All reviews al jasra souq waqif free tour falcon hospital golf buggy la piazza museum of islamic art your doorstep arabic coffee arabic style the location is perfect other hotels qatar airways beautiful room walk in shower swimming pool beautiful hotel
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Al Mirqa is part of a couple of hotels and restaurants. It is a great place to stay cerainly on a friday night . As it is in the middle of Souqh you are steps away of what must be the best places in the middle east to see the beautiful people of the wide region walk by in their best traditional dress (from 17.00). Qatari but also the regional visitors and workers come here to spend (family) time and stroll along the shops and restaurants. What a spectacle! The smell, the modest humming of the people. The restaurants could convince me to eat there but the fresh fruit juices, sold everywhere, are brilliant. I personally ate a tastefull falafel sandwich in a traditional place a bit in the back. 3 QR! 25 meters away on the mainstream a Turkish icecream (including show) is 18 QR. In summer it might be too hot but i am bringing my family here.

There is no alcohol in the hotel and the souqh area.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
SWBH, General Manager at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Paul v,

Many thanks for this amazing review here in TripAdvisor. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay in our Al Mirqab Hotel.

Indeed, Souq Waqif is a busy place and very much alive in the evening. Most of the happenings take place in the night and it could get very crowded during a weekend. Am glad you were able to explore the vibrant vicinity of Souq Waqif.

I hope next time you will be able to try our different outlets. We have different specialties that would cater to everyone's taste buds. Our spa as well is a must try to help you relax and detox after a long day's journey.

I hope to see you in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything that we can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2017

The hotel is extremely well located at the entrance of the Souq,
Really lovely staff, very helpful,and full of little attention.
Nice room, pool on the top, amazing breakfast.
Perfect stay in this changing city.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Dromeluk,

Your short and sweet review is fantastic! Many thanks for taking the time to share it in TripAdvisor.

I couldn't agree more when it comes to the location of our hotels. Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels is conveniently located in the heart of Souq where you will be able explore the vibrant atmosphere just a few steps away from the comfort of your room.

If you have plan of visiting us again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us and we would be very happy to assist you. Take advantage of our summer promotion which is on-going until 31st August.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2017

I returned recently to the Al Jasra hotel in Souq Waqif. This hotel is an all suite boutique hotel right in the heart of the souq.
The rooms at the hotel are large, well appointed and very quiet. The hotel has two restaurants, one that serves a very good buffet breakfast and the second is a Moroccan restaurant, which serves excellent food.
But what really makes this hotel is the customer service.
From the time you arrive and sadly when you have to leave, you are made to feel very special. The staff on the reception are very welcoming, and once again Haque stood out. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he goes out of his way to make you feel at home. Every hotel reception needs a Haque, lol.
Also, the other staff member that went out of his way was Namal. Namal was the person that cleaned my room. He was a real ambassador for the hotel. He was always there with a smile, and made my stay a very enjoyable one. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He is like a quiet achiever. He was there when you needed him. A real asset to the hotel. Thanks Namal.
Although I have only mentioned two people by name, of course the hotel cannot run efficiently without every committed member of staff,. The waiters in the hotel restaurant did a great job of looking after me, and a big thank you to the Sous Chef for allowing me to indulge myself in making crepes. Thanks Chef.
I also want to say a special thank you to Stephen and his Management Team for looking after me during my short stay. It was a real pleasure to be back at the hotel.
If you are staying in Doha, I would thoroughly recommend the Al Jasra. It is worth booking a suite room for then experience and hospitality.
One of the really nice things was the Welcome Back pillows in the room. Such a nice and personal touch.
I look forward to returning sometime. Thanks everyone for a wonderful memory.

Room Tip: All of the suite rooms I understand are the same. All good
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Dear cygnetboy69,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay throughout Al Jasra Boutique Hotel. Many thanks for taking the time in putting all your kind words in TripAdvisor.

What delights me the most is your comment about our Team Members. I am glad that they went out of their way to make your stay a very memorable one. I have relayed your feedback to Haque, Namal, Stephen and the rest of the team who are very happy to know that their efforts were being recognized.

Thank you again for giving us a wonderful rating and for recommending our hotel to others. I am looking personally to welcome you again soon. Do let me know if you need any assistance.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2017

This hotel is right in the heart of the Souq and only a 10 minute walk to a very good museum and the Cornich. The room was modern, clean and quiet and they even offer a free walking tour of the Souq which we took and it was a good tour. There are lots of very good restaurants and coffee shops within a 5 minute walk.

When we arrived we notified the front desk that the airline lost my friends' luggage and they took down all the needed information and said they would stay in contact with the airline and let us know any updated information and they did.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
SWBH, General Manager at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Gee19,

Thank you for taking the time to give your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels.
We certainly do our utmost to make your stay as comfortable as we can and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the services and facilities. I am also happy that you like the location which is indeed a major factor for our hotels.
We hope to welcome you again soon in our hotels and provide you with another rewarding experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Beautiful hotel to stay in the middle of the Souk which has beautiful Amiri Room with a bakhoor smell in the lobby and pass.
as it good and recommended for couples, family, friends, solo and for all ages

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
SWBH, General Manager at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you recommend us to your friends.We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best regards,