InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$ 404
US$ 161
Jumeirah.com
US$ 99
US$ 69
  • Pool
Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$ 69
US$ 60
US$ 108
US$ 82
Sofitel
Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
US$ 173
  • Pool
US$ 149
US$ 134
Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
US$ 43
Radisson Blu Hotel, Abu Dhabi Yas Island(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
US$ 72
Agoda.com
2,650 results
All reviewsyacht clubbelgian cafeselections restaurantfish marketpiano loungebyblos sur mermarina mallall inclusive packagebeach barprivate beachthird floorclub roomcity viewconcierge deskduty managerhealth clubetihad towers
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The Intercontinental Abu Dhabi is basically at a good location.- i booked this playe for my family and me because i wanted to spend a few days of nice vacation. When we arrived(at 8.00 pm) the booked rooms with sea view where not available - to make it short - we moved three times until they gave us a suite with two bedrooms. Something is always broken in the rooms - an incompetent house electrican tried to fix our power control system(the lights won`t switch off) in the middle of the nigh(1.30 am). The beach is unusable due to terrible noise(building anything right across the beach). The pool is too small and only has around 70 sunbeds - not enought for more than 250 rooms. During our 8 days stay it was impossible three times to get any place around the pools. The breakfast ist fairly well but service is not good. They don`t have enought space for all the people in the morning. Food is o.k. but some strange things happened - after three days we were refused to get a made to order omelette - we should use the ready prepared omelettes. If you order coffee you probably will get tea. The service personel is not very good - they are friendly but it could happen during a viisit at the buffet that they take away your cup even when they can see you are still here. All prices in the hotel are 5 star plus - the service and the standard NOT. We had a lot of trouble and had to complain about many things neary each day. The people are friendly but you have the impression that they forget everything as soon as you turn around. I have been in Abu Dhabi MANY TIMES - different hotels, different seasons, at least 15 times during the last few years. This hotel is the worst `premium` place to stay in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: If you NEED to stay there - don`t take a room to the street side because it is a noisy building site. The sea side is better but you still have building noise until late in the night AND YOU WILL HEAR IT IN THE ROOM.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Klaus H
InterContinentalAD, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of you stay at our hotel. your feedback is valuable to us.

We are sorry to hear about your many unpleasant experiences during your 8 day stay with us. We have communicated your complains to the people concerned and every effort is being made to ensure that such mistakes are not repeated again.

We hope you give us the chance to serve you again in the near future where you will find our services vastly improved and meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Was there 2 days only. Hotel have really good location, in my opinion one of the best in city, that's why we chose it. It's waking distance to Corncihe (around 20min walk) and around 30 min walk to Marina mall. Also we have nice view from room to Emirates palace, Marina mall, Corniche, LuLu island and city, all this from 1 window. Room is clean, comfortable, I like bathroom, it have doors between main bathroom and toilet and shower, so its comfortable if you not alone. Hotel have big territory, nice to walk around, own beach, but we not really like it, because water surround by land, so I had feeling I swim in swam. Pool is big , but workers was rude and also strong alcohol smell there. I strongly recommend muslim people to avoid this hotel, because they not allow to enter any hotel restaurant in muslim dress such as abaya or disdasha (thobe), so I have to take taxi and go eat outside of hotel, because of this reason. Lot of drunk people was walking around and make noise, especially at night. Also we cant sleep half night, because no soundproof at all, we can hear people walking in next room, like it was in our, so we was many time wakeup in fear, that someone in our room. So I think this hotel is good for loud party people, but not for muslim people or people who like quite relax.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yulia A

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed our location and our property and enjoyed the convenience of being able to walk around to the Corniche and Marina mall.

We are also very sorry to hear about your disapproving experience at our swimming pool and the beach. Unfortunately we cannot control the government decision of filling the land across the water in front of our beach and are sorry you did not enjoy your swim there.

It is true we do not allow Muslim dresses in our nightclub - The Yacht Club and our our pub - The Belgian Cafe, but all kinds of attire is allowed in all of our other 4 restaurants. We are also sorry to about the noise level in your room and we will make sure to include your feedback when we review our facilities in the near future.

We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again upon your next visit to Abu Dhabi and see our facilities with a new light.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed at the Intercontinental for several days at the beginning of March . Before arrival I had been reading trip advisor comments for a few weeks and was awaiting the trip to Abu Dhabi with apprehension , comments for the hotel were varied and not what I expected from a 5 star hotel. But what a surprise from the friendly quick checkin , the very acceptable room.

Food was Ok and service exceptional.
The hotel was immaculate and the room kept clean with minimal intrusion, they seem to know whe I would be out of the room and it was cleaned etc during this period.

I used the shuttle bus twice to the local Mall , and there was no problem in booking or using.

There has been quite a bit of comment re sea views , forget it the view is a couple of Islands with building work -- not much sea to be seen anywhere.

The pool area is clean and you are well looked after and the beach area is just a relaxing place to go -- you can tune out the building noise its not that intrusive.

Overall an excellent hotel and well worth a visit

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Andy P

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel.

We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and despite your prior apprehensions were not disappointed by our services and facilities.

We are also very happy to note that despite the intrusion of the view on our beach you found it relaxing. We hope you had the chance to visit some of our award winning restaurants within the hotel. You can have a quick look at them on our new dining website.

We hope to receive you again in the future and hoe you will enjoy your stay as much as you did this time.

Thank you once more for a fantastic review and sharing your experience with our other guests.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the InterContinental (IC) Abu Dhabi during a January 2012 trip. I found my reservation in good order, and the hotel recognized all the Ambassador benefits for which I am eligible. I had left some luggage in the duty free at the airport. When found at the airport and the hotel was notified, I was contacted straight away and the duty manager arranged transport to the airport. When dealing with the front desk for other matters, I found them operating at the same professional level. However, this was not the case when dealing with the concierge or the porter—both left much to be desired. Both seemed unable to discharge their duties at a level you would expect from a 4-star hotel. Although my room offered excellent views there is nothing worth seeing, the hotel faces (at least on my side) a light industrial area. This IC is old and it shows; the entertainment system though in line with other ICs did not work properly, although the hotel maintenance responded promptly—it was never quite right. The furniture was old and tired showing signs of wear. The lights and furniture seemed mismatched, which made things awkward—for example, the stand to place your luggage was in an unlit corner of a room. The bath has a Jacuzzi tub, but it took 30+ minutes to fill it, also there we no handles to assist entry, which again made things awkward. The tile floor was also very slippery. The bedroom also had one of the diabolical room control units that inhabit Mideast ICs—they are terrible. However, the bed (and bath) linens were all good. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant is over-priced, the food quality & selection poor, and not worth a visit. The Italian restaurant is passable in both food and service, but nothing special. The coffee shop in the lobby is best of the three places I visited, but when looking at air vents there is evidence of past water damage (saw the same in the Italian restaurant). All in all, with the exception of the front desk staff this IC has little to recommend it. I cannot see this IC as being anyone’s first choice as a place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
InterContinentalAD, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Dear Guest

We are very sorry to note that your stay with us was not up to the standards that you expected.

We are also very sorry that you did not find our concierge desk efficient and the premises to be old, in need of repair and awkward.

At the same time we are also pleased to note that you found our front desk efficient and up to the mark.

Once again - please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I found myself in Abu Dhabi city at 6pm on a Thursday night without a hotel room and called ahead for the cheapest room, which was AED 550++. I successfully negotiated the roadworks, got myself parked straight outside the door and was in the room within 10 minutes of arrival. I ended up in room 808, a city view double and was very impressed by the whole thing. Very modern hotel with great eating choices. A huge windowed spacious well mirrored room with gigantic bed, all the toys, great bathroom with separate bath, shower and toilet cubicles and huge fluffy towels. Enjoyed the food in the Belgian Beer Cafe downstairs and then took the opportunity to walk the length of the marina boardwalk behind the hotel for a late evening breath of air. Had a super sleep and a long lay in on Friday morning before popping up the road to Marina Mall for a Starbucks. I will stop again when I want that little bit of luxury.

Room Tip: 808 had a view ranging from the Emirates Palace on the left along the back of the Corniche with the city over on the right. It was AED 100++ extra for a marina view, save your money to pay for your beverages!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank FWTraveller
InterContinentalAD, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear FWTraveller

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel.

We cannot express how happy we are that you have touched on all the good aspects of our hotel - the fast check in, the amenities in the room, the view, the Belgian Cafe (not to mention our other award winning restaurants), the Marina and the convenient location.

We do hope that you would like to come again for a bit of pampering and give us the opportunity to serve you again. You can also come to any of our restaurants individually by booking online and expect the same great service and food!

Thank you once more for a great review and sharing your experience with our other guests.