“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #46 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Hampshire
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Spent two weeks in Abu Dhabi with one week at the Sheraton. Excellent value for money, with friendly, courteous & above all honest staff. (I lost my wallet but Maharuf Akv & Jacon Odongo spent ages tracking me down to return it.). Only dissapointment is the building works in the vicinity, which the hotel has no control over. However the range of hotel restuarants coupled with the pools & beach facilities make up for this. Also the wide range of food available for breakfast must cater for even the most demanding of guests. We opted for a Club room which gave access to another Lounge where there was a further full selection of snacks, sandwiches & drinks all day long. All in all a wonderfull relaxing place to stay. You may find better hotels in Abu Dhabi but at a premium cost. The Sheraton ticked all our boxes at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view. Certainly not the best sea view but it does mean you are on the opposite side...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear BareRupert,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the services and the facilities met your expectations. As you probably noticed during your visit, Abu Dhabi is presently experiencing an unprecedented building boom and hence, construction sites are evident most everywhere in the city and the surroundings of our hotel are no exception, even so we are fortunate that the majority of construction in our neighborhood has been completed after we suffered from the construction for the last three years. We have been assured by the local municipality that the pedestrian walkways and landscaping work near our hotel will be completed within weeks and we look obviously very much forward to this. Hopefully by the next time you visit Abu Dhabi and our hotel, you will find the vicinity of the hotel in pristine conditions. I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
blackpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Never having been to anywhere in the UAE before we didn't know what to expect, our main holiday was to Bali (which we cannot recommend enough) we thought we would stay in Abu Dhabi a few nights to break the return journey home.

We got a deal on this hotel with last minute.com (about £70 per night room only),this price seemed very reasonable for Abu Dhabi but I would not like to pay full price. We checked in (alongside two airline pilots) and we got the impression this was really more of a business man's hotel.

After having free wifi in Bali we were rather disgusted to find the wifi was £6 for an hour. I thought this extremely overpriced and think should be free. We later found out that you can have an hour for free on the hotel's pc however we were not informed of this until checking out.

The rooms were nice enough, the pool was great with a small slide for kids and the beach area was ok (nothing special) but I don't think any other hotels have a private beach area. The English Pub - The Tavern had good atmostphere and there were a couple of great singers on, we had lunch here which was good too. The beer was pricey at about £6 per pint, we sadly didnt try Cloud Nine as we figured would be v pricey. The other restaurants looked busy (always a good sign) but I really think you're paying 5star hotel prices so we ate out. Cannot compare with any other hotel in Abu Dhabi but I am guessing they are all on a par. It would have been nice to have been made aware of the club rooms- with food and drink options but we were not so again cannot comment on these.

We stayed here because was supposed to be a good location? Possibly?? we found very little to do- we wished we had stayed on Yas Island. There did not seem much going on at Abu Dhabi, we walked to the mall (after receiving very poor directions from reception staff) and had a potter around there and the rest of the time we just spent relaxing at the pool.

You cannot really walk anyway (partly as is nowhere near to go and also because of so much construction everywhere the pavements are not finished)

Room Tip: Seems to be construction all around however we did not hear this in our room (7th floor) enquire abo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahnphil
Dear Sarahnphil,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to know that you overall enjoyed your stay with us despite the few issues you commented on and which I would like to clarify. While we realize that in many hotels around the world Internet is provided free of cost to hotel guests, the Internet connection at our hotel comes with a hefty price tag as the hotel is charged a monthly connection fee from the local Internet provider which we in turn try to recuperate in part by charging for the convenience of having a high-speed, wireless Internet connection in your room. Despite these charges, the hotel does not recover the complete cost of the Internet connection. As an additional service we provide free Internet service at the Business Centre and at the Link@Sheraton to all guests and this service is clearly mentioned in the in-room compendium which is located in all guestrooms. I would also like to comment on your observation that alcoholic beverages are in your opinion “pricey”. We just concluded a comparison of all Abu Dhabi 5-star hotels and I am very pleased to inform you that the prices for alcoholic beverages at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort are in the mid-levels and in many instances, the lower level. Obviously, the prices that are charged for alcoholic beverages in Abu Dhabi and in the entire UAE are somewhat different from what you would be used to in the United Kingdom, however, I am sure you will agree that the privilege of being able to consume alcoholic beverages in our country has to come with a price. As far as the location of our hotel is concerned, this is of course a personal opinion, however, I can assure you that the location of the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort is in many ways superior to any hotel located at Yas Island – we are in walking distance to major shopping malls, the Corniche Beaches and the business sector of Abu Dhabi and hence, our hotel is a favorite with many business and leisure travellers, which is also evident in the many TripAdvisor reviews who comment on our location positively. Your comment regarding the pavements surrounding the front of our hotel is correct, however, I would like to inform you that the Abu Dhabi Municipality has advised us that the pavements will be completed within the next weeks and hence, the pedestrian walkways which are presently not useable will be completed. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in case I can assist you with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. In the meantime, I remain with kind regards.

Harwood, Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Wide choice of dining options, superb pool area and beach. Club room benefits of free food and drink were a great addition.In all a very enjoyable stay/ Sheraton has a good situation in AD and as taxis are cheap it wasn't expensive to go out anywhere else. Would recommend the Club rooms for the inclusive food and drink options. AD is a building site no matter where you go and there was some local to the hotel but it didn't affect our enjoyment. Staff were priceless.

Room Tip: Purchase a Club Room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear GeneToones,

thank you for posting another review of our hotel on TripAdvsior. We greatly appreciate your generous comments and look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon! In the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Tunbridge Wells
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Having visited the bright lights of Dubai on several occasions it was interesting to compare its big brother, the somewhat more genteel Abu Dhabi. I had chosen to stay at the Sheraton Resort and was not disappointed. Staff at reception were friendly and knowledgeable. I had opted for a Club Level room. This included a free buffet breakfast which had a huge selection; access to the Club Lounge with delicious sandwiches, nibbles and non-alcoholic refreshments and free alcoholic drinks between 6 and 8 pm at Cloud Nine, a rather unusual cocktail bar perched almost as an afterthought in an open walkway. Almost as if to compensate for the unusual location the two delightful Philippino barmaids made one feel most welcome whilst the tall slender lady who played the piano so well was enchanting. There are several places to eat within the Hotel. The English Pub called the Tavern, was tempting with its English menu but I found it too busy and noisy for an old geezer like myself . The main restaurant, Flavours, has an excellent menu and I enjoyed one of the best Fillet Steaks ever. However, service can be a little slow at times. The Italian restaurant, La Mamma, has a good selection of Pasta and meat dishes and service is excellent. As for my room it was just ideal. Particularly liked the dedicated Office area with Wi-Fi internet hook-up. As a club member internet was free, otherwise it was AED 75 (about £12.00 a day) which is a bit steep. Overall I was most satisfied with this Hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrading to a Club Room will actually save money in the long run.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank johnbursby
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Dear johnbursby,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that your stay at our hotel was up to your expectation and that you found the services, facilities and accommodation to your liking. I have also taken the liberty to share your kind comments about the Cloud 9 Lounge with the respective personnel and I can assure you that they are very pleased to know that their efforts to make you feel at home have not gone unnoticed – thank you for recognizing them. I look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and if there is anything I can assist you with, please do let me know. Kind regards,