See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Despite what some folks have written, I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The grumpiness mentioned by some most likely comes from a lack of English. I was offered free Wi-Fi, was taken to my room and directed to the nearest AMT. Room was nice, bathroom clean and well equipped with toiletries, breakfast was substantial and of wide variety of choice - all round a pleasant experience located in the heart of Hamra.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I stayed at the J Hotel for three nights for business and would definitely stay here again. It's refreshing to not be at a chain hotel, and the service here is excellent, and the price is right. I had room 704 which is large with a sleek modern bathroom and a huge balcony. The king-sized bed was very comfortable, and when I asked for an iron, instead of bringing me one, a staff member showed up at my door, took away my ironing and returned it completely ironed in an hour for a low price. Although this is not a corporate chain, it does have the amenities I like in a hotel: a lobby bar, good restaurant and room service, and plenty of outlets in your room, including several near your bed for those who use their phone as an alarm clock and want to charge it overnight. My only complaint is that the wireless was a little slow in the evening. While the J Hotel might not be the fanciest hotel in town, it may be the friendliest, cleanest, and the best bargain.

Room Tip: Room 704 is on the top floor and has a king sized bed, a large balcony and a good-sized bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2016

The hotel is right on Hamra street, top location if you do not mind the noise. The rooms are a bit small but again you get what you pay for. The breakfast is nice, and actually very tasty especially the manakish :D
We also rented a car, and one great advantage is that they offer complimentary valet parking, anyone knows how hard it is to find a parking spot in Hamra street, not to mention free.
The staff was great and helpful in every possible way, I remember both Maya and Mohamed from the reception. The valet parking guys were also very helpful and always around no matter how late it was!
However the internet connection was really bad in the room, that was the main drawback of our stay.
Finally, this is a good hotel considering its rates. I consider it a good value of money, clean and central, but do not expect any luxury there!!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

I give one star because there was nothing lower to give. To summarize, the toilet was broken, the shower water was salty, and we got a parking ticket for ocuppying a space that was offered with the complements of the hotel. Needless to say, the hotel refused to pay for it afterwards. Finally, the door lock didn't work and the breakfast was non-existent.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Mercedes280CE
Reviewed 28 January 2016

I stayed in this hotel two nights mid-January 2016 on business. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff were friendly.

The location of the hotel was a bit difficult to remember or find by taxi but by the second day we finally were able to remember landmarks near the hotel as it isn't well known by taxi drivers.

The water had a strange salty taste to it, but I wasn't sure if that was all of Beirut or just the hotel.

The hotel was fine for a quick business trip - not luxury but not squalor either.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business