Phoenicia Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmosaic restauranteau de viegreat hoteloutdoor poollebanese sweetsthe club loungeluxurious hotelzaytouna baybreakfast buffetholiday innsea viewconstruction sitelebanese hospitalitymediterranean seacomfortable roomsfive star hotellate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This hotel is amazing indeed! I had to do a conference with them and everything went smooth with every detail. Staff are outstanding, facilities are top notch! Location is incredible. If you can splurge a bit, this is the place to stay in Beirut. My sincere thanks to the Phoenicia staff for their incredible hospitality, professionalism, and kindness. You made my stay memorable. Mabruk!

Room Tip: ask for a high rise room to have a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Christian M, Hotel Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Svetlana_Raykova,

Thank you for your recent stay at Phoenicia Hotel Beirut and for posting such a lovely review. It makes us proud to read that your stay was perfect and awesome in every detail !
Please note that we have communicated your 5 star review with the team as a thank you for their consistent work to provide the highest level of service and standards.
Thank you again for your honest review and for promoting Phoenicia Hotel, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon among us.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Phoenicia's location is very convenient. It's a walking to Zaintuney Bay, corniche and Solidere downtown (watch out for the cars when crossing the street!). It's also near most business offices and, therefore, one doesn't have to suffer through Beirut's traffic.

Room is comfortable. Because we booked late, we couldn't get the king size bed, no smoking room we requested. The receptionist instead arranged to combine the double beds in a no smoking room in the club floor. That worked well for us.

The hotel has a lot of pluses. However, smoking in the public areas (common in Lebanon and the region) and the pricey breakfast are a turn-off. Other than those, it would have been perfect.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jojo-bebot
Christian M, Hotel Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear JoJo-Bebot,

Thank you for choosing Phoenicia Hotel for your recent stay in Beirut and for sharing your experience with others on Trip Advisor.

It is nice to read your recommendation of the hotel and the facilities within and the highlights of our location and neighboring surrounding. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and we are glad to inform you that discussions are in place for a law to ban smoking in public areas in the future. So hopefully when you come back again it will be to healthier environment.
One again, thank you for choosing the Phoenicia Hotel Beirut and for your recommendation. We are pleased that you enjoyed Beirut and we are hoping to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Went to Beirut for new year and stayed at the Phoenicia. A rather bigger hotel than I normally pick but as I had not been to Beirut before and it was new year we decided to stay at the best rated hotel. It was perfect. Extremely comfortable if not slightly old fashioned rooms. Definitely worth getting to know the guys at the concierge desk. They helped us find some really good restaurants and bars. Had a massage in the lovely spa at the hotel which was good, but the great thing about the hotel and the whole of Beirut are the people. Probably the most friendly city I have ever stayed in. We never felt uneasy at any time and everyone welcomed us and spoke to us in bars etc. New years eve was superb. Dress up well in Beirut theynare extremely smart and be prepared for the bill at the end of the night. With the exchange rate it is seriously expensive but well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Definitely try to book a room high up and over looking the sea
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank leedsey

Dear Leedsey,

We are glad that you took the time to share your feedback and post this review on trip advisor about Phoenicia Hotel even though time passed on your last stay with us.
Thank you for that and for your detailed comments and recommendations. Hopefully you will be planning a return visit to Beirut this summer so you get a chance to experience our renovated Presidential suites and the other side of Beirut with its hospitality and friendliness all over again.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon at Phoenicia Hotel Beirut and thank you again for your feedback,

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I checked in at this marvellous hotel 3 nights ago and everything has been impeccable until today when we decided to relax by the pool and enjoy the hotel for a day. People are allowed to smoke at the sun loungers yet one cannot enjoy shisha there, i was told quite rudely that I must go and sit at a table if I wanted shisha - I then proceeded to sit on a sofa which I should add I had been using every night at which to smoke shisha and was then told no I must sit on a table - I was very annoyed considering the whole plae was practically empty with 6 people sitting in the entire area including me and my husband, I think cOnsidering the quality of the hotel and price of the shisha guests should be allowed to smoke where they like and not be treated like school children, I was ready to write a glowing report on this hotel but am extremely disappointed by the daytime pool staff who I found to be extremely rude and nonsensical. Very unfortunate as the hotel itself is impeccable.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Sheeni01
Reviewed 11 May 2012

the hotel looks really middle east and it is amazing! trust all the below messages.
the SPA is gorgeous and you will find a very well equipped gym with all facilities as well as a quite big swimming pool where you can relax.
another very good point is the breakfast room where there are all the kind of food you can look for, form the european, english to the arabic taste.
the hotel is not cheap at all but it really wort

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank cervino75
Christian M, Hotel Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear cervino75,

Thank you for your recent stay at Phoenicia Hotel Beirut, we really appreciate you taking the time to post this review. It is a great pleasure that you described Phoenicia Beirut as the Middle East soul hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed our SPA and Gym and got the chance to try the pool and relax. We are focusing more than ever on health and fitness and promoting a lot of indoor and outdoor activities like Boot Camps and Adventure outings, so hopefully next time you get the chance to try them out.

It is a real pleasure that you liked the food and had a great experience at Mosaic our international buffet and got a taste of different cuisines.

Again thank you for your recent post and for choosing and recommending Phoenicia Hotel Beirut.