3,088 results
All reviews butler service saadiyat island olea restaurant manhattan lounge adult pool ocean suite kids club sea view asian restaurant family pool beautiful resort spg member half board main pool huge bathroom life guards rain shower
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I just recently finished a 5 night stay at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi with my mother. I am sad to say I was quite disappointed with the stay in the hotel. Although the hotel definitely has spacious rooms and the view of the beach is excellent, however, as it is a 5* luxury hotel, I will discuss why the hotel did not meet our expectations.

Firstly, there are no freshly squeezed juices in the hotel. We had a half board package and at breakfast, the juices in the buffet are not freshly squeezed. In a country where even a cafe serves freshly squeezed juices, for such a large resort, why should guests drink juices that are not freshly made. I have to give credit to a member of staff who went out of his way to find us the only freshly squeezed carrot juice (with difficulty) as it took him about 30 minutes to get the drinks. His service was exceptional, Mr Praveen Rengathan by the pool and his colleague, Mr Adensanmi Oluwaseun, tried to keep us waiting patiently as we wanted to leave because the waiting time was long but he was pleasant and tried to convince us to stay as Praveen made a lot of effort to go and retrieve the freshly squeezed carrot juice. So it is very disappointing that such a large, luxurious resort has not got the facilities of a juicer to freshly squeeze oranges/apples/carrots/pomegranate etc.

Secondly, we had dinner as part of our half board package and unfortunately we did not enjoy one night of our buffet. We are allergic to garlic and unfortunately ALL the food had garlic incorporated into it. It was with difficulty that we could get something we liked to eat without garlic and thus the dinners were spent eating a little bit of bread or plain pasta and some dessert which was not even of a high standard. I am shocked that there is not a range and if I may mention that in aristocratic societies, garlic is a banned ingredient. For example, HRH Queen Elizabeth II, has banned garlic from the palaces and she does not allow it to be cooked simply because of its offensive smell. For those of us that cannot eat it anyway because of medical incompatibility, it is another issue but the smell is offensive in a restaurant and really garlic should only be added upon request and not be a primary ingredient. Therefore, I am sad to say that we did not enjoy one night in the buffet. On another note, I am also disappointed that even for a small bottle of water, which is complimentary in other parts of the hotel and abundant in the room, it is charged in the buffet. Considering water is readily available in the room and that dinner is also included in the package, it seems silly to charge for small bottle of water in the evening. Also, when the restaurant was very busy, there should either be a turnaround time for those seated or bookings should be taken as sometimes there would have been longer than 30min waits if we wanted to be seated indoors.

Other things to note were that on a daily basis, after our room had been serviced, there would be a lingering stale smell of dampness as if the rags used to clean the bathroom were left wet/dirty. Also, housekeeping did not replenish the complimentary tea/coffee areas daily which meant I had to call the butler to come and bring the teabags when we wanted to drink some camomile tea in the evenings in the room. It was inconvenient to have to call and wait for something that should be refilled automatically as the water on a daily basis as it took about half an hour for someone to actually come to the room

I was also disappointed that the jacuzzi in the spa could not be used by hotel guests unless they had booked a treatment in the spa. The whole point of being able to travel in Middle Eastern countries such as the UAE, is the luxury of segregated jacuzzi/spa facilities. My mother and I were quite upset we could not enjoy relaxing in the spa areas. That is something that needs to be improved at the hotel most definitely.

So if you are looking for just beach and relaxation then yes the hotel offers that, however, if you are a traveller that wants to enjoy all parts of luxury and service for a stress free holiday then no, this hotel would not fulfil that as it takes a long time to get anything done and really some of the issues, should not even be an issue and are expected from a 5* luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank M H
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear M H,

Thank you very much for your recent review and for sharing your valuable thoughts here on Trip advisor with other fellow travelers.

I am truly saddened that your experience at the St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort did not meet your expectation and you did not enjoy your half board meal at our all day dining restaurant. Kindly be informed that all beverages are generally excluded from the standard buffet, which is a normal practice in the 5 star properties in Abu Dhabi. Nevertheless, the local still water and soft drinks are offered complimentary during the themed night dinner. Furthermore, we offer 4 types of freshly squeezed juice every day at the buffet breakfast, including Orange, Green Apple, Water Melon, Mango and Grapefruit. The options are rotated on daily basis. Unfortunately fresh carrot juice is not included in all these options and I am delighted to hear that our associate was able to arrange them special for you.

Furthermore, I would like to apologize for your conveniences of the Jacuzzi and the shortfall in the service of our Housekeeping Team.

Once again, than you for staying at the resort, and hopefully you will give us a chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Marwan Fadel
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited here for 12 nights in September 2017, the most noticeable thing about the hotel is the staff
Very obliging and eager to assist.

The rooms are brilliant the bathroom superb the view from rooms over the beach and pools are wonderful, we ate in
The Orlea restaurant for breakfast and dinner the food and choices were exceptional the staff in restaurant are great thanks to all
Especially ALVIN.

The adult pool staff Alex in particular and Jenny (trainee) plus the rest of the team excellent.

This is a great place if you want to chill out and rest

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Redman2332
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Our second visit back to St Regis. A warm welcome from the staff. Lovely clean rooms, good food & excellent facilities to relax. Nothing is too much trouble & the attention to detail of all the staff was wonderful. Spent a lazy week resting by the pool.

Room Tip: Superior sea view rooms are amazing. Very spacious with excellent facilities.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mr_Ians
Reviewed 30 September 2017

It was my fifth trip to UAE and definatelly the best. Perfect place to escape from everything and just relax. Very clean warm water in the sea and so beautiful beach. Very comfortable and modern rooms.
And of course huge thanks to all stuff team in hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NadiiaVerbenska
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I stayed for a few days last week on business,the staff were very attentive and pleasant and my room was a good size with all amenities.

I just found it to have no soul and the restaurants where empty apart from breakfast in the main restaurant. however, I would highly recommend the steak restaurant, the food was amazing.

There were several pool areas but i couldn't get a space on one of the days at the adult pool.

Nice hotel but not for me

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business