“Best Japanese in Lebanon”
Review of Mitsu-ya

Mitsu-ya
Ranked #106 of 1,013 Restaurants in Beirut
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I have not visited for a while and wanted a place to celebrate. And we chose well! Every single dish was a delight to the eyes and the taste buds. Exquisite starters, sushi, sashimi and desserts. Kudos to the excellent chef who delivers perfection with every dish.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food is good , the place is cozy and small but the prices are very expensive for what they serve

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I had dinner with a few friends last month and the service was great! We had to add a few people to our dinner table last minute and the manager was quick to accommodate us all.

We ordered the miso soup, edamame and the Vietnamese spring rolls to start and those were all great! The carpaccio sea bass and tataki tuna were not my favorite but the tartar of the house was delicious. We also ordered the popcorn shrimp but that sauce came on the side which was a bit weird as it usually is mixed with the shrimp so you don't need to smell or taste the oil. We shared a few maki pieces - the spicy tuna and spicy salmon were my favorite.

I must say keep some room for dessert especially if you like matcha like I do - the matcha fondant is one of my favorites.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Must be the best Japanese restaurant in Beirut, with a real Japanese chef and owner. A range of choices beyond just sushi and sashimi. And reasonably affordable, if you avoid the expensive wine and sake. Seems to have a crowd of affluent Lebanese clientele, as well as being a regular for the Japanese community. With great decor and nice jazz in the background. Highly recommended. Make sure you book, as it is popular and not huge.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Absolutely loved this place. From the moment I walked in, I knew I was in for an incredible gastronomical experience. Chose to sit at the bar and have the chef delight my taste buds with his own concoctions. And I was not disappointed one bit. Fantastic food. Great atmosphere. Wonderful staff. I will certainly be going there again for my next sushi lunch and/or dinner.