“Amazing!!”

JW Marriott Hotel Bogota
Ranked #1 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This hotel was absolutely wonderful. The room was very clean, modern, and comfortable. All of the staff was so accommodating and sweet which was great. I also loved the executive lounge which had great snack, breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank skhan471
Rodolfo S, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Skhan471,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I am happy to know you could enjoyed the room and every detail in it, all the options available for you in our Executive Lounge and the service offered by our staff.

I will be more than glad to recieve you again to please you.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

There is a reason why the JW Marriott is ranked as highly as it is in Bogota--it is the best. The hotel is lovely, very elegant and polished and the rooms are comfortable, extremely clean, and well-designed. I was particularly impressed with the bathroom and its decor--very nice. The hotel staff from the bellmen to the front desk employees to the cleaning crew and restaurant employees are all very, very friendly and personable which I love. When there was a problem after I checked in--the air conditioning didn't work--they first sent someone to try to fix it. When that didn't work either I asked to switch rooms--and they did so without any hesitation. I paid for an upgrade to the "Concierge floor" with access to the Executive Lounge which had a pretty good spread, particularly for breakfast. The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that the hotel's toiletries are made in China--that doesn't seem like very high quality. If you can get a good rate here, and that isn't always possible--then I would definitely say to come here!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew R

Dear Matthew R,

Thanks for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay.

I am more than proud to know you were very satisfied with all the commodations such as cleaning, rooms, food and quality with everything, specially for the kind service offered by my staff. I am going to keep in mind your remark about the toiletries.

Please allow me the sastisfaction to serve you again as you deserve.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Before I begin, I have stayed in almost every hotel in Bogota for the past few years and nothing tops the JW Marriott. The place is huge compare to all others and the service is the best.
I staid at the JW for the first 6 months of this year and I would do it again if I had the chance. Yes, it's not a cheap stay but I can assure you it's the best you'll get for your money.
I stayed in almost every room in the hotel, except the Presidential, which you can get a tour of if you ask nicely. The rooms are kind of old fashion, but the cleaning crew keeps everything so clean we barely noticed it. Best part of the stay in these rooms is the toll down. Walking in to your room with the lights on and the TV on it’s creepy at the beginning. It almost feels like there’s someone in your room, but I can assure you that once you get back home you'll miss it. They leave candy and water next to your bed, they get your bed ready to laid down, and close the curtains for you.

The Lounge:

If you want to feel like you’re VIP, make sure you get access to this lounge. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Forget about the minibar in your room, just go up to the lounge and not only will you have an amazing view but you can also have drinks from one of the best bartenders in the hotel ( Alejandro). Every drink he prepares is the bomb!
Everyone up there is exceptionally good at their job, very respectful and caring. My recommendation is that you visit the lounge at least once in your stay.
They also have a reception up there that can help you with all your billing needs. Ana Maria will do everything in her power to make sure you get billed correctly. She’ll go line by line and explain to you the receipt. She’s very meticulous. If she’s not there you can always count on Lizeth, she’s extremely caring and she will make sure you’re taken care of; no wonder she was named employee of the month, she’s great.

The Market:

Hands down the best breakfast buffet I’ve ever had in a hotel. The options are endless. Every day there’s different things to choose from. The staff is amazing! They’re not only professional but their service is the best. I’ve seen the restaurant at it’s maximum capacity and somehow they manage to maintain the level of awareness and their service is on point. I know this is not the whole list, but here are some of the best employees at the Market:
Maritza- you need something? She’s the BOSS! She’s amazing
Andrea- The face of The Market. No matter how bad the weather is, she’ll greed you like is sunny out.
Diego- Rides his bike to work every day and somehow he ends up looking fresh and clean.
Nicolas- If he can’t get it for you , nobody can. He’s quick and he’ll make sure you feel welcome every time you step into the restaurant.
This is only a small list of the people that make this restaurant the best in town. I want to thank Fabio, Pedro, Osman, Liliana, Mayida, Cristian Ramirez, Ana Garcia, Angie, Linney Pveda, Julian Sanchez, Edwin, Diebe Choconta, Leonardo Lopez, Angela Montoya, Mayerly Arevalo, Janson Moreno, Adriana Rodriguez, Johanny Villagran, Cristian Gomez, and John Vanegas.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear Oarsaan,

Thanks for having taken the time to share your valuable opinion.

To be honest, I do not know how to beging to thank you for your kind comments and recognition with every and each one of my employees and the memorable service we have provided for you. I am more than proud and satisfied for having given us the opportunity to attend you as you well deserve and make you feel as at home and even better if I could say. By the way, I will share your gentle comments to all my staff.

I will be more than happy to receive you every time you have the chance to come back.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I really enjoyed the hotel, breakfast was excelent, rooms, decoration, live music in the restaurant inthe center of the hotel, it was really cozy, plus environment, I will totally recomend it and I hope to be back again soon

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rodolfo S, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Gabbynaya,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments.

I am more than glad to know you had a pretty good experience with us. It is good to know every detail we have such as the facilities, the restaurants, the food and service acomplished your expectations.

I will be expecting to receive you again to please you.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Blessedly close to the airport, 30 minutes max. Various restaurants and lobby bar are all very nice, but compact. Hotel is squeezed between other buildings so the view isn't much. My room 712 - looks directly into office building next door and I had to be careful about my curtains! The room is very well appointed. Bed firm with very nice linens. Large desk with plenty of outlets. Large TV. Well stocked mini bar and better than average coffee service. Plenty of water provided, which is important at 8600 feet! Internet was pretty fast, TV channels extensive. 2 closets, one short and one long. Plenty of mirrors including a make-up mirror. Good quality iron and ironing board. The temperature was very comfortable - the fans blow onto the desk, but they are very quiet. Bathroom has separate toilet room, large glassed in shower with rain spout. Large tub also. Full set of toiletries, large soft towels and plenty of them! Good lighting - scale and bathrobe provided. Executive lounge had extensive breakfast - good service all around. Long drive to the city center, though.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jadedtravelista,

Thanks for sharing your comments about your recent stay.

I have noticed you took the time to evaluate all the services we offer, even with the most small detail. I do really admire you sincerity and appreciate your comments. I am pretty satisfied to know you enjoyed your stay with us, except for the situation with the neighbors and the curtains.

I hope we could have the opportunity to serve you again.