“Good price and perfect service”
Review of Plaza Hotel

Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Spent five days very pleasantly in this hotel. Location is perfect, and the staffs are so nice. Though the bathroom seems to be a little bit worn-out, it is cleaned spotlessly. If you plan to stay here only for sightseeing, I will recommend this hotel strongly.
My only one complaint is about TV channels. If only I could watch al-Jazeera or BBC!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 November 2011

We went off season so it was very reasonably priced, and waaaay better than others in the same price range. It was clean, REALLY helpful staff, clean water, reasonable breakfast, and of course very well located in the heart of the bustling Hamra district.

Room Tip: book through Trip Advisors (like Aguda) and you make a genuine saving for the same room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Following a quick search on the internet from Cyprus we decided on a quick trip to Beirut. I can honestly say that we were pleasantly surprised by our choice of the Hotel Plaza on Hamra Street in Beirut.
The 4 Star hotel reception staff could not do enough to welcome our party.
The rooms with bath/shower were comfortable and clean and were larger than some European equivalent accommodation.
A good feature of the establishment was the adjacent coffee bar which could be used as a meeting area or just 'watch'the world go by' which included the constantly horn blaring taxis which are feature of Beirut.
The hotel location is very central so that you can either go down to the Corniche or to the very up-to-date shopping malls via the compulsory Starbucks, as in every modern city.
So if anyone is visiting the Lebanon and Beirut in particular, the Hotel Plaza can be recommended.........but don't be put off by the noise of the city! It is 24 hours.

Look out for the incongruous.......brand new buildings right next to those still full of shell holes!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Noni_and_John
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Spent 3 nights there in business trip to Beirut, clean and friendly atmosphere, location was magnificent, room amenities were convincing.

Good choice for budget travels and for quick business stay.

Room Tip: Get rooms on Al Hamra Street View
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mohi_Khater
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Five Stars are not Enough! I had an amazing stay I had at this hotel. It truly EXCEEDED my expectations and I will recommend anyone coming to Beirut to stay here. The price for the hotel was so reasonable, that I was afraid it might be too good to be true. But it wasn’t. The hotel staff were always friendly and attentive. I really got the impression that they wanted to help me and give me any information that I needed. The rooms were clean (I believe the maid service is on site until 8pm). I even asked to see all of the different room sizes/options and I found all of them to be well laid out and comfortable.
The Hamra location was perfect for those who wish to do shopping, eat out and enjoy an urban environment. I was able to enjoy both high end cuisine at some of the nearby restaurants as well as found some budget food options steps from the hotel. The hotel has a café in the ground floor (Lina’s) which I enjoyed a few times, but later started walking down the street to get my morning espresso and man'oushe. There is a grocery store less than a block from the hotel and there are fresh fruit vendors around the corner.
In less than a five minute walk from the hotel I was able to see the Mediterranean and the Roache Rocks and stroll along the Corniche. I even enjoyed a longer walk to the downtown (centreville) area. Although many of the locals might tell you otherwise, I had no problem catching a shared taxi (serveez) and driving to the other side of the city (Gemayzee/Monot) for less then 2$. Or the hotel can arrange for private taxis at your request.
I read some of the negative points in other reviews about this hotel, but I find that their complaints were not the fault of the hotel. For example the Internet in Beirut in general is slow; it is a city wide problem and not specific to the hotel or power cuts generally happen in all of Beirut but the hotel has a generator which kicked on almost instantaneously.
Negatives: The view is not stellar. The hotel is situated in an urban environment, so from the room you can see rooftops of other houses, the street, or an apt building across the street. I could not hear the noise of the city with the windows closed.
I would recommend an electric kettle for guests to be able to make coffee/tea and a safe (lockbox)in the room.
This was my first trip to Beirut. I work as an architect in hotel redevelopment in the region and went to take a holiday for a week. I will definitely return and will definitely stay at the Plaza Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo