2,672 results
All reviews conrad hotel nice casino spend money omelette station bit dated fitness room the hotel offers three nights off season excellent stay punta setback properties winter robes sauna pde
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I am incredibly disappointed with our stay at the Conrad. The only positives were the location and clean lobby and free breakfast. First of all, the carpet by the bathroom was wet and moldy when we arrived (see photos). The shower leaked so much, even with towels on the floor, that it wet the carpet even further throughout our stay. Additionally, housekeeping never came to clean the room or replace the towels. The room was outdated and for what we were paying, it was an utter rip off. I plan on avoiding the Conrad (and Hilton) in the future. A five star hotel with a wet moldy carpet!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucy G
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We stayed at 2 properties at Punta del este for several days, one of which was Conrad. Conrad was around 500 a night, the other property was around 800 a night, and we only stayed there because Conrad was fully booked for 1 night. Conrad is much better than the dilapidated other much more expensive other 5 star hotel in Punta.
Based on our experience and talking to other tourists Conrad is definitely the place to stay. Centrally located, great fusion restaurant on site, nightclub casino, good customer service. I am suprised this place does not rate # 1 on tripadvisor in Punta, its without a doubt best place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Berlinmed
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

The fact this hotel is branded 5 star and a Conrad isn’t just dishonest—it’s outright fraud. Hilton should be ashamed for allowing the Conrad brand to be used. It would barely qualify as a Hilton Hampton Inn. Conrad’s around the world always come with high standards for both condition and polished 5 star service. Not here.

The service was abysmal and non existent. From the moment we checked in until we checked out, we didn’t interact with a single hotel staffer in any positive way. Several were outright rude. Check in was a joke. They aggressively demanded to know our jobs, marital status and other personal information that is irrelevant. They wouldn’t accept our Chase visa credit card because the numbers were laser printed on and not stamped. They wanted an imprint of it as if it were the 1990s.

Speaking of, the property is falling apart and is decorated with 90s furniture. I will post photos of the awful conditions. The carpet in the rooms and hallways is black with stains. The hot tub was closed and under repair— loud jack hammers all day long made the pool barely tolerable. There was no staff at the pool. We pulled our own chairs off a stack and had to walk to the mold covered spa to get towels.

They will charge you for absolutely everything. Nothing that you expect with a 5 star hotel existed. There was no turndown service with bottled water. Water was in fact 4 USD a bottle and one pair of socks to be washed was 4 USD as well. The room was tiny and had no amenity other than cheap plastic motel chairs on the mold covered balcony.

We booked a club suite to find out that there is no club floor. It was a lie. No tub as was in our reservation either.

The breakfast scene was chaos—a sea of unbused tables. Get your own everything. And fight for it. The hoards of people scavenging for scraps couldn’t drown out the sounds of plates and silverware being slammed and thrown all around you by surly staff. A 30 minute wait each morning or more for a table awaits.

I almost never give one star reviews but seldom have i seen this level of fault. I could go on and on.

I will give them this... the gym was legit. Very large and the machines were new.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Aussiesig
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

To call this a five star hotel does the Conrad and. Hilton brand a major disservice. From our rude check-in to being asked our marital status and given single separate beds, this was an awful experience. Zero amenities in the room, $4 for a water (they provide you none) to the severely stained carpet, I would advise passing on this outdated hotel. Don't even waste your money on a preferred club room like we did - there's no club and no benefits. Breakfast is a free for all - there was no coffee, rude servers and terrible food. We decided to sit by the pool one day only to have maintenance being performed on the hot tub. No waiters or servers at the pool. We decided to try the spa and no one was there to help us either. On checking out I asked for a taxi and was told that the concierge won't help me because I checked out, so I need to flag one down myself or find a porter. Huge disappointment and if rated today I doubt it would be rated as a three star. Skip it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chad S
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Conrad for four nights for a conference. It was ok. Not great.

For a reasonably expensive hotel, some things could have been much better. Incredibly slow check-in. Don't know how they'd cope with a few more people arriving at once. Plugs in washbasin broken. Hair drier didn't work but quickly fixed.

But - size of room ok, good views, excellent breakfast, most other things worked well.

I'm not a casino goer so would consider other options if visiting PDE again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business