“Disapointing”

Ranked #210 of 2,150 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 70
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Immerse yourself in culinary delights at our renowned Italian restaurant. Serving your favourite Mediterranean dishes, La Mamma offers a wide selection of Italian flavours served in a trattoria-style setting. Unlimited pasta & pizza with a glass of beer or wine: AED95+++. Unlimited choices of cured meats, olives, fresh salads and vegetables, cold pastas, various cheeses & seafood specialties: AED65+++. Kids decorate their own pizza: AED38+++. Add dessert decoration: AED 55+++.
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Went at lunchtime, and the restaurant was very quiet. Features on the best value list for food and alcohol, but unless you take advantage of the special days, it is as expensive as any of the hotels.
Pizza was very average, though the pasta dish was better. With a glass of beer each, and a bottle of water, the bill was just under £60.
Could not fault the service.

1  Thank RussellH39
ManagerSheratonAUH, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you found our offering somewhat average and your experience disappointing. The restaurant serves authentic Italian food and all the recipes are created by our Italian chef, Juri Pelusi. I would love to hear from you in more detail how we could improve our offering.

Allow me to reassure you that La Mamma’s prices are very competitive as compared to other five star hotels of the city. I, however, understand that in Europe you could have had a similar experience at lower rates – especially when you order any alcoholic beverages. For a more cost effective option, I recommend trying our antipasti buffet. It is served at dinnertime and offers a great variety of unlimited hot and cold appetizers for AED 65 (around £15).

Shall you have further comments or suggestions, please feel free to email me directly at Yves.Tarabout@sheraton.com. I will be happy to hear from you and to speak about your impressions in more detail.

Yves

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Miserable, soulless and as far removed from Italy or anything Italian you will ever experience. The decor I can only liken to a 1980's motorway service station cloakroom area. And what the circular bit, with plates of tired food dotted around it, in the middle of the room is supposed to be I have no idea. And the whole restaurant has a whiff of stale cigarettes.
Staff looked as interested as we did.
The lasagne was edible therefore the one star. We left and hot footed it to the hotel pub next door. Much more entertaining for people watching as this is so obviously a hotspot for ladies of the night it wouldn't take Inspector Clouseau long to spot that one.
Come on Sheraton get your act together, your set up here is pretty poor.

ManagerSheratonAUH, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your time at La Mamma. Out Italian restaurant was designed to provide a simple, rustic feel akin to traditional trattorias – I am sorry that the décor was not to your liking.

In the evenings, we offer a wide selection of antipasti dishes in a buffet style which is actually one of our most popular offers in the hotel with dozens of guests sampling it night after night.

As regards to smoking, I appreciate your comments. We have both a smoking and non-smoking area in the restaurant. We do our utmost to keep the air refreshed but since it is in one room – on occasion there is a faint smell of smoke in the non-smoking section. Please accept my apology if this was of an inconvenience. Flavours restaurant is fully non-smoking which can be an alternative for our guests.

I am happy to hear that the Tavern did offer you a more memorable experience.

If you would like to get in touch with me directly to discuss further, please feel free to email Yves.Tarabout@sheraton.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yves

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Pizza were served within 10mins.it was really good.hot &crispy.staff are all atentive. We will definitly be coming back.thank u

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Last night we went to eat at La Mamma at the Sheraton, and we experienced the slowest and worst service ever. No one came to serve us for more than 20min. There was very little food and some empty plates in the salad bar buffet. We sat down for more than 20 minutes and finally someone came to ask for water! asked for wine menu which we never received. We ordered food and received it after 45 minutes. We ended up leaving very unsatisfied. No one would check on you to make sure things are ok even though they were keep passing by you!!! We wouldn't go there again! The very little food we ate was ok!

ManagerSheratonAUH, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience in La Mamma. I was very disappointed to read about it, especially because we normally receive high praises from our guests.

It has always been one of our most popular venues – well-known for its authenticity, homemade pasta, traditional recipes and friendly service. I believe you visited us during one of our busiest weeks of the year when the city was hosting a large exhibition. I however do not want to make any excuses as this should have not affected your experience at all. I would like to reassure you that this is not the type of service that our guests came to expect in our restaurants.

I would like to ask you to consider giving us another chance. I will personally arrange your visit to ensure that you will receive a flawless experience.

Please feel free to reach out to me at Yves.Tarabout@Sheraton.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

This is an excellent Italian restaurant with a first class menu and friendly, helpful staff. The pasta was wonderful.

ManagerSheratonAUH, General Manager at La Mamma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your kind review of La Mamma.

This cosy restaurant is a true gem if one seeks to have authentic Italian food. The chef is a native of Italy and he has recently introduced a new menu with a lot of exciting dishes which are hard to find anywhere else in the city.

I am delighted to hear that you loved pasta the most. They are a handmade and hand-cut in our restaurant – one of the must try dishes from the menu.

We look forward to serving you at La Mamma again one day.

Warm Regards