All reviews hamra street attached some photos tea and coffee making facilities great central location affordable hotel reception staff pleasant stay bars and restaurants four nights internet omar heart taxi bellboy fi
Reviewed 18 March 2013

All was 3 rating until when I was rushing in the early morning to the airport. I was hit with 3 phony charges. Attempted to charge me for 15 phone calls that there was no answer. So do not left up the phone. Charge for internet that I bought for 1 hr but showed up 7 minuts remaimg as soon as I logged in. So, $25 I paid unjustly. Finally they wanted to charge me for a choclate bar and peanut bag which I did not know that they existed in the mini bar. This I did not pay and I was ready for confrontation because this is not a set of rules that you cannot argue. This was some thing to do with my knowledeg and act and therefore I will not pay for some thing I did not consume even if I have to miss my flight. Speaking the local language helped because I have seen these grapes before.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in March. Booking for 1 night very spontaneous, 82$ (weekend!). Reception was very nice and friendly. Upgrade to Executive Suite. very spacious and clean. breakfast was included but I preferred to sleep out.
Location is great, just off Hamra Street.
Second night was booked on the spot for same price, but was normal room. Was still ok in size. Everyone who complains about it being noisy: YOU ARE IN HAMRA DISTRICT. This is noisy. Lebanese car drivers like to horn. And yes, if you book a taxi via the hotel it's gonna be somewhat more expensive, as this is also a private company (and those drivers tend to drive more European, if you prefer that) but do you expect anything else in another country without metered fare? (First time I went to Beirut being a greenhorn I paid 40USD from airport to Hamra. Double of what would be a fair price.)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ivobrown
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Arrived having booked on hotels.com and behold the room I'd reserved was unavailable. I was told it was on a floor that they were "spraying for bugs" and they didn't want me to "stay there and feel dizzy." Ruh oh. They offered me a smoking room (I don't smoke) with an espresso machine or a funny smelling larger room with three tiny beds.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JFMars
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotels is at the end of Hamra Street. This street has a lot of stores, places to eat but is also extremely busy with taxis and a lot of people.
The front desk employees were really nice and helpful when I asked for questions.
Free wifi.

I stayed for 9 nights and the room didn't got clean very much. The folded the bed cover, changed towels and took out the trash. They didn't clean much. The lobby always smell like smoke because of the restaurant on that floor.

Room Tip: My room was looking at the side to another building. I hope they don't give you the room that looks to the street cause is too noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The price was excellent & location was great. I stayed a night at the beginning & 1 night at the end of my vacation. Both times, I was on the street side on the 6th floor & it was very noisy, but the bed was extremely comfortable. The windows didn't lock in my room the second night. Reception was very helpful. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to other travellers if you can sleep through traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for the Deluxe room (it has a coffee maker & expresso machine)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo