“Loved Colombia but still waiting on refund”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mantaraya Travel - Day Tours and Trips for Colombia
Ranked #70 of 160 Tours in Bogota
More attraction details
Owner description: Mantaraya Travel is a colombian specialist with custom made tours to over 20 destinations in Colombia. Choose of over 30 sightseeing tours and trips to destinations like Bogota, Cartagena, Medellin or the Colombian Caribbean. We offer the best tours & trips with a highly personal service for your dream vacation in ColombiaIf you book your tour or trip to Colombia with us you can expect:• Consulting and planning with one of our Travel Experts ->• Get a personalized plan ->• The Mantaraya Booking Specialist ->• 24/7-Attention during your trip ->Contact us today and get the best Colombian Experience - Visit our Website for more!
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Manta ray was great organizing our trip, it was all good untill we went to Medillin. Our transfer driver didn't know where our hotel was and was clueless and he never came back to pick us up to take us back to the airport, So we had to get a taxi, and now we are still waiting on a refund and they are not being helpful!!!! Spent a lot of money with this tour company and still out of pocket when we shouldn't be..... Disappointing

5  Thank Alysha L

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Just returned from a fabulous trip with Mantaraya to all the charming towns in Boyaca and Cundinamarca. It's a wonderful region, filled with lagoons, mountains, dinosaur remains and the ancient sites and artifacts of the Muisca indigenous tribes. Best of all are the Colombian people -- unfailingly warm, welcoming and helpful. Mantayara is especially good at identifying lovely bed and breakfast - style hotels, each with its own distinctive style and personality. This is my 4th trip with Mantayara and all have been well thought-through and quite well done.

3  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Loved the country and the people, I had been put on to the company by a friend who had travelled to Bogota by herself and said they were fantastic guides I must admit when I had to pay the money up front from home I was a little nervous and got in touch with my friend again, but what a brillant move Byron was at our every need and terribly knowledgeable and interesting, we loved the country before we left everyone commented about the dangerous place were off too, but we did not come across any trouble,lots of military and Police with guns though

2  Thank Kellie M
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Mantaraya, is a touristic agency that contracts local one's for your tours. I went with my wife to Colombia in a two week tour organized only for the two of us

I had the first tour in the city of Medelin. Later at the Hotel when I went to the sight of Mantaray I found out that the tour had been shorter than what was suposed to be and that the tour already marked for the next day ( Santa Sé ) would be also shorter ( the guide had told us the planning for the next day, she would pick us at 8h 30m and would leave us at the hotel at 12h 30m, when on the site of mantaray should be 6h and not 4h ).
I contact mantaray ( Alexandra Maier ) and she put pressure on the local agency so the tour to Santa Fe was as contracted.
After this episode I begin to keep daily contacts by mail with Alexandra to be sure that everyting would go on without surprises.and so the rest of the trip went well.

But if you don't speak spanish you must be carefull, because althought in the planning of the tour was defined that all the guides should speak english, only in the last two tours in Bogota we got one that could speak , all the others understood " 0 " of English. For us this wasn't important because we also understand spanish.

Another think that is important is the luck you have with the local guides, the only that had knowledge of history, geograhy etc was the last one ( Byron ).The others were more drivers than guides, but of course this can be overcome if you study the guide of the contry before each tour.

Situations like the one's I have described have happened in other trips to other countries done by us in the past ( with other agencies ), WHAT is really important is that you have a contact in the agency to report a complain as we did.

2  Thank Jose S
camih2o, Gerente at Mantaraya Travel - Day Tours and Trips for Colombia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback.
I agree with you that it’s important to have the agents number and email address form Mantarayaa while you are travelling with us and we of course always provide that to our clients. In Tourism especially in Latin America unexpected things can happen which is why we at Mantaraya Travel have a 24/7 service for our clients to solve any issue or questions that come up during your trip. Especially in your case we communicated a lot, also on weekends and outside of office hours and solved all the issues and questions you had immediately.
Thank you for your comment, kind regards from Bogota, Alexandra (Travel Advisor)

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My Opinion: We went to the beautiful coffeezone with Mantaraya Travel in April 2012 for 3 nights. This is really a "must see" in Colombia and we had a very good time. The tours, guides and hotels were excellent and more than we expected.
The Hacienda San Jose is simply amazing and their service excellent! We went to the hot springs Termales Santa Rosa de Cabal which stunned me! Also the Valle de Cocorra is something you shouldnt miss in that area.
Our guide spoke perfect english and he was very knowledgable and answered all our quesitions happily.
It was very easy to deal with Mantaraya Travel. They understood straight away what we were looking for and price was good for what we got. I completely recommend them!
I really would do this trip one more time, in this zone are so many things you can see. It is simply another world. A amazing world.