All reviews hamra street attached some photos tea and coffee making facilities great central location pleasant stay reception staff bars and restaurants four nights internet omar heart taxi bellboy fi
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel is on Al Hamra Street, Beirut's most famous.
Relative to its position and services, it is very cheap (price cheap I mean).
Compared to other hotels nearby at close price, this is way better.
The hotel is neat, clean, friendly, and calm.
Staff extremely helpful and cleaning is superb.
One issue I suffered from though, it is the noisy central air conditioning and the fact that the AC turns off every time there power resets.
So if power rests during night time, you will be suffering sweating all night :)
Else, everything is great.
The pillows are heavenly, the bed is comfy but not perfect though.
Breakfast is delicious, offering variety. But the ingredients never change. So it is not that everyday they have a different menu. Breakfast will be the same all through your stay.
There is a nearby chargeable parking, but you can always use the park meters after 7pm for free.

Final advice, go for it. It is the best at this price.

Room tip: - Book online, you will get 1 hour of free internet a day :)
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaderH
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before in the fall of 2011. When I visit Beirut again, I'll probably stay at the Plaza again. Just an overall good experience.

They were accommodating at the front desk. Mohamed and Abed (he remembered me from my previous visit there) were particularly helpful. There was a woman there too, but she seems to have limited English and as a result was not as helpful. Mohamed assisted us in booking a day trip to the Grotto and Byblos. They also booked our transportation to the airport ... in addition to recommending restaurants and shopping in the neighborhood.

The breakfast is just enough to get the day started. The beds were comfortable. The shower was relaxing.

The Internet is a problem in general in Beirut. So this is not a problem that the hotel can adress on a larger scale. The hotel does offer one complementary hour of Internet access per day. But the system is so cumbersome to both log in to and log out of.

I wish that they had a small workout room.

Room tip: We had a non-smoking floor (6) and the view was on the side street as opposed to Hamra Street. I have no complaints about this location or the room.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank kim-ohradiogirl
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 18 March 2013

All was 3 rating until when I was rushing in the early morning to the airport. I was hit with 3 phony charges. Attempted to charge me for 15 phone calls that there was no answer. So do not left up the phone. Charge for internet that I bought for 1 hr but showed up 7 minuts remaimg as soon as I logged in. So, $25 I paid unjustly. Finally they wanted to charge me for a choclate bar and peanut bag which I did not know that they existed in the mini bar. This I did not pay and I was ready for confrontation because this is not a set of rules that you cannot argue. This was some thing to do with my knowledeg and act and therefore I will not pay for some thing I did not consume even if I have to miss my flight. Speaking the local language helped because I have seen these grapes before.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in March. Booking for 1 night very spontaneous, 82$ (weekend!). Reception was very nice and friendly. Upgrade to Executive Suite. very spacious and clean. breakfast was included but I preferred to sleep out.
Location is great, just off Hamra Street.
Second night was booked on the spot for same price, but was normal room. Was still ok in size. Everyone who complains about it being noisy: YOU ARE IN HAMRA DISTRICT. This is noisy. Lebanese car drivers like to horn. And yes, if you book a taxi via the hotel it's gonna be somewhat more expensive, as this is also a private company (and those drivers tend to drive more European, if you prefer that) but do you expect anything else in another country without metered fare? (First time I went to Beirut being a greenhorn I paid 40USD from airport to Hamra. Double of what would be a fair price.)

Date of stay: March 2013