“Fun and delicious cooking experience!”

Colombian Cooking Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Colombian Cooking Experience is more than a typical cooking class, it is a cultural and fun experience rich in flavour and enjoyment. Come and have the most delicious journey and discover Colombian food with us
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I decided to go here as it was recommended to me by a friend of mine who now lives in Bogota and I thought it would be a good way to spend a cold day!
It is run by a Colombian family - so very traditional but also really fun. We made 4 authentic Colombian dishes, which were delicious and not too complicated. It was really laid-back and the people were friendly which really helped make for a great atmosphere.
Highly recommend!

in 8 reviews
"knowledge"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I travelled to Bogota on business and was thrilled at the quality of service and hospitality. The class was extremely well done with detailed answers to every question and suggested recipes on how to replicate these authentic dished at home. Excellent quality overall, I would highly recommend this tour to anyone!

Thanks you for the wonderful experience, I will be back!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I loved the group dinner and meeting with other guests. It was a fun, interactive way to present a little taste into authentic Colombian culture. The fruit tasting was really good and unexpected, only to be surpassed by a hearty ajiaco soup with patacones and all the dips! The chef, guides and support staff were all very friendly and professional. Overall an great experience showcasing food from Colombia!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My partner & I did this class following a recommendation from a friend, & it massively exceeded our expectations. We were greeted in the house with the warmest welcome & instantly were made to feel special by the family & team who were running the evening. The class lasted for around 3 hours & was really varied, including some fruit tasting & making a total of 4 other dishes....we definitely left feeling we had more than got our money's worth. The lead chef was extremely knowlegable & so passionate when showing us the different ingredients, we hadn't expected the class to be so highly educational as well as fun. Additional authentic touches like the background music & playing a traditional Colombian game whilst waiting for some of our food to cook were the perfect little gems that made the experience so much more than just your average cooking class. We actually did this on our final night in Colombia before heading back home to the UK - I genuinely could not think of a nicer way to have spent it.
Great value for money & an all-round amazing experience & way to get up close & personal to traditional Colombian cuisine.