1,066 results
All reviews facing the street hotel restaurant stay there again uruguay punta
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is very close to our apartment, in the off season not many places are open, walking thru Pedragosa Sierra we entered Sisai hotel restaurant. We were accepted with our dog, so that was a good start. The restaurant is clean, with huge windows facing the street, WiFi, and nice ambiance for chatting with friends. The service was good, but clearly they are understaff. We have some drinks, cheeseboard, and they offer from 4pm to 7pm tea time all you can eat for Usd15 every day of the year. Happy Hour starts at 7pm. Price are reasonable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Sisai is a well designed small boutique hotel. The lobby, breakfast area and rooms are furnished with high end furniture, which combined with bright artwork creates a minimal and comfortable setting. The rooms are large and have everything one needs, pool area is quiet and relaxing, breakfast is ample, served until 11. All areas are squeaky clean!
I was not happy with the room hairdryer, and to my surprise, a portable one was waiting for me in the room on my return. I asked how to get to Casapueblo and was recommended a tour ($25/person) that took us to so many lovely places including the sunset in Casapueblo. Thank you!
I am taking away one star for location - the hotel is too far from the beach and town center. (15-25 min walk depending on the direction). The hotel should consider offering an hourly shuttle.
Another concern was the noise of the cars driving by the hotel - they woke me up at 5 am 2 nights in a row. Ask for the room facing the pool, I am sure it will be more quiet.
All in all - solid 4 stars!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two days. When we checked in they treated as if we were on the FBI most wanted list. They kept asking for our ID cards and did not understand that our state issued driving license is a valid ID card. A nightmare.

When we checked out, they issued the invoice under my name even though the reservation was under my husband’s name. We asked the invoice to be corrected. They tried to correct it for half an hour and since they couldn’t they told us they were going to send it by email. I had to call five times over the next four days, they kept promising that the invoice was on its way. I even asked for the Manager to be told he was not in, he was late, etc. Every time I called there was a different excuse. Today, one week after we left the hotel, I had to tell them that what they were doing was illegal under Uruguay law and that I was going to reach out to the local tax authorities, they said they had sent me the invoice the day before. I asked the email address they used, and it was not mine. I was finally able to get my invoice. All this stress when we were supposed to just go to Punta for relaxing. HORRIBLE but HORRIBLE experience. Please avoid this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank apineiro01
SisaiMgmnt, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sisai Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Good Afternoon.
In response to the statement, In Uruguay Hotels are requested by law to check in passengers with an International ID, this is a Passport. So, this was the reason the Front Desk Staff asked for your Passport. US ID o European Union ID such as a Spanish ID for example is not valid at check in. This is a LAW of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs we have to obey.
With respect to the invoice it was corrected to your husbands name the same afternoon the day you checked out. The same day it was delivered to your email. The email we registered was different from the one which was needed so after getting the correct one, the invoice was again delivered to the new email. Every task was done by LAW.
Anyway, we try everyday yo acomplish the laws we are requiered in Uruguay and satisfied our costumers with an excellence service which is our mission.
We invite you to stay again with us.
Best Regards,
Managment

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Stayed 5 nights, booking a standard room with queen bed. The pillows were awful, cheap and flat. The room itself is large and has tile floors. Housekeeping is the bright spot at this hotel, as they are very thorough and our room very clean!! The hall is tiled and could be noisy however we asked for a quiet room and were placed at the end of the hall. There is a large personal safe in the closet at eye level. The bathroom is a good size with a bathtub/shower combination and there was no fluctuation in water temperature with the shower. There is parking on the street and the wi fi signal in our room was good. Also the air conditioning worked well.

The buffet breakfast is terrible. Every morning it was chaos. Tables weren't clean and breakfast items not replenished. The juice seemed to be watered down, the coffee undrinkable - it truly was awful. There was a bowl of fresh fruit and sliced watermelon which was the highlight. The cereals were less than appetizing; the bread for toasting was commercial. The cakes and loaves on a daily basis seemed dried out. The worst part about the buffet breakfast was the lack of service. Actually there was no service! Morning after morning I would have to ask the staff to replenish glasses, plates, croissants, coffee, cutlery - I think you get the point. It was absurd. The staff seemed to be marking time until the breakfast hour was over. There was no desire to provide customer service. The breakfast buffet table is in a 'u' shape and I'm not sure why the staff would think that having the coffee cups the furthest away from the coffee and tea would be a good idea(?). Moving around the table was difficult.

Punta del Este is overpriced and finding a good hotel room is difficult. Other than the one young fellow who checked us in who was very friendly and welcoming, the rest of the staff at the front desk could care less about the customers of the hotel. I'm not sure if there is a hotel manager on site on a daily basis - and if there is, then the hotel is in real trouble. A manager in the breakfast room would be a good idea along with some training for the staff.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The hotel is fairly new. It has as modern design and everything is in good condition. The hotel is centrally located, close to the beach and the bus station. However, if you want to go to "La Barra" expect to pay at least $30 for a Cab ride.

What I would have to emphasize is the fact that the hotel is lacking good management and service. We went for breakfast and there was no staff to help us, NONE seriously. Some of the front desk staff was rude and not accommodating, it seemed they were there just to get paid and had no hotel expertise whatsoever. We asked the GSA if there where any restaurants open late in the AM as we were arriving form a night-out and he said everything was closed, we later found out that just a few blocks away there are restaurants that open 24/7
The hotel has no room service. Prices in the hotel are completely absurd, I ended up paying $30 to have a suit steamed, when the prices on the laundry service sheet clearly stated it was $10

Overall it was not a great stay. The hotel has so much potential if they could just manage to amp their service. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple