“Best place in Abu Dhabi for Egyptian Sweets”
Review of Sweet Palace

Sweet Palace
Ranked #932 of 2,337 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is my go to place when looking for good old Egyptian sweets. The people working in the shop are really polite and extremely helpful. They also make Egyptian Feteer (sweet and savory). I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

A good place to buy a variety of Arabic and western baked sweets and savories. Their products are generally freshly baked. Their website has a copy of their menu and they deliver.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

On my trip to Abu Dhabi this time I went looking for some place that had good Arabic sweets. There's a very nice bakery in Sharjah and I was hoping to find one like it here. After a few failed attempts I found this one. Although not as good as the bakery in Sharjah that I usually go to, this one was better than the others I found in Abu Dhabi.
The bakery serves both sweet and savoury dishes. The menu has something called Egyptian pizza, a whole variety of them, sweet and salty Fateer (a pie or layered pastry of ancient Egyptian origin), assorted Arabic sweets, biscuits, cakes and juices.
Among their sweets they have Konafa, Baklawa, Shabiyat, Basbussa (semolina cake), Mabroma (stuffed sweet rolls), Egyptian Cahk (stuffed cookies) and many more.
I tried some Fateera Eshta Honey which was nice and some Shabiyat and Konafa. The Shabiyat was quite nice. The Shabiyat is available with a filling of cream or nuts. The cream ones are better.
Among my favourite Arabic desserts or sweets is Qatayef but they said it was available only if ordered in advance.
Their salty Fateer as they call it, is available with fillings of Chicken, beef, beef and spinach etc. I did not try any of these. Both the sweet and salty Fateer are available in 2 sizes, small and large. I'm not quite certain what an Egyptian pizza is but they were available in 4 sizes.
I asked if I could watch them make the Fateer and they obliged. They roll out the pastry dough with a rolling pin, toss and stretch it, spread it on an oiled stone slab, apply the cream, fold it and bake it in an oven.
Sweet Palace also has a branch in Ajman, on Khalifa street.