“Amazing staycation!”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 October 2017

As part of the company staycation (working on the travel industry), my Boss chose this property for a one night staycation away from the busy life of Dubai.

All of us enjoyed our rooms (entry level rooms were way bigger compared to other properties) with detailed elegance and style. There are lots of options (diverse food choice) on the buffet table as well.

What we loved the most is the outdoor pool (family / main pool). The property has a family pool, indoor pool, adults only pool and kids pool as well.

The beach was quite a walk but if you love to have your beach on your own, then you'll love staying in St Regis.

I will definitely come back and definitely recommend this to our clients! :)

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rochelle M
Stregis_Management, Hotel manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Rochelle M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall experience especially the room, the food and hotel facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the city's true beachfront leisure address.

Warm regards

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Great for a short weekend getaway. It is near the beach and has a good selection of restaurants and cuisines to choose from. To unwind and relax, the spa has a variety of services available. Overall I enjoyed my solo weekend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Aishah A
Stregis_Management, Hotel manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Aishah A,

I am glad to read that you had a memorable weekend getaway.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the city's true beachfront leisure address.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Good Things:
Great Hotel & Food. Breakfast service was amazing and the chefs/service staff were so friendly. Very attentive! The valet service is always prompt and helpful. The breakfast was amazing and the pool attendants were attentive. Food and drinks arrived quickly. Housekeeping were thorough however my parents found a hair in their bath. This may have just been from the housekeeping team, although it wasn't the best first impression. The toiletries provided were great, although the shampoo seemed to really dry out our hair. I hadn't found this problem in other UAE Hotels.

Not so good things:
I found the bed and pillows quite tough and woke up with neck ache even with their softest pillow. However my parents thought it was perfect. The hairdryer was really powerful so you don't need to take one. The bathroom floor can easily get wet and both I and my dad fell on the hard floor from the water, both separate days and separate rooms. Housekeeping would always move the bathmat away from the shower edge. There is some construction going out on Saadiyat near by so you can hear this when you're on the beach or at the pool unfortunately but this isn't the St.Regis' fault.

The pressing service by the butler wasn't as good as I hoped and ended up ironing my clothes anyway. Maybe steaming service could be better suited?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank cm4240
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear cm4240,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your experience with fellow travelers, as well as for providing us with some rather constructive criticism which will undoubtedly help us become a better hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies on this less than satisfactory experience and the inconvenience caused. Rest assured that this is not our usual service standards and we are seriously following up with that.

In the meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to the resort at GEM.3400@stregis.com, should you wish to further discuss your experience. Thank you once again for staying with us.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2017

My husband and I visited this hotel mid September. On arrival we were very impressed we were recommended this hotel and were not disappointed . There was just one disappointment! Our room ! I had upgraded our room to a sea view room but when we were shown to our room although it was on the sea side of the hotel there was a huge tree completely blocking our view. We complained to the reception who offered to move us the next day. As it was my birthday the next day this was not acceptable However Alexander Zhaunerka very kindly moved us to a 6th floor room with an amazing view after hearing it was my birthday The room was beautiful.
The rest of our stay was lovely. We particularly liked the adult only pool where the staff were very attentive
we were half board and the food was very good. We did eat at two of the restaurants as well which were not included in our half board. The steak restaurant and the Asian restaurant were very good
I would highly recommend this hotel it really is luxury.
The only fault I can find. Is that there is an adult only pool which is great but it would also be nice if there was an adult only restaurant or area in the main restaurant

Room Tip: A high sea view room.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T3TCA

Dear T3TCA,
Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and had a memorable birthday celebration with us.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a short weekend getaway, we got upgraded to a suite room since my partner is a platinum member of SPG. Room itself is spacious and we really loved it, only the bath tub is too small in my opinion. We had a friday brunch in one of the restaurant cant remember the name, the food was amazing, the service was excellent from the waiter, waitress to the chef. They had mongolian, korean bbq, japanese, everythingggg... We were like couldnt move after the brunch... There pools are separated between family pool amd adult pool which we really like sice you know sometimes you dont wanna see kids running around and making noise when you are chilling in the pool.
The beach is nice howeve the noise from the construction next building somehow ruin the athmosphere.
Now the breakfast, it wasssss the most delicious breakfast I ve ever had in my life. Very rich and tasty...we were like WOWed by the quality of the food from this hotel. Credit to the kitchen and Fand B Team. As a platinum member of SPG normally we got amenities in the room when we stay in other SPG Hotels or Resort however this time there was nothing however we still love this hotel and will be our fav compared to the other St Regis in the corniche..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ang A

Dear Ang A,

I am glad to read that you had a memorable experience during our Friday Brunch at Olea restaurant.
I will make sure your positive feedback is shared with my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the resort.