I stayed at the InterContinental (IC) Abu Dhabi during a January 2012 trip. I found my reservation in good order, and the hotel recognized all the Ambassador benefits for which I am eligible. I had left some luggage in the duty free at the airport. When found at the airport and the hotel was notified, I was contacted straight away and the duty manager arranged transport to the airport. When dealing with the front desk for other matters, I found them operating at the same professional level. However, this was not the case when dealing with the concierge or the porter—both left much to be desired. Both seemed unable to discharge their duties at a level you would expect from a 4-star hotel. Although my room offered excellent views there is nothing worth seeing, the hotel faces (at least on my side) a light industrial area. This IC is old and it shows; the entertainment system though in line with other ICs did not work properly, although the hotel maintenance responded promptly—it was never quite right. The furniture was old and tired showing signs of wear. The lights and furniture seemed mismatched, which made things awkward—for example, the stand to place your luggage was in an unlit corner of a room. The bath has a Jacuzzi tub, but it took 30+ minutes to fill it, also there we no handles to assist entry, which again made things awkward. The tile floor was also very slippery. The bedroom also had one of the diabolical room control units that inhabit Mideast ICs—they are terrible. However, the bed (and bath) linens were all good. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant is over-priced, the food quality & selection poor, and not worth a visit. The Italian restaurant is passable in both food and service, but nothing special. The coffee shop in the lobby is best of the three places I visited, but when looking at air vents there is evidence of past water damage (saw the same in the Italian restaurant). All in all, with the exception of the front desk staff this IC has little to recommend it. I cannot see this IC as being anyone’s first choice as a place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental