot... you may need to walk a little longer, but the sights will be nicer, and you'll feel safer.

Room Tip: As usual, tall floors will give you amazing views and less noise.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
katherin s, . at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Our Hotel. You describe our hotel in different aspects.
We will consider your suggestions and We hope that you will return for another great experience.

With best regards,

Katherin Serrano

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I lost my conection in Bogota and the airline was looking for hotel who can admit me with my two tiny chihuahuas. I ait three hours at the airport and they couldn't find a hotel. Hotel Tequendama was the only one who welcome my pets.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
katherin s, Coordinadora Contact Center y Reservas at Hotel Tequendama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your comments. You and your pets will always be welcome in Our Hotel. Will be waiting for you in your next trip.

Katherin Serrano