Plaza Hotel
US$ 104
US$ 101
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewshamra streetaffordable hotellocation is greatreception staffpleasant staybars and restaurantsfour nightsroom was spaciousomarinternethearttaxibellboylinensfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I have booked this hotel for 3 times on different occasions and last time was in August 2015. Even they have provide me with the business card to book directly from the hotel to get discounts. Usually their service was good and there had a very good receptionist BTW the name of Omar was really excellent and had helped us with all our request during our previous stay at the hotel. During our last stay. The manager ( a lady) was not helpful and rude, after staying for 5 nights, we moved to Crown Plaza Hotel due to her attitude. Overall the hotel is good for the value of money, located in a vital Street where you have an easy access to all the nearby tourist places, variety of restaurants abdel bars around. Crepe Away restaurant opened in this hotel and their food was Yummy... recommended even though I have not liked the manager attitude ... maybe was a one off issue.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I needed a place to study for the night with my wife and baby daughter. We reserved a deluxe room on their website with ease. When we got there they upgraded us to a suite room and placed us away from any noise considering we had a baby with us. That was nice of them.

There don't really have a parking per say, but they do a deal with a parking across the street where we pay 10,000 per day. Which is less than other hotels that ask for 20,000 or 25,000.

The rooms were clean and i liked that a nespresso coffee machine was provided. Naturally I brought my own capsules because the ones in room a 4x the normal price.

The one thing that bothered me was the lamps didn't work work. Don't really know why and I'm only there for 1 night so I didn't really care but it would bother me if I stayed longer.

The location is great, the AC were working well and the shower was good.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
009611751255, Manager at Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Sir
Thank you for your recent review with specific example of where we failed to meet your expectations during your recent visit.
I apologize for the lapses in service you encountered and assure you this is not typical at the Plaza Hotel Beirut.
I will personally discuss this matter with our housekeeping department in order to provide the service we pride ourselves in.
Please be sure that I will take all necessary action.
I sincerely hope you will reconsider visiting us again.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

the hotel is laying in the middel of Hamra street providing you the best location in beirut ,nice and clean ,the stuff in the reception are great .
Breakfast is not bad but not fantastic either you can live with it,rooms are over middel ,
beds are comfortable .
BUT there is 1 major problem unfortunately the WIFI is horrible so if you are in business visit to beirut i would not recommend this hotel because you must call the reception all the time asking for a new password ,it's really very annoying ,
i am hesitating to do my next booking if the wifi does not get better.:(((

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear Sir
I will personally discuss this matter with my IT department in order to provide the service we pride ourselves in.
Please be sure that I will take all necessary action.
I sincerely hope you will reconsider visiting us again.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

The hotel is at the end of Hamra st which is a very important street due to its livability and great night life. The hotel looks new from a first glance; however, when we got to our room we found that the furniture is very old and smells of cigarettes. The room was very small although it was a superior double room. The complementary water will not be replaced as well as the two apples you find as a welcome gift. The biggest misery of all is the internet service. The internet is very slow and the password keeps resetting almost every hour or less, so if you are on a business trip, you are pretty much screwed. The hotel has no parking space so expect road fury at your airport taxi or shuttle driver when you unload or load your luggage. There is not fitness center and the breakfast is horrendous (never book bed and breakfast cuz it is better to enjoy breakfast from the many available places around Hamra st). I stayed there for 4 nights and the hotel was the only downside of my visit to Lebanon.

Room Tip: just avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

The location is in central beirut close from all the main attractions there. The Hotel is not the best. At least the rooms are clean, but the rooms are very small. However the service there is excellent, as I came after late check out time because of unusual circumstances. The manager there understood, and didn't charge me any extra fees. Which is for me the main thing I look for in a hotel. Therefore if your looking for a cheap hotel with great service in Beirut that is the one.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo