“Best Manager” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Montreal, Canada
“Best Manager”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Was here for 10 days, Got a suite and location was great. The best part of this Ritz, is the service we got from the Manager, Joe. Example my wife wanted a DVD and Joe the Manager managed to find one in Doha. Pool as very good service, Beach is also good. Restaurant also good. Only problem is plane landing every 4 Minutes from 11h00 to 15h00. This is not your typical Ritz Hotel, i would say one star bellow Ritz. It was my second stay, and will go back just because of management service.

2 Thank JPN65Montreal_Canada
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

This was one of my many visits to the Sharq Village - I host many events there and have been there often but decided to write this review now because of the impeccable service. The hotel is beautiful when you look at it, rooms are comfortable and beautiful. On arrival, upon availability you are checked in early - without making it a point to say that it's a favor from the hotel. The rooms are always what you request for and ready and inviting. The banquet team is perfect and takes care of your little needs making sure they are always available to assist whenever required. Rooms and the public areas have free wifi and my comment will be incomplete if I don't mention the concierge. They take care of you and are very informative and courteous. The guest recognition is very high and they always know your room no, needs and preferences. Only problem sometimes are the planes passing over the hotel making a noise but look at the beautiful hotel and the service, this can be easily ignored. The food served during events, room service and in restaurants is always fresh and up to the mark. The staff is responsive and go out of their way to make your stay and event a success. A must stay hotel if you are in Doha.

1 Thank EventProfessional
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

As a mother travelling with two children (a boy 13 and a girl 11) alone to Europe from Australia I had found this hotel to be perfect for a few days stop over. I just loved it! We did get our room when we arrived around 8 am, very nice. The room was massive and felt arabic. I had chosen this hotel as it is not a high rise like so many other hotels around the world but the rooms are located in low rise housing that looks like a fort from the outside. Interesting and so memorable. We were picked up from the airport by arrangement by the hotel car who sent a very friendly filipino driver with good english. I booked him to take us on a private tour of Doha as I felt safe with him and he knew his way around very well. We had two full days here and two nights. I would say that there was "fifty fifty" guests from the Arab world and from the west. I loved my stay and had it not been for the noise from those planes it would have been the perfect hotel! The dinners we had were really lovely but maybe the pool bar meals could have been quicker and more interesting. The pool area is lovely and there were games to play for the kids. I would indeed recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
kuwait
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

The management of this hotel is very poor. The quality of service and the upkeep of the rooms is below standard. If this is what Ritz carton is all about then I think this brand is a total jock. To start with the wifi service is very poor and once you are concted then you can't sign on again due to and some user name issue I was asked to restart my device and for 5 minutes every time I have to resign to the wifi service. You have to go near the door of your room to get the wifi service. Telephones in the room are very poor and you can't hear the voice f the recipient. I have to check back with the management 4 times to remove the transportation charges that was billed to my room and was supposed to be paid by the organizer, the management were very improphisional and lack the expertise to handel my complaints. Finally, the food quality is very poor with no good variety available. This is defiantly to avoid.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Toney A
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I wanted to arrange a special occasion to celebrate our friends birthdays (one being a 60th) and their move from the UK to Qatar. I browsed the internet for suitable venue for a brunch in Doha and sent an enquiry to Sharq Village & Spa. I had an immediate response from Jeanette Julian Pelayo, Guest Services Call Center & Restaurant Reservation Asst. Manager and we started emailing to arrange the "event".

It is always difficult to arrange such events remotely, especially from another country, but I cannot praise Jeannette enough for her efficiency in responding and her attention to detail throughout the whole process. Jeanette continually kept in contact with us right up to the date our friends had their "special" celebratory brunch (13 April) in the Al Liwan Restaurant and personally greeted them at their table with flowers, a birthday cake and personalised birthday card. (Jeannette had asked us to send a photo of all 4 of us to add to the Sharq Village and Spa card). Jeannette has also emailed photos of our friends enjoying the day.

The level of service we have received both arranging the event from the UK and the hospitality shown to our friends on the day, has been over and above what we expected and can recommend without hesitation the Sharq Village Al Liwan Restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chris P
fadoua a, Protocol/ E Commerce Manager at Sharq Village & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Warmest greetings from Sharq Village & Spa.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Sharq Village & Spa to celebrate your special occasion and for sharing your comments.

We were delighted to share your feedback with our Ladies and Gentlemen. We will of course happily recognize Jeanette which you mentioned accordingly.

We are so thrilled about your experience and the level of satisfaction you’ve experience at Sharq Village & Spa. We are pleased that we are able to create and be part of enjoyable and memorable experience for you here in Doha.

We look forward to welcoming you to again Sharq Village & Spa.